• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unconditional Love, Is It a Thing?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
IMO, “unconditional love’ is brought up by the partner that brings less to the relationship. What are your experiences?

IMO, “unconditional love’ is brought up by the partner that brings less to the relationship. What are your experiences?
More context is required to answer the question. The word "love" is loaded - fraught with so many different meanings, depending on circumstances, on age, on whether the relationship is vertical or horizontal. Too often it's conflated with feelings not even related to love - like obsession, dependence, etc.

Nothing is unconditional. If you think it is, one day you will be severely disappointed.

I think it exists on all plains, relationships and family

for a child or parent I think its easier of course but it still exists

what people have to realize though is, you could still be loved and divorced, left, cut off etc . . .

It is absolutely a thing. I have a wife, two daughters and 6 siblings who I love unconditionally.

It is absolutely a thing. I have a wife, two daughters and 6 siblings who I love unconditionally.
I doubt many couples have unconditional love. Do you? really?

If your wife promised she wouldn't have sex with the lawn crew anymore, after she promised to stop having sex with a roofing crew, after promising to stop having sex with other people in the neighborhood and at work - never stopping at all - using family money to pay the way for her lovers including buying them liquor and drugs - would you tell her that you still love her just as much because your love is unconditional? While you could claim you still love her, but... even that "but" is a condition, isn't it?

Almost all couples draw the line on "unconditional" at adultery. They also likely would for stealing everything because they are a drug addict and many other reasons.

Sure it's a thing, ask any Trumper

Trump really does own your brain, doesn't he?

Hey, try linking to one of your messages critical of Biden.

Back
Top Bottom