• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Fighters Grease Bullets Against Chechens with Pig Fat

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.
I've never heard of any of them dipping their bullets in pig fat.

Ukrainian fighters grease bullets against Chechens with pig fat
A video shared by National Guard of Ukraine shows Azov fighters dipping bullets to be used against Muslim Chechen fighters in pig fat.
The National Guard of Ukraine has shared a video on its Twitter account that appears to show Azov fighters greasing bullets with pig fat, ostensibly to be used against against Muslim Chechens deployed to their country as Russia steps up its military assault on Ukraine.
Azov, a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit, are ultra-nationalists who are accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology. They first fought alongside the Ukrainian army in the east of the country in 2014 against pro-Russia separatists and have since been incorporated into the regular armed forces.

This is a weird ritual

Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment? Here is what you should know​

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members, estimated at 900, are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.
Scroll below for images

245034-0001hj4ci.jpg

Historical backdrop​

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members, estimated at 900, are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.
The unit was initially formed as a volunteer group in May 2014 out of the ultra-nationalist Patriot of Ukraine gang, and the neo-Nazi Social national assembly (SNA) group. Both groups engaged in xenophobic and neo-Nazi ideals and physically assaulted migrants, the Roma community and people opposing their views.
As a battalion, the group fought on the front lines against pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk, the eastern region of Ukraine. Just before launching the invasion, Putin recognised the independence of two rebel-held regions from Donbas.
A few months after recapturing the strategic port city of Mariupol from the Russian-backed separatists, the unit was officially integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine on November 12, 2014, and exacted high praise from then-President Petro Poroshenko.
“These are our best warriors,” he said at an awards ceremony in 2014. “Our best volunteers.”

(Photograph:AFP)
245036-000h5299.jpg

Who founded Azov?​

The unit was led by Andriy Biletsky, who served as the the leader of both the Patriot of Ukraine and the SNA. The SNA is known to have carried out attacks on minority groups in Ukraine.
In 2010, Biletsky said Ukraine’s national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen (inferior races)”.
Biletsky was elected to parliament in 2014. He left Azov as elected officials cannot be in the military or police force. He remained an MP until 2019.

245038-0001em43q.jpg

Fundings​

The unit received backing from Ukraine’s interior minister in 2014, as the government had recognised its own military was too weak to fight off the pro-Russian separatists and relied on paramilitary volunteer forces.
These forces were privately funded by oligarchs, the most known being Igor Kolomoisky, an energy magnate billionaire and then-governor of the Dnipropetrovska region.
In addition to Azov, Kolomoisky funded other volunteer battalions such as the Dnipro 1 and Dnipro 2, Aidar and Donbas units.
Azov received early funding and assistance from another oligarch: Serhiy Taruta, the billionaire governor of Donetsk region.

245040-000h52a9.jpg

Denies adhering to Nazi ideology​

In 2015, Andriy Diachenko, the spokesperson for the regiment at the time said that 10 to 20 per cent of Azov’s recruits were Nazis.
The unit has denied it adheres to Nazi ideology as a whole, but Nazi symbols such as the 'Hakenkreuz' and SS regalia are rife on the uniforms and bodies of Azov members.
For instance, the uniform carries the neo-Nazi Wolfsangel symbol. The group said it is merely an amalgam of the letters “N” and “I” which represent “national idea”.
Individual members have professed to being neo-Nazis, and hardcore far-right ultra-nationalism is pervasive among members.
In January 2018, Azov rolled out its street patrol unit called National Druzhyna to “restore” order in the capital, Kyiv. Instead, the unit carried out pogroms against the Roma community and attacked members of the LGBTQ community.
“Ukraine is the world’s only nation to have a neo-Nazi formation in its armed forces,” a correspondent for the US-based magazine, the Nation, wrote in 2019.

245042-0001hj4cj.jpg

Human rights violations and war crimes​

A 2016 report by the United Nations office of the high commissioner for Human Rights (OCHA) has accused the Azov regiment of violating international humanitarian law.
The report detailed incidents over a period from November 2015-February 2016 where Azov had embedded their weapons and forces in used civilian buildings, and displaced residents after looting civilian properties. The report also accused the battalion of raping and torturing detainees in the Donbas region.

245043-000par8197249.jpg

Recent video​

Recently as Ukraine as been battered by the Russia forces, Ukraine’s national guard tweeted a video showing Azov fighters coating their bullets in pig fat to be used allegedly against Muslim Chechens, allies of Russia, deployed in their country.
Azov has also been involved in training civilians through military exercises in the run-up to Russia’s invasion.

Fundings​

The unit received backing from Ukraine’s interior minister in 2014, as the government had recognised its own military was too weak to fight off the pro-Russian separatists and relied on paramilitary volunteer forces.
These forces were privately funded by oligarchs, the most known being Igor Kolomoisky, an energy magnate billionaire and then-governor of the Dnipropetrovska region.
In addition to Azov, Kolomoisky funded other volunteer battalions such as the Dnipro 1 and Dnipro 2, Aidar and Donbas units.
Azov received early funding and assistance from another oligarch: Serhiy Taruta, the billionaire governor of Donetsk region.

245040-000h52a9.jpg

Denies adhering to Nazi ideology​

In 2015, Andriy Diachenko, the spokesperson for the regiment at the time said that 10 to 20 per cent of Azov’s recruits were Nazis.
The unit has denied it adheres to Nazi ideology as a whole, but Nazi symbols such as the 'Hakenkreuz' and SS regalia are rife on the uniforms and bodies of Azov members.
For instance, the uniform carries the neo-Nazi Wolfsangel symbol. The group said it is merely an amalgam of the letters “N” and “I” which represent “national idea”.
Individual members have professed to being neo-Nazis, and hardcore far-right ultra-nationalism is pervasive among members.
In January 2018, Azov rolled out its street patrol unit called National Druzhyna to “restore” order in the capital, Kyiv. Instead, the unit carried out pogroms against the Roma community and attacked members of the LGBTQ community.
“Ukraine is the world’s only nation to have a neo-Nazi formation in its armed forces,” a correspondent for the US-based magazine, the Nation, wrote in 2019.

245042-0001hj4cj.jpg

Human rights violations and war crimes​

A 2016 report by the United Nations office of the high commissioner for Human Rights (OCHA) has accused the Azov regiment of violating international humanitarian law.
The report detailed incidents over a period from November 2015-February 2016 where Azov had embedded their weapons and forces in used civilian buildings, and displaced residents after looting civilian properties. The report also accused the battalion of raping and torturing detainees in the Donbas region.

245043-000par8197249.jpg

Recent video​

Recently as Ukraine as been battered by the Russia forces, Ukraine’s national guard tweeted a video showing Azov fighters coating their bullets in pig fat to be used allegedly against Muslim Chechens, allies of Russia, deployed in their country.
Azov has also been involved in training civilians through military exercises in the run-up to Russia’s invasion.

Bacon tastes really good and it has pig fat

Considering what Russia did to Chechnya pretty recently, any Chechen who would serve Russia in Ukraine richly deserves to be killed by a bullet coated in pig fat.

Considering what Russia did to Chechnya pretty recently, any Chechen who would serve Russia in Ukraine richly deserves to be killed by a bullet coated in pig fat.
A grande covered in pig fat would also probably work too

So Americans, Russians, Brits, French, Israelis, Greeks, Indians, Thais, Filipinos, etc have all fought against enemy forces consisting of Muslim combatants.

They don't actually have to do that. They just have to make the enemy believe they're doing that.
The Israeli IDF found that in some circumstances they shouldn't put women soldiers into the field because the enemy wouldn't surrender if they knew they faced women. A regimental mutiny in India was caused by rumours that a new drill around loading cartridges in rifles required biting the end off a cartridge that had been greased with pig fat.
Misinformation can be useful when anything useful should be used.

They don't actually have to do that. They just have to make the enemy believe they're doing that.
The Israeli IDF found that in some circumstances they shouldn't put women soldiers into the field because the enemy wouldn't surrender if they knew they faced women. A regimental mutiny in India was caused by rumours that a new drill around loading cartridges in rifles required biting the end off a cartridge that had been greased with pig fat.
Misinformation can be useful when anything useful should be used.

Why is it somehow civilized to even make your enemy think you're doing that, as distinct from actually doing that?

By analogy, one doesn't actually have to rape female combatants, but merely loudly brag about raping female combatants, in order to produce a particular psychological effect among the enemy.
So should one loudly brag about such things, even when not actually doing them?

I don't think that's what any self-respecting professional soldier or state should do.

All that's gonna do is foul your weapon.

Why is it somehow civilized to even make your enemy think you're doing that, as distinct from actually doing that?

By analogy, one doesn't actually have to rape female combatants, but merely loudly brag about raping female combatants, in order to produce a particular psychological effect among the enemy.

I don't think that's what any self-respecting professional soldier or state should do.
I just love people who think there is honor in making war. They seem to think that it is not organized destruction and murder. If you're down to murdering people and breaking their shit, does it really matter how you do it?

What a stupid analogy.
Do you mean that making Chechin enemies believe your bullets are greased with pig fat is not fighting fair? Jesus. What a position are you taking here? Are Chechin soldiers being treated wrongly if they're being lied to?
This is war, and a weaker country is being invaded by a strong aggressor and you want to complain about the weaker country lying?

You've never lived in a country that was invaded by a very strong, aggressive neighbour and had to fight for your life.
Don't be an ass.

That's all you have to say about what's possibly a war crime?
Is telling Muslim enemies that you dip your bullets in pig fat a war crime? What a stupid thing to say.
I wonder how your opinion might change if you lived in a country that had been invaded by a very strong neighbour and you were fighting for your country's existance. Me, I'd welcome any ruse that might help my cause.

Ok, and...?

Is telling Muslim enemies that you dip your bullets in pig fat a war crime?
I wonder how your opinion might change if you lived in a country that had been invaded by a very strong neighbour and you were fighting for your country's existance. Me, I'd welcome any ruse that might help my cause.
Deflection noted and dismissed.

I've heard things of this nature for decades.

Warfare is hell. If you don't want to get shot with pig fat bullets, surrender. But I'll never hold it against the Ukraine for taking advantage of this.

Back
Top Bottom