• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbelievable!

They often say that truth is stranger than fiction but this is truly unbelievable.

Here is a video that gives a clear timeline and actions taken by Trump regarding the Corona Virus. This is NOT an opinion piece. It is simply time data of actions.

In this video, it is clearly stated that 90% of the deaths from the virus in the United States could have been prevented. Let me say it one more time 90% of the deaths could have been prevented. With deaths now totaling 188,000, it can be said that Trump has over 168,000 deaths on his shoulders.

Tell me what seeing this video makes you think.

How many have died in states run by dems? How is that Trump fault

Oh and all the 100 000 of "peaceful protestors" gathering? Who's fault it that?

That's hogwash. To think that we should have only 18,000 deaths at this point is nothing but biased partisan bull****. No country on the planet has been able to do that. Hell, Coumo alone is responsible for more deaths than that.

The number of unnecessary deaths can be debated. Nonetheless, 1 unnecessary death that could have been prevented is to much. Trump has many deaths on his shoulders.

How many have died in states run by dems? How is that Trump fault

Oh and all the 100 000 of "peaceful protestors" gathering? Who's fault it that?

First of all, Trump is the president of the United States (not just of a few states) and as such, policy as far as what is to be done in a pandemic is on his shoulders. If a state decides to not follow policy, then it is on the governors. Trump did not set up a policy that was aimed at preventing deaths.

As far as protests are concerned, they are allowable in the Constitution and therefore there is nothing any Democrat Governor could have done to prevent them from occurring. The people that have rioted and looted are being persecuted, which is the only thing that Governors (Democrat or Republican) can do.

In addition, how can a few deaths (from protesting) be compared with tens of thousands due to incompetent virus handling. And by the way, don't say that Trump was not guilty of incompetence given that there are many examples of other countries with the same political type of governments that did control their virus expansion. Trump failed.

From what I've seen, you are one of the more rational lefties here. What, in the Federal government's response to the virus do you find fault with? Specifically, what do you think they should have done differently?
Thank you.

He disbanded the pandemic team, including withdrawing our CDC imbed in Wuh Han. He spent months pretending it was not happening or a Dem hoax. He pressured governors & supporters to not wear masks or take the virus serious. Three - off the top of my head. Oh, he discredits Dr. Fauci rather than listen to him. This last is a biggie.

He disbanded the pandemic team, including withdrawing our CDC imbed in Wuh Han. He spent months pretending it was not happening or a Dem hoax. He pressured governors & supporters to not wear masks or take the virus serious. Three - off the top of my head. Oh, he discredits Dr. Fauci rather than listen to him. This last is a biggie.

And Trump has made a shambles of CDC and FDA. Hahn who has turned out to be an incompetent toad (what else is new) after making a blunder that a novice statistician would not make, has now sent out notices to all the State Governors to prep up to handle distribution of a vaccine on Nov 1st, two days before the Election.

The chance of compiling data that would make it possible to even issue an EA for a vaccine by Nov 1 are NONE AND NONE, Not even slim and none unless a totally politicized utterly useless and dangerous EA. The chance that all 50 states would be ready to handle vaccines that need be stored at 80 degrees below zero are none and none.

This reminds me so much of where we are in testing, paying billions of $ for tests that don't work because the results come back too late to do anything with them. Now we are spending billions of $ on a vaccine that nobody is going to risk taking. Vaccines don't save lives....vaccinations do!

Thanks again Donnie....you have outdone yourself one more time.

Yup, Trump messed this up big time.

But all this information that Trump ignored throughout January and February was also available to the Governors of NY and NJ, and even CA, the 5th largest economy in the world, and what did THEY do about it?

Yup, Trump messed this up big time.

But all this information that Trump ignored throughout January and February was also available to the Governors of NY and NJ, and even CA, the 5th largest economy in the world, and what did THEY do about it?

