• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainine son talks to his Russian father, who does not believe that there is a war action in the Ukraine.

RAMOSS

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
This is an interview with a person who is in Ukraine when he was talking with his father in Russia. The media in Russia is giving misinformation about what is happening in the Ukraine, and the father did not believe the son when the son talked about the invasion and the bombing. To me, this shows the importance of an independent free press that is not controlled by the state. I also believe that the news conglomerates are too big, and have gotten too much into giving opinion rather than the straight reporting of events. There are basically 6 companies that provide the news for the US.

Here is the interview from the person who could not convince his father about the Ukrainian war

And, here is an old article from 2012 that showed 90% of news information in the USA is controlled by just 6 companies

In my opinion, we have to get back to the 1983 levels where 90% of the media was controlled by 50 companies, rather than just 6. If nothing else, this shows how controlling the media can control people's opinion through use of misinformation. It also goes back to Mark Twains observation that it is far easier to fool people than it is to convince people that that have been fooled.

Back
Top Bottom