• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbelievable religious thinking. Pedophillia.

A sky daddy:lol:funny. Im not proposing that their is or isnt a 'sky daddy'. However, mankind did not discover or invent math. Math revealed itself to man. The chronos of our own solar system indicates intelligence in function. Did the sun and planets go to planet school?
The very shape of almost all celestial bodies, the circle, is itself an infinite yet defined object. Pi never ends but begins with 3.
I was led to believe in santa claus. Not true
Most are being led to believe that their isn't a creator that can not be defined or described by mankinds science. A science that has not yet defined or described gravity and its causes

lol...math did not "reveal" itself any more than English, French, Spanish, Italian or Swahili did. :roll:

I definitely would never want to be a lawyer and making ridiculous arguments for the sake of the client

This describes Rudy Giuliani.
Rudy should be ashamed of himself.

Again I disagree. The entire basis, as far as I can tell, for their faith is to have an identity and group to belong to to be part of such a power structure. The greater the need to lie about reality the better, generally, this means that given all the people you are with in your group are collectively lying then your lying is automatically sanctioned.

Knowing it is bag of bollocks is the whole point.

You guys seem to be saying pretty much the same thing, but to be talking past each other. Different language modalities or something...

You guys seem to be saying pretty much the same thing, but to be talking past each other. Different language modalities or something...

I think the fine/slight difference is if the people of faith actually see that their own faith is drivel. I think they do, Calamity thinks they are blind to that.

I think the fine/slight difference is if the people of faith actually see that their own faith is drivel. I think they do, Calamity thinks they are blind to that.

Ah. I think you are right when it comes to the ones raking in the money, but wrong when it comes to most of the minions. Leaders and followers. Benny Hinn doesn't believe, but he's rich.

Ah. I think you are right when it comes to the ones raking in the money, but wrong when it comes to most of the minions. Leaders and followers. Benny Hinn doesn't believe, but he's rich.

My experience is that even those at the bottom are at best searching for the faith rather than actually really believing it all.

I agree. I suspect that the "followers" believe the core of what is being preached. The leaders not so much.

So the fact that religions, all of them, are a happy hunting ground for pedophiles who are supported and enabled by a community of habitually lying people in a social framework that gives far more regard to social position than to truth has nothing to do with it then?

Well I disagree.
It seems the problems you speak to are of your own making.

I think he does. Religious 'thinking' is the abandonment of reason, replacing it with 'faith' in nonsensical dogmas. Religion is a backward and primitive enemy of science, good old plain common sense and every other sort of rational thinking.

Good luck with that nonsense. Your in-general analysis has no applicability here.

lol...math did not "reveal" itself any more than English, French, Spanish, Italian or Swahili did. :roll:

so how do you add 2 and 2 in any of those languages? is it a different result in each language? how about the mathmatical relationship between the diameter and cicumference of a circle? is that a different number in Swahili versus oh let say Mandarin since we are comparing knowledge and making obvious attempts at being academically pious.

so how do you add 2 and 2 in any of those languages? is it a different result in each language? how about the mathmatical relationship between the diameter and cicumference of a circle? is that a different number in Swahili versus oh let say Mandarin since we are comparing knowledge and making obvious attempts at being academically pious.
There is a different word for the “number,” and there is also a different symbol depending on the culture. But that one and one make a pair of ones is not exactly god sending us a message. Neither is a constant relationship between the radius of a circle and its circumference or area exactly the work of the gods. But, lots of people do read much more into the presence of those patterns than they probably should. :shrug:

I was disgusted when the Vatican recalled him to Rome to sort out their financial problems (yeah, right), however later, the new Pope sent him back to Australia to face the music. Kudos.

Just how bad must the previous deposed Pope have been?

Cardinal Pell's innocence is obvious.

He is a straightforward political prisoner. He is hated by the Australian government and media for opposing their evil practices (primarily child-murder and perversion). They respond by falsely accusing him of perversion. Anyone with eyes can see this.

He should have just read Socrates' Apology at his sentencing.

After the verdict was announced, Pell's top-flight lawyer dismissed one of the charges as "no more than a plain vanilla sexual penetration case where the child is not actively participating".

Just another rape of a child then, is it?

:doh

EVERY organization that works with kids has such people. The churches crime is not that they attract such people; it's not weeding them out and covering it up. But other organizations fail on that count as well. A church is held to a higher standard; as they should be.

Back
Top Bottom