• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake [W:44]

Re: UN Human Rights Council says Syria gas attack videos, photos fake

is that really your eye? if it is, I can refer you to a good ophthalmologist ...

I didn't know press.tv has such a bad reputation.
Anyway, it was picked up and posted by eutimes, which is not a unreliable source. That's why I posted it.

I won't post any news that comes from press.tv anymore if you guys say it's a bad news site. Thanks for letting me know, cheers. :)

It ONLY has a bad reputation amongst partisan Americans.

I know eutimes used press.tv as a source, that's why I put both there to show both the article which I quoted the text from and it's source. But ofc, if the source is unreliable, then the article they took is unrealiable.

I honestly never heard of presstv till now. It's not the site i usually go for news...

the link to the eutimes article came from reddit. thought i post it and it's source.

Like Hillary Clinton, the EUTimes considers PTV as reputable as the next.

Last edited:

It ONLY has a bad reputation amongst partisan Americans.

presstv or eutimes?

Like Hillary Clinton, the EUTimes considers rt as reputable as the next.

Do you know what the eutimes is, have you read this thread?

I'm not so sure ... but whoever wins, I don't think we'll like them ... the other possibility is if Assad is removed is a divided Syria, so trying to get those chemical weapons secured as soon as possible is a must ... the best hope we have of doing that is while Assad is in power ... it'll be much harder to do under a divided Syria ...

The Iranian regime's propaganda arm only has a bad reputation with partisan Americans?

The Iranian regime's propaganda arm only has a bad reputation with partisan Americans?

Well, like I said, not all. Hillary Clinton doesn't.

l wish serbians attacked muslims with chemical gases

so teh west would be able to save the muslims earlier

you can rape them but no chemical

I don't recall saying that they did. But NPR and PBS they do and no one puts them in the category that your putting RT.

Well, to help make your analogy somewhere in the realm of reality, we can compare PBS and RT. PBS doest mostly children's, artsy fartsy stuff and opinion shows, RT is a full-time propaganda machine.

Well, like I said, not all. Hillary Clinton doesn't.

You're claiming H. Clinton endorsed PressTV?

True, we shouldn't get mired in it. But we shouldn't accuse president Assad of something that has not been substantiated.
I didn't. I simply mentioned the casualties - I'm not certain which side in this thing caused them.

l wish serbians attacked muslims with chemical gases

so teh west would be able to save the muslims earlier

You agree that the West should intervene in the slaughter?

I didn't. I simply mentioned the casualties - I'm not certain which side in this thing caused them.

UN evidence of massacres with definite blame puts Assad at ~7:1, let's say 60k civilians killed, do the math.

Everything on RT should be taken with a grain of salt. It's unrelenting pro-Russian propaganda.

The irony is Times Warner recently stopped airing Al Jeezera (a generally reliable and professional news service) and replaced it with RT, which is not only totally unreliable and unprofessional, but virulently anti-American. I guess Russians are superior to Arabs in the xenophobic hierarchy

Well, to help make your analogy somewhere in the realm of reality, we can compare PBS and RT. PBS doest mostly children's, artsy fartsy stuff and opinion shows, RT is a full-time propaganda machine.

No RT is news, just news you don't like because sometimes it conflicts with your meme.

Do you know what the eutimes is, have you read this thread?

Dear Eco,

You're right about this thread.

But it does not mean that just because a TV is russian or iranian, all its news are crap.
Every time there is a source by them, you come up with "ohhh XXX TV, no words" (smth like that)
You're in all your right to rate the news and blame it if it deserve, but do not prejudge the news just because of the name of the source or TV.

However, RT for example does not always propaganda. Of course they tend many times to use their sources for propaganda.
But there are many good journalists who work with professionalism as well.

And, regarding the Syria, I do not believe my self the photos and videos were fake, but I do not believe as hell, either that chemical weapons were used by govern.
Until now, not RT, nor CNN provided us a truth about Syria.

Well I said we (meaning the collective here that is) not you.

No RT is news, just news you don't like because sometimes it conflicts with your meme.

No, RT is almost childish in its unprofessionalism. Nothing it reports on should be accepted, and concluding the opposite will probably get one closer to the truth.

But it does not mean that just because a TV is russian or iranian, all its news are crap.

RT is rarely somewhat realistic. PressTV is crap.

You're claiming H. Clinton endorsed PressTV?

And RT and CCTV etc.

No, RT is almost childish in its unprofessionalism. Nothing it reports on should be accepted, and concluding the opposite will probably get one closer to the truth.

Your in conflict with one of your gurus on that. Btw, when I travel Europe and other parts of the world PTV and RT are in the line up with all the other MSM's on the hotel tv's.

Back
Top Bottom