• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian President Zelensky flees to Poland

Torus34

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
The headline: Ukrainian President Zelensky flees to Poland

The link: Ukrainian President Zelensky flees to Poland Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/150580-zelensky_flees/

The lede: " President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has left Ukraine and evacuated to Poland, Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of the State Duma (the russian [sic] Parliament) announced on his Telegram channel."

The Comment: This armchair observer is unsure as to how long it will take for any of the major US news outlets to confirm this report. It may be that fake news is not limited to the United States of America. There are other articles and opinion pieces available at the same site.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n remember the Big 5.

So that's the cue for the rest of them to fold, and Putin's war will be over in weeks.

On to China-Taiwan.

The link: Ukrainian President Zelensky flees to Poland Читайте больше на https://english.pravda.ru/news/world/150580-zelensky_flees/

The lede: " President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has left Ukraine and evacuated to Poland, Vyacheslav Volodin, the speaker of the State Duma (the russian [sic] Parliament) announced on his Telegram channel."

The Comment: This armchair observer is unsure as to how long it will take for any of the major US news outlets to confirm this report. It may be that fake news is not limited to the United States of America. There are other articles and opinion pieces available at the same site.

We shouldn't joke about this. The Russian People seem to be truly & thoroughly brain-washed concerning the 'conflict'. CNN has had Ukrainians recounting their stories of phone calls to their families in Russian, and it's shocking just how thoroughly the Russians are brainwashed.

So that's the cue for the rest of them to fold, and Putin's war will be over in weeks.

On to China-Taiwan.

This is your take-away from the OP?

(I must admit, posting it in the BN sub-forum may have been a bit of a nebulous decision)

I'm confused, are you rooting for this? or predicting this? either way, you're wrong.

It's pretty clear that the Russians are going to take Ukraine. They've almost grabbed the whole seacoast, and have the main cities surrounded.

As for China-Taiwan, I'm not wrong in recognizing that this is going to be the next main military event, as quid pro quo for Russia-Ukraine.

On to China-Taiwan.
We know you are rooting for Putin. You didn't need to tell us again.

Everyone: notice how the TRUMPIST immediately believed the Russian "politician". Notice how he wants it to happen. Do you really think that's just because he wants to attack Biden?

Sanman loves every minute of this. They all do. Disgusting.

We shouldn't joke about this. The Russian People seem to be truly & thoroughly brain-washed concerning the 'conflict'. CNN has had Ukrainians recounting their stories of phone calls to their families in Russian, and it's shocking just how thoroughly the Russians are brainwashed.

Hi, Chomsky!

There's a not all that tenuous similarity between Pravda's article and statements from the American White house, not too long ago, about the 'true' winner of a presidential election. Curiously, a not inconsequential percent of the American public believed those reports, too.

H. sapeins, like it or not, are h. sapiens regardless of the language they speak or the area in which they reside.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. [Ed.: And don't believe everything you read in the papers, Mr. Will Rogers to the contrary. ;-)]

It's pretty clear that the Russians are going to take Ukraine. They've almost grabbed the whole seacoast, and have the main cities surrounded.
It's actually not clear at all. And even if that were true, it's one thing to take, and another to hold. They'll have a full-blown insurgency on their hands even if they get some sort of conventional victory. The Russians would be incredibly stupid to think they'd be able to install some sort of puppet government with any sort of actual power, control, or legitimacy. For now, seems like the Javelins, NLAWs, and Stingers are doing work.

As for China-Taiwan, I'm not wrong in recognizing that this is going to be the next main military event, as quid pro quo for Russia-Ukraine.
How the **** do you know you're "not wrong" about something that hasn't even happened lmao, and what the hell "quid pro quo" are you talking about? Ukraine is not a present from Xi to Putin lol

I will await for a news organization that is not a Russian propaganda organ to release the story, thank you.

Russian propaganda. Are you a Russian troll?

Hi, Chomsky!

There's a not all that tenuous similarity between Pravda's article and statements from the American White house, not too long ago, about the 'true' winner of a presidential election. Curiously, a not inconsequential percent of the American public believed those reports, too.

Oh, absolutely! I think of the parallels constantly, and wonder if this may in fact lead to some backlash against Trump's & the GOP's use of these techniques.

H. sapeins, like it or not, are h. sapiens regardless of the language they speak or the area in which they reside.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. [Ed.: And don't believe everything you read in the papers, Mr. Will Rogers to the contrary. ;-)]

"I am not a member of an organized political party. I sir, am a Democrat!"

Have a good one, Torius34! 🍻

Hi, Chomsky!

Yeh, the term fake news came from Russia

Oh, absolutely! I think of the parallels constantly, and wonder if this may in fact lead to some backlash against Trump's & the GOP's use of these techniques.

"I am not a member of an organized political party. I sir, am a Democrat!"

Have a good one, Torius34! 🍻

Hi!

Thanks for the Will Rogers quote! It provided a much-needed chuckle.

Sincere regards.

It may be that fake news is not limited to the United States of America.
Do you want people to think that you legitimately do not know if this is true?

Another one bites the dust.

It wasn’t true on the 26th Feb, color me skeptical today.

Do you want people to think that you legitimately do not know if this is true?

Hi, lwf!

My desire, in taking time to post the OP, was for people to broaden their range of knowledge of what passes for information on the 'net. From what I can gather from the posts of others, a surprising number of my fellow Americans believe some rather strange things. Part of that might be due to some folks living within an information 'bubble'.

To be honest, I was also hoping that some would catch the date. At least one person read carefully enough to do so.

Regards, stay safe 'n well . . . 'n well-informed.

is you read Russian Pravda you need medical help , its for sure . Its like The Vatniks´onion

Back
Top Bottom