• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN Sounds Alarm on Widespread Designer Drug Use.....

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
The U.N. drug control agency on Wednesday sounded the alarm on the spread of designer drugs, which are sold openly and produce legal but sometimes deadly highs, while reporting that global drug use generally remains stable.

a8844e765f7fdb15350f6a706700a483.jpg

Such substances "can be far more dangerous than traditional drugs," the agency said in a statement accompanying its annual report. "Street names, such as 'spice,' 'meow-meow' and 'bath salts' mislead young people into believing that they are indulging in low-risk fun."

A six-page summary of the report by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime warned that "the international drug control system is foundering, for the first time, under the speed and creativity" of their proliferation.

It said countries worldwide reported 251 such substances by mid-2012, compared with 166 at the end of 2009. The problem, said the report, is "hydra-headed" in that as fast as governments ban the drugs, manufacturers produce new variants.

Nearly 5 percent of European Union residents aged between 15 and 24 have already experimented with such drugs, said the report.

In the United States, 158 kinds of synthetic drugs were circulating during 2012, more than twice as many as in the EU, and use was growing in East and Southeast Asia, including China, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.....snip~

UN sounds alarm on widespread designer drug use

It would appear that due to time and new drugs out there. The drug market is changing. More and more are producing legal drugs. Which Could be even more harmful to ones health. With the link comes a report on Heroin use and Cocaine use In Europe and the US.

So while we continue the war on drugs that are of the traditional sense. The Market is changing over. It would appear the UN will lead that War on The Synthetics. Thoughts?

To facilitate a proper answer, I'll have to try these drugs out. Where can I get them? Inquiring minds....

I tried SALVIA DIVINORUM a few years back. Definitely not something you would do twice. Hard to explain but sort of the world broke up into pieces and it wasn't funny.

QUOTE=MMC;1061976464]The U.N. drug control agency on Wednesday sounded the alarm on the spread of designer drugs, which are sold openly and produce legal but sometimes deadly highs, while reporting that global drug use generally remains stable.

Such substances "can be far more dangerous than traditional drugs," the agency said in a statement accompanying its annual report. "Street names, such as 'spice,' 'meow-meow' and 'bath salts' mislead young people into believing that they are indulging in low-risk fun."

A six-page summary of the report by the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime warned that "the international drug control system is foundering, for the first time, under the speed and creativity" of their proliferation.

It said countries worldwide reported 251 such substances by mid-2012, compared with 166 at the end of 2009. The problem, said the report, is "hydra-headed" in that as fast as governments ban the drugs, manufacturers produce new variants.

Nearly 5 percent of European Union residents aged between 15 and 24 have already experimented with such drugs, said the report.

In the United States, 158 kinds of synthetic drugs were circulating during 2012, more than twice as many as in the EU, and use was growing in East and Southeast Asia, including China, Indonesia, Japan, the Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.....snip~

It would appear that due to time and new drugs out there. The drug market is changing. More and more are producing legal drugs. Which Could be even more harmful to ones health. With the link comes a report on Heroin use and Cocaine use In Europe and the US.

So while we continue the war on drugs that are of the traditional sense. The Market is changing over. It would appear the UN will lead that War on The Synthetics. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

To facilitate a proper answer, I'll have to try these drugs out. Where can I get them? Inquiring minds....

I tried SALVIA DIVINORUM a few years back. Definitely not something you would do twice. Hard to explain but sort of the world broke up into pieces and it wasn't funny.

QUOTE=MMC;1061976464]The U.N. drug control agency on Wednesday sounded the alarm on the spread of designer drugs, which are sold openly and produce legal but sometimes deadly highs, while reporting that global drug use generally remains stable.

So while we continue the war on drugs that are of the traditional sense. The Market is changing over. It would appear the UN will lead that War on The Synthetics. Thoughts?
[/QUOTE]

Well I have heard of Spice and Bath Salts.....which around here the bath salts were messing people up. I think they passed legislation banning them for sale. Not real sure on that though. Myself I have never heard of Meow Meow, slang for some Synthetic Drug.

Heroin and Opium use still stayed pretty much the same. But Cocaine has fallen majorly. I think affording it might have a play on that.

Cocaine is the single stupidest drug out there. I'm amazed anyone even buys it anymore.

Never heard of Meow Meow but I'd buy it for the name alone. The cats and I can get high together :)

I have heard of bath salts. Yeccch.

Well I have heard of Spice and Bath Salts.....which around here the bath salts were messing people up. I think they passed legislation banning them for sale. Not real sure on that though. Myself I have never heard of Meow Meow, slang for some Synthetic Drug.

Heroin and Opium use still stayed pretty much the same. But Cocaine has fallen majorly. I think affording it might have a play on that.[/QUOTE]

Heroin and Opium use still stayed pretty much the same. But Cocaine has fallen majorly. I think affording it might have a play on that.[/QUOTE]

"Meow meow" is a synthetic form of the active ingredient in khat, whose chemical name stsrts with cat.

Salvia, a form of sage, can really mess you up from what I hear. For a while there, they were talking about banning the sale of the common form most people plant in their garden for it's flowers.

I suppose one could take just about any garden herb, dry it and smoke it. I'm not sure I'd want to see the results though!

Now, for the cats, get yourself something called Nepeta, Walkers Low is a pretty type. And the cats just LOVE it..... :wink:
NepetaWalkersLowPPA12.jpg

This is just another example of why recreational drug prohibition is counterproductive.

detail_ifyoudonttalktoyourcatsaboutcatnipwhowillcheezburgercom_2012-02-11-22-36-57.jpg

Like, wow dude. Meow. Meow.

not as many people would use fake pot if real pot was legal. more drug war fail.

Heroin and Opium use still stayed pretty much the same. But Cocaine has fallen majorly. I think affording it might have a play on that.

"Meow meow" is a synthetic form of the active ingredient in khat, whose chemical name stsrts with cat.[/QUOTE]

Heya WI. :2wave: Thanks for that info. Appreciate it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom