• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN report on Syria has been released

Well I don't think it's been a question of "IF" chemical weapons were used, only who used them. To that degree is where all the other countries have different versions.

The UN team was specifically NOT charged with assigning blame.

So they were at the rocket blast site. Would not the angle of how the blast occurred hint direction of the rocket? Unless it hit the ground at a perfect 90 degree angle the blast should expand at the other direction more compared to the one from which it came from.

So your conclusion, then, is that we should trust President Obama when he says something, even if we don't have evidence.

My conclusion is that Obama is more credible than Putin and the Iranian regime.

I'll repeat:

Saddam faked a WMD program.

Do you believe that Assad faked the chem use?

And I'll repeat:

Saddam faked a WMD program however, the intelligence was WRONG. Therefore, the intelligence could be WRONG on WHO did the chemical attack.

Do you belive that our intelligence cannot be wrong?

So they were at the rocket blast site. Would not the angle of how the blast occurred hint direction of the rocket? Unless it hit the ground at a perfect 90 degree angle the blast should expand at the other direction more compared to the one from which it came from.

Thirty minutes before the first reports of chems impacting, several launches (matching the number of chem impacts) were detected in various areas of Assad controlled territory.

Thirty minutes before the first reports of chems impacting, several launches were detected in various areas of Assad controlled territory.

Now for the image where the devilish Assad senior officials states name, surname, rank, and laughs while pressing the rocket launching button! But perhaps even then it would not do!

And I'll repeat:

Saddam faked a WMD program however, the intelligence was WRONG. Therefore, the intelligence could be WRONG on WHO did the chemical attack.

Do you belive that our intelligence cannot be wrong?

Obviously intel can be wrong. Do you believe that Assad faked the chem use, or are you just throwing Saddam out there for no coherent reason?

Ah, so if you have to choose a side, you would side with Obama. Why do you feel forced to choose a side?

I don't feel forced to choose a side. I examine all of the claims, consider credibility and then decide who I think was responsible.

Are you being forced to choose sides?

I don't feel forced to choose a side. I examine all of the claims, consider credibility and then decide who I think was responsible.

Are you being forced to choose sides?

Nobody is, but I don't see how you could "examine" the claims, when there is nothing to examine, considering that all that there is are the claims themselves, and no evidence on which they are based.

Thirty minutes before the first reports of chems impacting, several launches (matching the number of chem impacts) were detected in various areas of Assad controlled territory.

According to U.S. intelligence that noone is allowed to see. Again, more of "Trust us, it's him". You want to trust that, that's you.

Obviously intel can be wrong. Do you believe that Assad faked the chem use, or are you just throwing Saddam out there for no coherent reason?

Where did I say he FAKED a chem attack, that was YOUR strawman. I threw Saddam in there because intelligence was WRONG. I am simply stating that the intelligence that Assad's regime did the chemical attack could be wrong. Quick making up **** that you THINK I'm saying and stick to what I actually said please.

Now for the image where the devilish Assad senior officials states name, surname, rank, and laughs while pressing the rocket launching button! But perhaps even then it would not do!

Several unlikely bedfellows have converged, in a swarm of conspiracy theory, to demonize Obama. No matter what evidence is produced, we will be hearing "Obama lied" for at least the next decade. Here are some of the loonies that are and will engage in such:

1. Obama haters. These consist of: extreme conservatives, racists and fringe partisan hacks.
2. Fundie Muzzies. These consist of radical mosque heads, generally paranoid cultists and others who believe that the ME should remain in the dark ages because that's what God wants.
3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.

Some of those will stop the nonsense once the evidence is made clear, some will never believe anything that contradicts their psychotic narrative.

And you chose the US government to believe? That seems a bit stupid, imho.

Where did I say he FAKED a chem attack, that was YOUR strawman. I threw Saddam in there because intelligence was WRONG. I am simply stating that the intelligence that Assad's regime did the chemical attack could be wrong. Quick making up **** that you THINK I'm saying and stick to what I actually said please.

The intel was wrong about Saddam for a very good reason. Do you see any such reason playing a role in the current event? No, you don't. Thus, your comparison is BS founded in emotional hysterics.

Several unlikely bedfellows have converged, in a swarm of conspiracy theory, to demonize Obama. No matter what evidence is produced, we will be hearing "Obama lied" for at least the next decade. Here are some of the loonies that are and will engage in such:

1. Obama haters. These consist of: extreme conservatives, racists and fringe partisan hacks.
2. Fundie Muzzies. These consist of radical mosque heads, generally paranoid cultists and others who believe that the ME should remain in the dark ages because that's what God wants.
3. Extreme non-interventionists. These consist of ignorant hippies, greedy capitalists and others who would rather people suffer chemical genocide than we spend US dollars.

Some of those will stop the nonsense once the evidence is made clear, some will never believe anything that contradicts their psychotic narrative.

Or there are people who are leary about believeing so called "intelligence" to get us into another decade long war. And as far as "caring" about those 1400 people (which is probably less) that were gassed, where was your support for war when the 100,000 had died before this?

Yes, because the US military is supposed to be used to save the citizens of other countries from their government. :roll:

The intel was wrong about Saddam for a very good reason. Do you see any such reason playing a role in the current event? No, you don't. Thus, your comparison is BS founded in emotional hysterics.

Yes, I do. I see a lot of people wanting regime change in Syria and that is the key motivator. As far as your person insults are going, if that is what you have to resort to when your viewpoint is questioned, you have already lost.

Or there are people who are leary about believeing so called "intelligence" to get us into another decade long war. And as far as "caring" about those 1400 people (which is probably less) that were gassed, where was your support for war when the 100,000 had died before this?

I've supported military intervention in Syria since the beginning.

Ah yes, intelligence was wrong about Saddam...Even though at the time shipments were noted moving across the border to Syria while we appeased liberals and waited for the UN, and three votes in Congress for authorization....

Meanwhile back to today folks....

Syria has moved 20 trucks worth of equipment and material used for the manufacturing of chemical weapons into neighboring Iraq.

JPost | Online News from Israel, Middle East & Jewish World, the Lebanese daily Al-Mustaqbal reported on Sunday.

And it starts again....before long we will hear the same argument, all we have to do is copy/paste, and change "Iraq" to "Syria"......:lamo

More like it was wrong for an embarrassing stupid reason. They used intel that was obvious to anyone paying attention was bull**** and reported as such at the time.

Back
Top Bottom