• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

Tim the plumber

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Typical of the church... blame everyone else but the one harming someone.

Unbelievable religious thinking.
That sounds like an irrational emotional response.

Like your post?

No, like your absurdity here.
Nothing in the quote of what the lawyer said was religious thinking. If you think it was you have a severe problem with reality.

Nothing in the quote of what the lawyer said was religious thinking. If you think it was you have a severe problem with reality.

Who was he excusing; who paid his bill; who did he represent?

Is your argument stupid or intellectually dishonest? Do tell.

Hey man, if people want to tithe to protect pedophiles and rapists, more power to them /s

Who was he excusing; who paid his bill; who did he represent?

Is your argument stupid or intellectually dishonest? Do tell.
You are engaged in irrational stupidity.
Apparently you you have no clue as to what religeous thinking is.

You are engaged in irrational stupidity.
Apparently you you have no clue as to what religeous thinking is.

religious.

religious.

:lamo

Oh my G_d he got me with a spelling error. I ma gonna hange my hed in sham.
This sumhow proves he is rite that a nonreligeous comment is religious.
calamity wins! yay! /sarcasm

Try again and leave your irrationality out of it.

:lamo

Oh my G_d he got me with a spelling error. I ma gonna hange my hed in sham.
This sumhow proves he is rite that a nonreligeous comment is religious.
calamity wins! yay! /sarcasm

Try again and leave your irrationality out of it.

Funny is you lecturing me on something you cannot even spell.

Dismissed

The Bishop and the lawyer both have a sever problem with reality. Or at least view it very differently to the rest of us.

Something has caused them to think that this sort of thing, sticking your penis into a young boy who does not want it is a "vanilla sexual penetration" done by somebody else other than the Bishop.. the man inside the Bishop so you can't bash the Bishop. The common something is the religion.

They may have. :shrug:
But that is not religious thinking, which is the point.

How have such people become so different from the rest of us then if it is not the mind warping effect of religion?

How have such people become so different from the rest of us then if it is not the mind warping effect of religion?

Point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity.

This isn't like being able to point to specific sexual rites of passage that still exist in tribal groups where they do not believe their activity is debased and harmful like we see it.

Point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity.

This isn't like being able to point to specific sexual rites of passage that still exist in tribal groups where they do not believe their activity is debased and harmful like we see it.

It is exactly like the tribal tradition/acceptance/normalization of such behavior. The effect of all those around you doing it and you not having the freedom/encouragement to think for your self will have that effect upon those who are predisposed to go with the flow.

Clearly the culture in the catholic church is an acceptance of such deeds and thinking.

It is exactly like the tribal tradition/acceptance/normalization of such behavior. The effect of all those around you doing it and you not having the freedom/encouragement to think for your self will have that effect upon those who are predisposed to go with the flow.

Clearly the culture in the catholic church is an acceptance of such deeds and thinking.
No. You are not following.

I asked that you "point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity".
And then pointed out that "this isn't like being able to point to specific sexual rites of passage that still exist in tribal groups where they do not believe their activity is debased and harmful like we see it".

You can't point to anything in their religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity like you can in those tribal cultures.

No. You are not following.

I asked that you "point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity".
And then pointed out that "this isn't like being able to point to specific sexual rites of passage that still exist in tribal groups where they do not believe their activity is debased and harmful like we see it".

You can't point to anything in their religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity like you can in those tribal cultures.

Religion is not just a law book.

The culture of the who organization. The general unspoken rules, the acceptance of behaviors such as lying etc. The hierarchy is much more important than any suffering of the low people who's welfare is of no concern.

Religion is not just a law book.

The culture of the who organization. The general unspoken rules, the acceptance of behaviors such as lying etc. The hierarchy is much more important than any suffering of the low people who's welfare is of no concern.
You are speaking nonsense now.

Again. Point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity.
You know why you are being asked to do that. It's because you actually can not point to anything.
The activity itself and what was complained about is not religious thinking. Period.

You are speaking nonsense now.

Again. Point to anything in their specific religion that authorizes/condones/supports such activity.
You know why you are being asked to do that. It's because you actually can not point to anything.
The activity itself and what was complained about is not religious thinking. Period.
Abstract: Utilizing data from 326 cases of alleged child sexual abuse that occurred at or through activities provided by Protestant Christian congregations, this study examines demographic and contextual characteristics of alleged child sexual abuse that took place within the most prevalent religious environment in the United States. Research questions are addressed in this study. First, what type of child sexual abuse most commonly occurs at or through activities provided by Protestant Christian congregations?

Religions | Free Full-Text | Child Sexual Abuse in Protestant Christian Congregations: A Descriptive Analysis of Offense and Offender Characteristics | HTML

Jehovah’s Witnesses face child sexual-abuse investigation in Australia

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b3dc93e3b9a_story.html?utm_term=.1b656bdd160e

Did Pope Francis Forgive 4,444 Pedophile Priests in Australia?

FACT CHECK: Did Pope Francis Forgive 4,444 Pedophile Priests in Australia?

There is a clear thing going on here. The link is religion. That the scripture does not tell you to do this is not a get out clause.

Neither is claiming the victory. That shows you to be a Narcissist. Something the Bishop and hos lawyer have to a greater degree than you.

Religions | Free Full-Text | Child Sexual Abuse in Protestant Christian Congregations: A Descriptive Analysis of Offense and Offender Characteristics | HTML

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...b3dc93e3b9a_story.html?utm_term=.1b656bdd160e

FACT CHECK: Did Pope Francis Forgive 4,444 Pedophile Priests in Australia?

There is a clear thing going on here. The link is religion. That the scripture does not tell you to do this is not a get out clause.

Neither is claiming the victory. That shows you to be a Narcissist. Something the Bishop and hos lawyer have to a greater degree than you.

iLOL No. The link is not religion. The link is debased behavior on the part of individuals. The religion has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom