• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

UN Downgrades Man's Impact on the Climate

Gill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
In a report to be released in February, the UN in it's IPCC report will drastically reduce the estimates of man's impact on the climate. In it's new report, the UN will state that man effect on the climate is only 25%.

It will also reduce it's prediction of temperature rise in this century down to 1.5 degrees C.

Anticipated sea level rise will be cut in half from earlier predictions... from 34 inches to 17 inches.

This is the beginning of a pullback from earlier outrageous claims of manmade climate disaster by the UN and its sycophants, the warmaholics.

I predict there will be a steady release of these climate disaster downgrades until this whole manufactured crisis is forgotten in a few years.

Telegraph | News | UN downgrades man's impact on the climate

In a report to be released in February, the UN in it's IPCC report will drastically reduce the estimates of man's impact on the climate. In it's new report, the UN will state that man effect on the climate is only 25%.

It will also reduce it's prediction of temperature rise in this century down to 1.5 degrees C.

Anticipated sea level rise will be cut in half from earlier predictions... from 34 inches to 17 inches.

This is the beginning of a pullback from earlier outrageous claims of manmade climate disaster by the UN and its sycophants, the warmaholics.

I predict there will be a steady release of these climate disaster downgrades until this whole manufactured crisis is forgotten in a few years.

This is your most intellecutualy dishonest post ever. From the article you quoted:

In a final draft of its fourth assessment report, to be published in February, the panel reports that the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere has accelerated in the past five years. It also predicts that temperatures will rise by up to 4.5 C during the next 100 years, bringing more frequent heat waves and storms.

It goes on to say:

It warns that carbon dioxide emissions have risen during the past five years by three per cent, well above the 0.4 per cent a year average of the previous two decades. The authors also state that the climate is almost certain to warm by at least 1.5 C during the next 100 years.

So they are predicting a rise in temps of between 1.5 C to 4.5 C, not just 1.5 C as you are asserting.

You are also missrepresenting the 25% number.

It also says that the overall human effect on global warming since the industrial revolution is less than had been thought, due to the unexpected levels of cooling caused by aerosol sprays, which reflect heat from the sun.

Global Dimming.

Large amounts of heat have been absorbed by the oceans, masking the warming effect.
Prof Rick Battarbee, the director of the Environmental Change Research Centre at University College London, warned these masking effects had helped to delay global warming but would lead to larger changes in the future.
He said: "The oceans have been acting like giant storage heaters by trapping heat and carbon dioxide. They might be bit of a time-bomb as they have been masking the real effects of the carbon dioxide we have been releasing into the atmosphere.

No downgrade, just improved projections. Imagine that, science getting more precise with each new study...:roll:

Please, if someone is going to argue against global warming don't use the UN as a source. It damages your credibility.

Its like quoting a retarded kid about the science of black holes.

This is your most intellecutualy dishonest post ever. From the article you quoted:

Dishonest?? That's a strange accusation coming from you based on your past posts.

Everything I claimed is in the article and you can't deny that. I predict a continued backing away from the gloom and doom prophesies of the warmaholics. The chinks in the mortar are breaking away.

You are also missrepresenting the 25% number.
Care to explain??

Global Dimming.
Who cares what the cause is?? The UN's earlier predictions are being proven wildly wrong.

Please, if someone is going to argue against global warming don't use the UN as a source. It damages your credibility.

Its like quoting a retarded kid about the science of black holes.

Well, I have to agree with you, but the warmaholics on this board think the UN is infallible so it's nice to throw the UN's words back into their faces.

Dishonest?? That's a strange accusation coming from you based on your past posts.

Everything I claimed is in the article and you can't deny that. I predict a continued backing away from the gloom and doom prophesies of the warmaholics. The chinks in the mortar are breaking away.

Care to explain??

Who cares what the cause is?? The UN's earlier predictions are being proven wildly wrong.

The IPCC had broader predictions in their last assessments. In the 2001 assessment, predicted warming was between 1 degree and 8 degrees. As the science has matured, the warming predictions are being refined. Thus, warming is now going to be predicted at 1.5 to 4.5 degrees over the next century. Even at that range, you are talking about catastrophic changes in climate. Moreover, the same was true with sea level rise. In 2001, the range was greater, today it is more refined because the science has matured.

I did explain the 25% number. It has been known for quite some time that Global Dimming due to aresols and particulate polution, mitigated anthropogenic effects from the 50s through the early 90s.

Otherwise, there is nothing really new in this report. It is simply representative of the more refined predictions over the lats 5 years, and current scientific concensus today verses 5 years ago. This is how science works, you first start off with a broad range, and as more studies are conducted, your predictions refine and narrow.

Well, I have to agree with you, but the warmaholics on this board think the UN is infallible so it's nice to throw the UN's words back into their faces.

Like I said in another post, if we drove cars with by burning water ( steam power), they'd claim we were creating more thunderstorms by releasing too much water vapor in the air....

Like I said in another post, if we drove cars with by burning water ( steam power), they'd claim we were creating more thunderstorms by releasing too much water vapor in the air....

Yep...

If it's hot, it's GW
If it's cold, it's GW
If it's dry, it's GW
If it's raining, it's GW
If hurricanes are more prevalent ONE year, it's GW
If hurricanes are NOT more prevalent one year, it's GW
If it snows, it's GW
If it doesn't snow, it's GW
Thunderstorms... GW
Tornados... GW
Earthquakes....GW
Tsunami....GW

The way these fanatics have arranged the debate, no matter what happens, they simply say... "See, we told you so... the United States and George Bush caused this by creating global warming."

The way these fanatics have arranged the debate, no matter what happens, they simply say... "See, we told you so... the United States and George Bush caused this by creating global warming."

For a guy who has problems stringing his sentences together, GWB is such a mastermind of evil in this world that none of us, except a few on the left are smart enough to figure out his mad genius plan. :roll:

Then again maybe he wants there to be global warming because he hates black people.

For a guy who has problems stringing his sentences together, GWB is such a mastermind of evil in this world that none of us, except a few on the left are smart enough to figure out his mad genius plan. :roll:

Then again maybe he wants there to be global warming because he hates black people.

Yep, according to those geniuses, he's a total idiot. Of course many of them like Al Gore, flunked out of school or were kicked out like Kennedy. On one hand, he's a moron, and the next he's capable of pulling off 9/11 by destroying the WTC and keeping everyone quiet about it. These same guys claim he lied about the reasons to go into Iraq, but don't realize they went along with it and believed every word.

And don't forget he destroyed New Orleans because he hates black people.

You're probably more right than you'll realize in your (or my) lifetime.:)

Back
Top Bottom