That is rich. They were not President of the United States. They did not declare a National Emergency and then do nothing other than lay the issue all in the lap of governors. They could not have initiated a National testing and tracing strategy and plan if they wanted to AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEEDED. They could not have incentivized Rapid Test kits which would have taken the pressure off the PCR which is really a clinical test kit. We are FINALLY getting Rapid testing in about 6 weeks.....6 months late. How quickly did SK have Rapid Testing? Instead of studying SK's Rapid Testing we criticized it. Trump's usual unscrupulous ignorance on display for all to see again.

Now he has a Radiologist at the head of the WH COVID team who is pushing herd immunity via COVID transmission which will require at minimum, 250 million with COVID in the US. Lets see based on the numbers we know that would yield anywhere from 600,000 to 2.1M deaths.

And Trump has made a shambles of CDC and FDA. Hahn who has turned out to be an incompetent toad (what else is new) after making a blunder that a novice statistician would not make, has now sent out notices to all the State Governors to prep up to handle distribution of a vaccine on Nov 1st, two days before the Election.

The chance of compiling data that would make it possible to even issue an EA for a vaccine by Nov 1 are NONE AND NONE, Not even slim and none unless a totally politicized utterly useless and dangerous EA. The chance that all 50 states would be ready to handle vaccines that need be stored at 80 degrees below zero are none and none.

This reminds me so much of where we are in testing, paying billions of $ for tests that don't work because the results come back too late to do anything with them. Now we are spending billions of $ on a vaccine that nobody is going to risk taking. Vaccines don't save lives....vaccinations do!

Thanks again Donnie....you have outdone yourself one more time.
These vaccines have the possibility of being Swine-Flu '76 all over again ...

Our country currently has a VOID in our White House.

It's empty. No leader.

Such as there is one, it's this guy and his wife Jared™.

maxresdefault.jpg

That is rich. They were not President of the United States. They did not declare a National Emergency and then do nothing other than lay the issue all in the lap of governors. They could not have initiated a National testing and tracing strategy and plan if they wanted to AND THAT IS WHAT WE NEEDED. They could not have incentivized Rapid Test kits which would have taken the pressure off the PCR which is really a clinical test kit. We are FINALLY getting Rapid testing in about 6 weeks.....6 months late. How quickly did SK have Rapid Testing? Instead of studying SK's Rapid Testing we criticized it. Trump's usual unscrupulous ignorance on display for all to see again.

Now he has a Radiologist at the head of the WH COVID team who is pushing herd immunity via COVID transmission which will require at minimum, 250 million with COVID in the US. Lets see based on the numbers we know that would yield anywhere from 600,000 to 2.1M deaths.

It's like you didn't even read what I wrote. The President probably can't order a nationwide lock down, and certainly couldn't enforce one if he did. The lack of a National Emergency didn't stop governors from ordering shut downs. Why did they wait until March? Why did CA reopen bars in May, even while their daily case rate was climbing? What was stopping all the biotech companies and universities in CA, NJ, and NY from copying this supposed SK rapid test? Or better yet, just ramping up standard PCR tests. It's not exactly rocket-surgery.

By the way, great job cherry-picking SK. Why not tell us what happened in Italy, Spain, and the UK, none of which were run by Trump?

Seriously, your selective outrage is probably the most "Unbelievable" thing in this thread.

Here's another scary facet of this:

This is a novel disease that's now starting to look like it's causing long-lasting impairments in some, including brain functioning issues. Apparently, it attaches itself to the inside of red blood cells, and infects the entire body, organs, and tissues. It's thought that this is why there's such a wide-ranging myriad of weird symptoms among its victims.

If we let this thing go herd, we may be dooming an entire populace to medical anomalies. Imagine Agent Orange for the masses. We just don't know. But until we do, the idea of letting everyone get sick with an unknown disease is pure fuggin' insanity!

Last edited:
Here's another scary facet of this:

This is a novel disease that's now starting to look like it's causing long-lasting impairments, including brain functioning issues. Apparently, it attaches itself to the inside of red blood cells, and infects the entire body, organs, and tissues. It's thought that this is why there's such a wide-ranging weird myriad of symptoms among its victims.

