• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbeatable GOP 2024 Ticket?

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
DeSantis/Youngkin

I think they would fly. I think Youngkin would have to accept a running mate role.

DeSantis/Youngkin

I think they would fly. I think Youngkin would have to accept a running mate role.

That's definitely trumpism without trump.

Don't think that the Democratic base won't put up a fight, though. Regardless of whether we renominate Biden or go for fresh blood, the fall of Roe has viciously reminded us of the far-right's clear and present danger.

That's definitely trumpism without trump.

Don't think that the Democratic base won't put up a fight, though. Regardless of whether we renominate Biden or go for fresh blood, the fall of Roe has viciously reminded us of the far-right's clear and present danger.
Democrats have a short memory. The SCOTUS has pretty much laid out the roadmap for what they are going to hear/decide on in the upcoming term. The Democrats that have been named as possible nominees aren’t very inspiring. If they can turnout in the upcoming elections, maybe it will provide some hope, otherwise it will be a generation before things swing back, imo.

If Biden is out:
Warren
Sanders
Klobuchar
Harris
I can’t see any of these

Sherrod Brown is a new entry, not in the attached link
Roy Cooper don’t know much about him
Pritzker don’t know enough
Buttigieg the DOT thing a little shaky
The ex gov. of Rhode Island, no name yet, I can’t even remember it from the link

The others better get busy……

DeSantis/Youngkin

Youngkin would probably be a wise pick. Even though he's relatively new to politics, he is rapidly gaining momentum as a household name. He managed to win key suburban districts in a moderate state against a prominent Democratic former governor in Terry McAuliffe. Youngkin is slick. He has a way of supporting radical positions without coming across as a radical.

tRump/desantis to be announced in two days without the tRump campaign committee's knowledge
wonder if desantis knows

tRump/desantis to be announced in two days without the tRump campaign committee's knowledge
wonder if desantis knows
That’s what Alex Jones says……………

Democrats have a short memory. The SCOTUS has pretty much laid out the roadmap for what they are going to hear/decide on in the upcoming term. The Democrats that have been named as possible nominees aren’t very inspiring. If they can turnout in the upcoming elections, maybe it will provide some hope, otherwise it will be a generation before things swing back, imo.

If Biden is out:
Warren
Sanders
Klobuchar
Harris
I can’t see any of these

Sherrod Brown is a new entry, not in the attached link
Roy Cooper don’t know much about him
Pritzker don’t know enough
Buttigieg the DOT thing a little shaky
The ex gov. of Rhode Island, no name yet, I can’t even remember it from the link

The others better get busy……

The democrats don't have much of a stable to draw from.

Most of their high visibility potentials are near certifiable whackos.

Sanders is O.K. in my book thought only because he keeps the issues out there. His policies would suck.

DeSantis/Youngkin

Sounds great.

But I noticed Trump seems to be gaining steam again. I think the 1/6 hearings might have hurt him but, all the sudden, he's heading back up again. Maybe that Cassidy testimony ended any potential effectiveness of the one-sided committee. I do think it really brought renewed focus to the issue/problem/oddness of the partisan one-sided nature of the committee. Such an odd and out of the ordinary approach. I think many are now feeling like nah, not cool, unfair and doesn't resonate. Anyway, Trump seems to have stopped going down and has reversed course - heading up now.

I was listening to talk radio in my car earlier this week and a discussion of the GOP 24 situation was happening. They were discussing how, if Trump runs, and others get in the race as many expect and hope (e.g., DeSantis, Pence, Haley, Cotton, Pompeo, etc.), it could end up like 2016, where primary votes split between "everyone else" and the dedicated Trump votes were plentiful and united enough to push him across the finish line. I've been thinking about that and I sure think that theory makes sense. There are still so many millions who love Trump. If it was only Trump and DeSantis, DeSantis might be able to pull it off. But, if it's quite a few candidates, I think it's likely advantage Trump.

DeSantis/Youngkin

DeSantis is a chode.

DeSantis/Youngkin

Better hope tRump is too tied up with his legal defense to run.

No thanks

The GOP are the America Taliban

DeSantis/Youngkin

Proof that Americans will choose the Wagon Queen Family Truckster and stay at the Kamp Komfort tent motel.
(they like to send out a mailer!)

1656810568040.png
1656810545585.png

They are beatable. DeSantis is too arrogant not to say something stupid.

I want a Duckworth/Walsh ticket against them, too.

That's definitely Trumpism without Trump.

I don't know if Youngkin is trying to hook up with DeathSantis, but they certainly would be a good match for the Trumpublican Party . . . and almost guaranteed to get every vote from rattlesnake worshipers.

As if we needed another reminder of it while public January 6 hearings were in progress.

They are beatable. DeSantis is too arrogant not to say something stupid.

I want a Duckworth/Walsh ticket against them, too.
we learned in 2016 that such a thing was no barrier to winning the presidential election

Those are far left utopias. A far right utopia is more akin to goverment ruled by a theocracy, cleric or religious leader.

Far right modern day Saudi is close, but the clerics have lost power, replaced with Saudi nationalism

I live here, see it first hand, i live under there restrictive rules as a gay man. If not for the money 🙄

Imagine America held hostage by Christian zealots, much like Saudi with different Prophet

By 2024 the entire left will be so fed up with how the current administration is wrecking everything they would get 100% behind Trump at that point. I don't think Trump will run again, but whomever he endorses will probably get 150 million votes. Of course whomever the left chooses may get well over 300 million votes. You never know what will happen in these whacky elections, but rest assured only the right cheats. :)

Me

I will just write in Elizabeth Cheney in the primaries. She is the only Reagan Republican left.

Then i can walk away from the polling booth satisfied.

Me

I will just write in Elizabeth Cheney in the primaries. She is the only Reagan Republican left.

Then i can walk away from the polling booth satisfied.
Liz Cheney is DEFINITELY NOT a Reagan Republican. She is Bush Jr. Republican. She is part of the neocons who have since slimed their way into the democratic party. She is among the few remaining old GOP swamp monsters still in DC. Most have moved on and have been replaced by radical left swamp monsters.

Liz Cheney is DEFINITELY NOT a Reagan Republican. She is Bush Jr. Republican. She is part of the neocons who have since slimed their way into the democratic party. She is among the few remaining old GOP swamp monsters still in DC. Most have moved on and have been replaced by radical left swamp monsters.
I voted for Reagan twice

I think i know a Reagan Republican.

She gave a, great speech at the Reagan Library

Yup Nutty Trumpers are America's greatest threat

The room stood and applauded

An entire room of Reagan Republicans

Myself I am a Goldwater Republican

Do you know the parties history?

Back
Top Bottom