• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN: Tax meat until too expensive to eat...

I can think of an argument against it: being a free society

leftists don't believe in those, any society where individuals can make decisions independent of government oversight is a flawed society to the sub-species of human known as the liberal.

I'm of the opinion it is none of my damn business what someone else eats. I tell you what, why don't you take your soapbox and head to the closest inner city grocery store/Walmart and tell them how they should stop buying the cheap foods and buy wholesome vegan/organic food that costs twice as much? Then you can tell them how you want to raise the taxes on the cheap stuff if they don't buy it.

I don't make a lot of money. I'm putting someone through school. I have 2 dogs. I can afford that because I bust my ass working a job I hate. I'm trying to build a nice happy life for myself and my girlfriend (and every day closer fiancé and wife). You want me to cut into my margins to pay extra for food I don't need? Especially given that we as humans have existed so long as meat eaters that we have evolved to eat cooked meat. Our teeth. Our digestive system (you know not having the multiple stomachs), not having regurgitate our food, etc ad Nauseam.

As usual: veganism is just another social justice warrior bull spit movement and this time it ignores evolution...which is ironic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy, I'm not a vegan or a vegetarian - never have been. Perhaps you should stop making assumptions.

Now, answer the question - do you think that other people becoming obese is costing you money? You just said that you don't make a lot of money, so this question should be important to you. And yes, I do know how you feel - and you probably make quite a bit more money than most of my family.

If people are willing to pay a hundred bucks for a sirloin steak at one of my restaurants,I'm have no problem with that.
If not then screw what the U.N. has to say.

If people are willing to pay a hundred bucks for a sirloin steak at one of my restaurants,I'm have no problem with that.
If not then screw what the U.N. has to say.

For a hundred bucks it had better be from a restaurant with Michelin stars. I would be ready to fight if the left manages to make an Outback steak cost $100 .

Back
Top Bottom