• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbelievable! NBC actually does a fair profile NJ Gov. Christie

Grim17

Battle Ready
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have trashed NBC and their sister network MSNBC on several occasions in the past, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

NBC's "Today Show" shocked the living hell out of me this morning when they did a profile of NJ Governor Chris Christie, and presented him in a positive light. I couldn't believe they didn't try and paint him as a far right kook or something... Anyway, check it out.

RealClearPolitics - Video - "Today Show" Profiles Gov. Chris Christie

I have trashed NBC and their sister network MSNBC on several occasions in the past, but I have to give credit where credit is due.

NBC's "Today Show" shocked the living hell out of me this morning when they did a profile of NJ Governor Chris Christie, and presented him in a positive light. I couldn't believe they didn't try and paint him as a far right kook or something... Anyway, check it out.

NBC did this because they need ratings and more viewers.

But, if that same governor did something stupid, illegal, shocking, the network would be biased for reporting it.

But, if that same governor did something stupid, illegal, shocking, the network would be biased for reporting it.

Not at all... The news itself doesn't create bias. It's the people who report on the news, and what news they choose to, and not to, report on that creates a political bias.

But hey, going after me is exactly the response that we all expect from those of you on the political left... Someone needs to give you a cookie for again meeting expectations.

Not at all... The news itself doesn't create bias. It's the people who report on the news, and what news they choose to, and not to, report on that creates a political bias.

But hey, going after me is exactly the response that we all expect from those of you on the political left... Someone needs to give you a cookie for again meeting expectations.

Of course it does. Everytime soemthing negaticve is reported, people who whine about the media whine because thy're guy got negative press. The fact that they did things to warrant the press escapes them. McCain for example had more negative stories. Of course he was losing and doing stupid things like picking Palin, who did stupid things. Of course this could not possibily be why he had more negative stories. It's the logic used by those who whine. Good news for my guy mean not biased. Bad news means biased.

Of course it does. Everytime soemthing negaticve is reported, people who whine about the media whine because thy're guy got negative press. The fact that they did things to warrant the press escapes them. McCain for example had more negative stories. Of course he was losing and doing stupid things like picking Palin, who did stupid things. Of course this could not possibily be why he had more negative stories. It's the logic used by those who whine. Good news for my guy mean not biased. Bad news means biased.

And it is that exact idea, applied to fox news by the liberals on this forum, that give THEM bias as well. Either both are biased based on this or neither are, but you can't say only ONE is.

And it is that exact idea, applied to fox news by the liberals on this forum, that give THEM bias as well. Either both are biased based on this or neither are, but you can't say only ONE is.

Find where I have claimed Fox "news" is. I would not put political entertainers in the same pot. They are allowed to be biased, stupid, and illogical.

Find where I have claimed Fox "news" is. I would not put political entertainers in the same pot. They are allowed to be biased, stupid, and illogical.

You forgot to include that Fox was also the most trusted news network in all of television (according to a recent poll), and has a larger audience than the other 3 cable news networks combined.

Oh, wait a minute... That doesn't support your attack on Fox news at all...

Never mind then.

You forgot to include that Fox was also the most trusted news network in all of television (according to a recent poll), and has a larger audience than the other 3 cable news networks combined.

Never mind then.
There are polls that show Fox viewers are less informed too. Americans watch a lot of trash on tv so just because it's the most watched means absolutely nothing.

Never mind then.

More viewers doesn't equal superior programming. Jersey shore has shown us that.

Media outfit does something conservatives don't like, conservatives whine. Media outfit does something conservatives like, conservatives whine.

How about people act like grown ups?

Media outfit does something conservatives don't like, conservatives whine. Media outfit does something conservatives like, conservatives whine.

Media outfit does something conservatives don't like, conservatives whine. Media outfit does something liberals don't like, liberals try to get them shut down. I'm just sayin' is all...

I'm going to use this thread to also give kudos to Anderson Cooper on CNN. I almost fell off my chair during his interview with Ben Jealous (NAACP) over the report of the tea party racism report.
He put Jealous through the wringer over using a far left tea party bashing organization to do the report.
You could tell Jealous was thinking "What the hell's going on here? Am I not on CNN? I'm not prepared for difficult questions!"
Is the media finally waking up?

Never mind then.

I haven't attacked Fox at all. Perhaps you should actually pay attention. And keep in mind when you quote such a poll, many an untrustworthy person and organization has been trusted by a majority. You again confuse opinion with equaling fact. the two are not the same.

I haven't attacked Fox at all. Perhaps you should actually pay attention. And keep in mind when you quote such a poll, many an untrustworthy person and organization has been trusted by a majority. You again confuse opinion with equaling fact. the two are not the same.

After re-reading your post, I believe I may have been mistaken. If I now understand you correctly, you were separating Fox's "news" from their opinion shows.

If that is in fact the case, then my apologies, and I retract my accusation.

I wasn't whining... I was giving them props for doing a fair profile of Governor Christie. I tend to rag on NBC/MSNBC for their obvious liberal bias, so I think it's only fair to give them credit when they do some objective reporting.

I'm sorry that me being fair offends you so much.

Last edited:
I'm going to use this thread to also give kudos to Anderson Cooper on CNN. I almost fell off my chair during his interview with Ben Jealous (NAACP) over the report of the tea party racism report.
He put Jealous through the wringer over using a far left tea party bashing organization to do the report.
You could tell Jealous was thinking "What the hell's going on here? Am I not on CNN? I'm not prepared for difficult questions!"
Is the media finally waking up?

I'd like to see that... Got a link to a video of the interview?

After re-reading your post, I believe I may have been mistaken. If I now understand you correctly, you were separating Fox's "news" from their opinion shows.

If that is in fact the case, then my apologies, and I retract my accusation.

Exactly. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom