• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Un Occupy groups poping up all over

RLF

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Un Occupy counter movement is here and growing all across California and America. Many are angry say the 99% do NOT speak for them. Concern is mounting due to Occupy Oakland calling for a total West Coast Port shutdown on Dec 12th.

Last edited:
Indeed, I'm sure that many of the 1% are angry over this and say that the 99% don't represent them. Wouldn't be surprising if they invested in ad hominem smear campaigns focusing on the Occupy movement's disagreeable tactics to distract from their inchoate message.

Unoccupy movement...

So... people just stay in their houses and watch TV and surf the net?

My kinda movement!!!!

Indeed, I'm sure that many of the 1% are angry over this and say that the 99% don't represent them. Wouldn't be surprising if they invested in ad hominem smear campaigns focusing on the Occupy movement's disagreeable tactics to distract from their inchoate message.

I've supported OWS. Doing things that disrupt the ability of those who work for a living is totally asinine. It's getting harder and harder to see anything positive out of them.

Won't be civil war, though it might lead to some riots. NOW I feel bad for the cities that these movements are in. NOW they have cause to start using the riot cops, the pepper spray, and bulldozers. Now we have barrels of gun powder on one side, and a bunch of people with torches on the other.

Yep...it looks like it's time for OWS to stir things up. Get the Police to bust a few of their heads.

They are beginning to fade.

Yep...it looks like it's time for OWS to stir things up. Get the Police to bust a few of their heads.

They are beginning to fade.

As much as you would like to be right, you are wrong :).

I've supported OWS. Doing things that disrupt the ability of those who work for a living is totally asinine. It's getting harder and harder to see anything positive out of them.

This is kind of where I stand. I can't say I've been too supportive of the OWS in action, because I feel their tactics are useless and counterproductive. I support the idea behind OWS and I support their right to peacefully assemble up to the point at which their assembly inhibits the activities of non-protesters. Denying workers access to their jobs, encouraging boycotts that would punish workers more than businesses, harassing workers who are very obviously NOT 1% income earners, etc. are all bad, bad news and piss poor actions that cause more economic harm to the "little guy" than anything else.

These guys have the same right to protest as OWS, but they seem just as silly to me. I went through some of their posts and a video or two. They don't even seem to be clear on why they want to protest. However, until they engage in non-violent criminal behavior ... excuse me, civil disobedience ... they aren't doing any harm and I say let them be.

Also, these guys are small in number and don't seem too confrontational (from what I saw). I don't see some drastic clash on the horizon. I could be wrong, though.

This is kind of where I stand. I can't say I've been too supportive of the OWS in action, because I feel their tactics are useless and counterproductive. I support the idea behind OWS and I support their right to peacefully assemble up to the point at which their assembly inhibits the activities of non-protesters. Denying workers access to their jobs, encouraging boycotts that would punish workers more than businesses, harassing workers who are very obviously NOT 1% income earners, etc. are all bad, bad news and piss poor actions that cause more economic harm to the "little guy" than anything else.

I agree. I support the IDEA, or at least, ONE of the ideas, lol...but the methods...could not be any more bassackwards if they TRIED, lol. The thing is, there is no leadership...it's all done by group consensus....and a direct democracy is 2 wolves and a sheep taking a vote on what to have for dinner. That is a huge mistake, on their part. Another huge mistake is to not try harder to control their message. They claim, or at the last few "leaders" I spoke to in NY, claimed they didn't want to do that, because they wanted it to appeal to the maximum number of people. But you can't make everyone happy all the time, only SOME happy, SOME of the time. Trying just results in a huge giant fail...as indicated before our very eyes.

These guys have the same right to protest as OWS, but they seem just as silly to me. I went through some of their posts and a video or two. They don't even seem to be clear on why they want to protest. However, until they engage in non-violent criminal behavior ... excuse me, civil disobedience ... they aren't doing any harm and I say let them be.

Also, these guys are small in number and don't seem too confrontational (from what I saw). I don't see some drastic clash on the horizon. I could be wrong, though.

I think it's going to be trouble. Even without anti protesters, there have been clashes with the cops. Imagine how strained it's going to be when you stare across the way at people who are denouncing you, your message, and your actions? How long can people deal with stress, before at least ONE person lashes out?

And it'll only take one. There are no leaders in the OWS, really, just groups ruled by consensus. That's one VERY small step away from being just a mob, as we have seen multiple times now.

Probably end up like most right wing gatherings. Like where tens of thousands of anti-war protesters would saturate a city prior to entering the Iraq war and they got less press than the three people across the street protesting the protesters.

The Un Occupy counter movement is here and growing all across California and America. Many are angry say the 99% do NOT speak for them. Concern is mounting due to Occupy Oakland calling for a total West Coast Port shutdown on Dec 12th.

Your links go to two facebook pages. That says quite a lot about this "movement" you're talking about. Do you have anything substantial?

I think that you are mistaken, ows is more of a "call to arms' for the youth and long-out-of-work and cast away of American society. Not too long ago I was in the same boat as them, I stacked the deck against myself and with the lenient credit policies of the early 2000's and the very lenient student loans I managed to rack up quite a sum of debt in the course of 3 years. Going back to the student loans...that chicken has still not came home to roost yet but will soon. While I am managing to get myself back on track, many of these others simply cannot. They have a Constitutionally given right to make their voices heard any legal way they can. We still have some freedoms in this country but like it or not we are all slaves to the system. The ows movement believe that and I do too. I personnally believe the tea party and the ows have a lot of common ideas, the generational gap is where there differences lie.

Back
Top Bottom