If we let this thing go herd, we may be dooming an entire populace to medical anomalies. Imagine Agent Orange for the masses. We just don't know. But until we do, the idea of letting everyone get sick with an unknown disease is pure fuggin' insanity!

I have been making that argument to the COVID deniers for weeks now. We have the direct deaths from COVID and we have the patients that end up with long term issues related to critical life systems beyond Respiratory like Pulmonary, heart, kidneys, liver you name it. We could be dooming an entire generation or two to early death due to these other effects. But lets just let the younger folk get it because they can handle the initial COVID assault better. An ignorant bunch of BS that.

I have been making that argument to the COVID deniers for weeks now. We have the direct deaths from COVID and we have the patients that end up with long term issues related to critical life systems beyond Respiratory like Pulmonary, heart, kidneys, liver you name it. We could be dooming an entire generation or two to early death due to these other effects. But lets just let the younger folk get it because they can handle the initial COVID assault better. An ignorant bunch of BS that.
Insanity! Pure insanity!

We literally have the worst administration possible, for fighting a pandemic. Such luck! To say, 'they're going to kill us', is not too inaccurate.

Thank you.

He disbanded the pandemic team,

Do you have any analysis, other than by members of the Obama administration that this action by Bolton at the NSC in anyway hampered the Federal Government's response?

including withdrawing our CDC imbed in Wuh Han.
Interesting. Are you saying he should have known COVID was going to start in Wuhan?

He spent months pretending it was not happening or a Dem hoax.

Even uber liberal Snopes calls that false.

Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a 'Hoax'?

He pressured governors & supporters to not wear masks or take the virus serious. Three - off the top of my head. Oh, he discredits Dr. Fauci rather than listen to him. This last is a biggie.

Pressured? How's that? Fauci said don't wear masks, the WHO said don't wear masks; the Surgeon General said don't wear masks, the CDC said don't wear masks.

I think all along he has said take it seriously, but we can't let it cripple our country. And, IMHO, the overraction of closing down everything has crippled our country.

Ignorant? Really? You have medical studies that conclude children exposed to the virus will die early from Pulmonary, heart, kidneys, liver disease damage? Really?

Let me say it one more time 90% of the deaths could have been prevented. With deaths now totaling 188,000, it can be said that Trump has over 168,000 deaths on his shoulders.
Your commentary is unprovable, and thus boneheaded.

Your commentary is unprovable, and thus boneheaded.

Whatever you say. In your fantasy world you are lord and king and your facts are the only facts that count. Nonetheless, one reality you cannot ignore. We have 4% of the world's population but 25% of the world's corona virus deaths under Trump's watch. This happening to a country that was #1 in pandemic preparedness.

bestpreparedpandemics.jpg

Last edited:
Whatever you say. In your fantasy world you are lord and king and your facts are the only facts that count. Nonetheless, one reality you cannot ignore. We have 4% of the world's population but 25% of the world's corona virus deaths under Trump's watch. This happening to a country that was #1 in pandemic preparedness.

View attachment 67294250

As it happens, I had a physical today and my doctor and I were talking about corona, and he said that the stated deaths due to corona are extremely misleading.

Unless your doctor was attempting to explain to you that the number of COVID-19 deaths is actually UNDER-COUNTED by about 50%, your doctor seems to be a moron (and, thus, a likely Trumpster).

iLOL That in no way proves your absurd commentary.
That you think it does is hilarious. :lamo

Let's see

World Deaths = 866,192
U.S. Deaths = 193,121

Let me bring my calculator so there is no mistake

That is 22% of the world's deaths

Now lets check on the world's population

World = 7.8 billion
U.S. = 331 million

Calculator shows

4.2% of world's population

Mathematics (calculator) says that the U.S. was 4.2% of the world's population and 22% of the world's corona virus deaths

You can check all of these figures here

You need to provide your own calculator but I do guarantee 100% the numbers will be the same.

So now what do you say about "absurd commentary"?

