• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Undecided Voters between Trump and Hillary

Removable Mind

Irremovable Intelligence
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 25, 2011
Messages
25,803
Reaction score
20,579
Location
Austin, Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Undecided Voters....


[video=youtube;Mx3FDqJRVAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=48&v=Mx3FDqJRVAk[/video]
 

Perotista

DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
27,861
Reaction score
20,382
Location
Georgia
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Other
How are people still undecided?!

I'm not undecided, I decided a long time ago since I detest the thought of either Clinton or Trump in the Oval office to vote for Gary Johnson. That way I have a say in the down ticket offices. But with both Clinton and Trump dislikes above 50% and Trump's now over 60%, it easy to see why some people are still undecided. They just haven't decided which candidate they hate the most. Most undecideds probably do not know there are other options. But if one's adds up all those who have stated they support one of four candidates, the undecideds are down to 6%. But that 6% includes those who state they will vote for other than the four candidates presented, will not vote and undecided.

The latest Quinnipiac polls lists 5% undecided, yougov 8%, Fox News 6%, IBD 5%. So most people have made up their mind. Very few left to influence this election. At this point in 2012 the undecideds were at 4%, 7% in 2008, 4% in 2004 and 6% in 2000. So even with the high dislikes of both major party candidates, the undecideds are at a historical average. What isn't is third party candidates, the Libertarians and Green Party together getting around 10% of the total vote. Again the dislike factor of both major party candidates. No Libertarian has ever get as much as one percent of the vote. But the Libertarian candidate is a viable option when one detests both major party candidates. Especially as much as I do. If Gallup is right, 25% of all America dislike both major party candidates, but most of those 25% are going to hold their nose and vote for the least disliked candidate or one might even say hated.
 

Mathematician

DP Veteran
Joined
Aug 3, 2011
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
1,187
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
How are people still undecided?!

You could say I'm undecided. We often hear "a vote for an alternate candidate helps the other major party". If a friend or colleague on the left can agree with me that Hillary and Trump both suck then I'd be happy to shake on us both voting for neither. If nobody wants to participate then I'll just vote for the lesser of the two evils, which IMO is Trump.
 
Top Bottom