• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unbeatable GOP 2024 Ticket?

They are beatable. DeSantis is too arrogant not to say something stupid.

I want a Duckworth/Walsh ticket against them, too.
Who is Walsh?

Who is Walsh?
Marty Walsh, current Sec Labor, former Congressperson from MA and Mayor of Boston. Very, very good with organized labor. I mention him because he is out there making the rounds of union halls right now, and he speaks trades labor.

Duckworth and Walsh were both poor as children. They're both highly accomplished. And they're both solid on the economic and social issues. Neither, I imagine, would be flustered by going up against DeSantis/Noem or whatever nightmare GOP ticket the Old Confederacy states will foist on America.

Trump on the ticket would be just about the stupidest thing Republicans could do. Then again Trumpers aren't the brightest lights on the tree. DeSantis, should he win the primary, would be a strong candidate. Not sure who he would choose as a running mate.....maybe a woman, maybe Niki Haley ? I think he is smart enough to pick a popular but non Trumper type candidate. Youngkin fits.

I'm willing to vote for DeSantis, just so I can see more of this!

View attachment 67399904
Did you enjoy watching the Capital Police get the crap beat out of then by some Trump folks with a chapped arse?

We know which party supports a peaceful transfer of power, don't we? 😉

Check mate 👍

Last edited:
Trump on the ticket would be just about the stupidest thing Republicans could do. Then again Trumpers aren't the brightest lights on the tree. DeSantis, should he win the primary, would be a strong candidate. Not sure who he would choose as a running mate.....maybe a woman, maybe Niki Haley ? I think he is smart enough to pick a popular but non Trumper type candidate. Youngkin fits.
Now you know that the moment Trump is off the list and DeSantis runs the entire left will forget all about Trump and start the whole shitstorm demonization campaign against DeSantis. That's all the left is capable of, demonization, and they are damn good at it. Imagine if Obama switched sides and ran, the left would pivot so fast and the first thing they would do is ask where his birth certificate is. Then they would paint him as a racist and a misogynist. Then blame gas prices on him and accuse him of colluding with Russia. And to push it over the top they will accuse him of eating baby pandas. That is how the left works. It doesn't matter who the right runs, they will become the next "worse than Trump."

Now you know that the moment Trump is off the list and DeSantis runs the entire left will forget all about Trump and start the whole shitstorm demonization campaign against DeSantis. That's all the left is capable of, demonization, and they are damn good at it. Imagine if Obama switched sides and ran, the left would pivot so fast and the first thing they would do is ask where his birth certificate is. Then they would paint him as a racist and a misogynist. Then blame gas prices on him and accuse him of colluding with Russia. And to push it over the top they will accuse him of eating baby pandas. That is how the left works. It doesn't matter who the right runs, they will become the next "worse than Trump."
Its called politics

Actually the gas lighting is a GOP dirty trick. It's been coined the Martha Mitchell effect. Our you familiar?

Its a similar tactic being used against that young Miss Cassidy.

It occurs on both sides

My grandad would say:

Don't pretend like your shit don't stink

Get it?

I don't have to wait for that at all...I can't abide DeSantis. He is a hypocritical, control freak who lusts for power.

I think you're admitting that you kinda know Ron DeSantis is an asshole.

Now you know that the moment Trump is off the list and DeSantis runs the entire left will forget all about Trump

Hardly, Trump is the reason fascist despots in waiting like DeSantis feel that they have LICENSE.
Trump could DROP DEAD tonight and Trumpism would continue without him. It is endemic now, like a virus, a virus of the Whining Stupid who use it to throw armed tantrums when the FACTS and results of an election run contrary to the wet dream fed to them.

That's definitely trumpism without trump.

Don't think that the Democratic base won't put up a fight, though. Regardless of whether we renominate Biden or go for fresh blood, the fall of Roe has viciously reminded us of the far-right's clear and present danger.
A perspective from a swing voter, it’s Trump, the man, the individual that independents don’t like. This was shown in 2020 when independents went for Biden 54-41 over Trump, but voted Republican down ballot enabling the GOP to pick up 13 house seats, a governorship and 2 state legislatures. Independents still dislike Trump, the person. That hasn’t changed, but they’re open to voting Republican as shown in 2020.

DeSantis, a Trumper without Trump, without the obnoxious, uncouth, rude personal behavior would be formable. It was Trump’s very unpresidential behavior that lost the election for him. I’d suggest the Democrats go with a fresh, young face in 2024. Of course, swing voters have no say in who either party nominates. Personally, I like to see Tammy Duckworth receive the 2024 Democratic nomination, a military vet, spunky, much younger than the rest of the old stalwart foggies. Time for a change to a younger generation. Not some old hat, fart. Think fresh, think young, think someone new.

If Fetterman wins the Pennsylvania Senate this November, which I am sure he will. If I were a Democrat I’d counter with a Duckworth/Fetterman ticket vs. DeSantis/Youngkin.

A perspective from a swing voter, it’s Trump, the man, the individual that independents don’t like. This was shown in 2020 when independents went for Biden 54-41 over Trump, but voted Republican down ballot enabling the GOP to pick up 13 house seats, a governorship and 2 state legislatures. Independents still dislike Trump, the person. That hasn’t changed, but they’re open to voting Republican as shown in 2020.

DeSantis, a Trumper without Trump, without the obnoxious, uncouth, rude personal behavior would be formable. It was Trump’s very unpresidential behavior that lost the election for him. I’d suggest the Democrats go with a fresh, young face in 2024. Of course, swing voters have no say in who either party nominates. Personally, I like to see Tammy Duckworth receive the 2024 Democratic nomination, a military vet, spunky, much younger than the rest of the old stalwart foggies. Time for a change to a younger generation. Not some old hat, fart. Think fresh, think young, think someone new.

If Fetterman wins the Pennsylvania Senate this November, which I am sure he will. If I were a Democrat I’d counter with a Duckworth/Fetterman ticket vs. DeSantis/Youngkin.
Fetterman has to get his stroke more than a few cycles behind him.

Back
Top Bottom