Let's see

World Deaths = 866,192
U.S. Deaths = 193,121

Let me bring my calculator so there is no mistake

That is 22% of the world's deaths

Now lets check on the world's population

World = 7.8 billion
U.S. = 331 million

Calculator shows

4.2% of world's population

Mathematics (calculator) says that the U.S. was 4.2% of the world's population and 22% of the world's corona virus deaths

You can check all of these figures here

You need to provide your own calculator but I do guarantee 100% the numbers will be the same.

So now what do you say about "absurd commentary"?
Anfd again.

All the metrics between those countries are not equal, so you have no valid comparison and you do not know why the numbers are not comparable.
But what we do know is that you want to make leaps of logic and jump to conclusions.

Anfd again.

All the metrics between those countries are not equal, so you have no valid comparison and you do not know why the numbers are not comparable.
But what we do know is that you want to make leaps of logic and jump to conclusions.

Metric eh?

Let me give you some metrics

1) we were supposed to be the most prepared country in the world for a pandemic and we are near the rear
2) Brazil was the least prepared of all nations and their president has not handled it well and yet they have 70,000 less deaths and only 1/3 less population.
3) Spain and Italy were not prepared for the pandemic and do not have the economic resources we do to deal with it and got hit big time at first. They have now been averaging less than 20 deaths per day for the past 3 months while we are averaging over 1000 deaths per day. They have 1/3 the population that we do, meaning if they had the same amount of population they would be averaging less than 60 deaths per day. We are still averaging over 15 times more
4) New York got hit the worst of all the cities in the U.S. at first but they too are now averaging less than 10 deaths per day for the past 3 months due to Cuomo foll0owing CDC guidelines and not Trump guidelines. Florida, who is run by Ron DeSantis and who is a Trump clone and doing what Trump recommeds is averaging close to 150 deaths per day. Also 15 times more.

Metrics, these are valid metrics.

Metric eh?

Let me give you some metrics

1) we were supposed to be the most prepared country in the world for a pandemic and we are near the rear
2) Brazil was the least prepared of all nations and their president has not handled it well and yet they have 70,000 less deaths and only 1/3 less population.
3) Spain and Italy were not prepared for the pandemic and do not have the economic resources we do to deal with it and got hit big time at first. They have now been averaging less than 20 deaths per day for the past 3 months while we are averaging over 1000 deaths per day. They have 1/3 the population that we do, meaning if they had the same amount of population they would be averaging less than 60 deaths per day. We are still averaging over 15 times more
4) New York got hit the worst of all the cities in the U.S. at first but they too are now averaging less than 10 deaths per day for the past 3 months due to Cuomo foll0owing CDC guidelines and not Trump guidelines. Florida, who is run by Ron DeSantis and who is a Trump clone and doing what Trump recommeds is averaging close to 150 deaths per day. Also 15 times more.

Metrics, these are valid metrics.
:doh
No. #1. Is not a metric at all.
All populations are not equal.
Different demographics different overall health etc...

:doh
No. #1. Is not a metric at all.
All populations are not equal.
Different demographics different overall health etc...

We have now climbed the ladder of infamy to 10th in the world in deaths from COVID per 100k population. We have climbed past Sweden who has followed a herd immunity via transmission strategy. In other words, they did not even try to stop transmission. Sp that puts us in better shape than 9 other countries and behind the remaining 170 or so. This with the US being the richest country in the world and having the most advanced bio-chem industry in the world. But of course all stilted by having the biggest IDIOT head of state in the world sitting in the Oval Office.

Last edited:
We have now climbed the ladder of infamy to 10th in the world in deaths from COVID per 100k population. We have climbed past Sweden who has followed a herd immunity via transmission strategy. In other words, they did not even try to stop transmission. Sp that puts us in better shape than 9 other countries and behind the remaining 170 or so. This with the US being the richest country in the world and having the most advanced bio-chem industry in the world. But of course all stilted by having the biggest IDIOT head of state in the world sitting in the Oval Office.
Your finale commentary is absurd, and our wealth has not a damn thing to do with it.
We are worse off than another country though they did nothing while we did do something. If you do not understand that that is an indication that other factors/metrics besides leadership are involved, something is wrong with the way you see things. Likely TDS.

Back
Top Bottom