• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Unable to upgrade my operating system

Blue Donkey

Christiain Democrat for life
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
I have no difficulty remembering my passwords for websites and waking up my completer But there is one password I totally forgot and did not write down: the computer administrator one. that identifies me as the computer administrator. I am afraid I will be locked out if I make three guesses. It

It is an iMac and and this is one more reason I miss having a Windows computer.

Mycroft

Genius is where you find it.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have no difficulty remembering my passwords for websites and waking up my completer But there is one password I totally forgot and did not write down: the computer administrator one. that identifies me as the computer administrator. I am afraid I will be locked out if I make three guesses. It

It is an iMac and and this is one more reason I miss having a Windows computer.

Blue Donkey

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Has this situation happened to anyone else?

Would I really be locked out of my computer if I try and fail three times to get it right?

Blue Donkey

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
You know I am not talking about cars so there is no reason to post that tweet here.

Do you have any experience with being locked out of your administration account on an Apple desktop computer?

ChezC3

Relentless Thinking Fury
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
You know I am not talking about cars so there is no reason to post that tweet here.

Do you have any experience with being locked out of your administration account on an Apple desktop computer?

It really isn't that hard of a fix.

FYI --- If you're running a late 2012 or earlier you won't get the Big Sur upgrade

Excon

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
[provided info to help another person]
Just want to say kudos for responding to someone's plea for assistance. (y)

And I am doing that becasue I find a certain perceived behavior disgusting.

Top Bottom