• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unable to upgrade my operating system

Patriotic Voter

Smarter than trolls
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
I have no difficulty remembering my passwords for websites and waking up my completer But there is one password I totally forgot and did not write down: the computer administrator one. that identifies me as the computer administrator. I am afraid I will be locked out if I make three guesses. It

It is an iMac and and this is one more reason I miss having a Windows computer.

I have no difficulty remembering my passwords for websites and waking up my completer But there is one password I totally forgot and did not write down: the computer administrator one. that identifies me as the computer administrator. I am afraid I will be locked out if I make three guesses. It

Has this situation happened to anyone else?

Would I really be locked out of my computer if I try and fail three times to get it right?

You know I am not talking about cars so there is no reason to post that tweet here.

Do you have any experience with being locked out of your administration account on an Apple desktop computer?

You know I am not talking about cars so there is no reason to post that tweet here.

Do you have any experience with being locked out of your administration account on an Apple desktop computer?

It really isn't that hard of a fix.

FYI --- If you're running a late 2012 or earlier you won't get the Big Sur upgrade

Thank you!

My computer is less than three years old.

[provided info to help another person]
Just want to say kudos for responding to someone's plea for assistance. (y)

And I am doing that becasue I find a certain perceived behavior disgusting.

What certain perceived behavior is disgusting?

Unfortunately none of the three fix options work for me. It looks like I am out of luck.

Here's how to do that:
  1. Click the arrow icon to open the Reset Password dialog.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and its password, then click Reset Password to proceed.
  3. Enter a new administrator password, verify it, and fill in the Hint field so that you'll get a memory trigger the next time you forget.
Of course if you don't know the stuff in step 2, goto https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487

There is absolutely no reason why anyone with a MAC should ever "miss having a Windows computer".
The MAC is superior in every way. 👍

There is absolutely no reason why anyone with a MAC should ever "miss having a Windows computer".
The MAC is superior in every way. 👍
Except:
Touchscreens
Gaming
Customization

There is absolutely no reason why anyone with a MAC should ever "miss having a Windows computer." The Mac is superior in every way.

You obviously never used a Mac computer for anything related to photography. I can't do anything with my pictures except look at them. When i had Windows computers, I could do whatever I wanted with saved images.

You also must have no experience with word processing. Even though people say you can install Microsoft Office on a Mac computer, it is a big lie. No, you can't do it if your computer is less than five years old. The same is true for Adobe Photoshop.

Last edited:
Except:
Touchscreens
Gaming
Customization

I don't care about touchscreens and gaming, but customization is a HUGE thing for me. That is why I use Mozilla Firefox exclusively for the Internet, with Google Chrome only installed for backup.

Back
Top Bottom