• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Citizens Have The Right Idea

Have you read the Second Amendment? Did you happen to hear about the 50 or 60 years of insurgent resistance staged by Afghanistan's citizens as they toppled one empire and may have done the same to another? You views on this are irrational.
Seems I remember something about ten amendments... :rolleyes:

Do you happen to know the terrain, standard of living, tribal power structures, and deep seated hatred of anyone 'not like us' that encompasses the vast majority of Afghanistan's land and people???? :unsure:

None of that dominates here. Perhaps there could be a 'successful' resistance high in the Rocky Mts, with religious zealot, white supremist small bands living without electricity, modern medicine, education, much passed subsistence level of nutrition... :cautious:

Your views on this are irrational... ✌️

May be an image of football, ball, grass and text that says 'Ukrainian citizens are using their own weapons to hold off the Russians! Still think the 2nd Amend. was meant for squirrel hunting?''Ukrainian citizens are using their own weapons to hold off the Russians! Still think the 2nd Amend. was meant for squirrel hunting?'

Not sure what you're trying to get at. Handguns are illegal in Ukraine, and you need a license to own a gun.

Just goes to show that even in such rare situations as Ukraine, if people really need to get guns, they can. Not everyone needs to be swimming in them all the time.

So why are you wanting to ban them?!? Ouch!

Oh I don't know, maybe because they're designed to kill and are used for exactly that purpose thousands of times a year ?

That might be the reason maybe ?

I know logical thought is not really your forte.

The point I was making is no one thinks you can kill modern main battle tanks with small arms and improvised incendiary bombs. Instead, you target their crews when they aren’t in the vehicles.

Right.

But, you can attack the supply lines, as the Ukrainians did, thereby forcing the tank crews to abandon their inoperable vehicles.

Oh I don't know, maybe because they're designed to kill and are used for exactly that purpose thousands of times a year ?

That might be the reason maybe ?

I know logical thought is not really your forte.

Because you flip flop on a dime. It's not a good option for old folks to defend themselves ( equalizer ), but it's a lethal death machine in all other cases.

I wish you would be consistant in anything, most often contradicting yourself, get called on it, then try to deflect away from yourself.

Right.

But, you can attack the supply lines, as the Ukrainians did, thereby forcing the tank crews to abandon their inoperable vehicles.

That’s not the only reason tankers get out of their vehicles.

Because you flip flop on a dime.

AKA, utterly refuting your argument. Must be flip-flopping or something....I mean your defeated in debate as often as Donald Trump loses an honest election.

It's not a good option for old folks to defend themselves ( equalizer ), but it's a lethal death machine in all other cases.

Exactly, which is why guns should be banned*

*Subject to exemptions previously discussed.

I wish you would be consistant [SIC] in anything, most often contradicting yourself, get called on it, then try to deflect away from yourself.

*Consistent

Yeah, one post I say guns should be banned...next I call the gun control lobby "enemies of the Constitution"
Not.

That’s not the only reason tankers get out of their vehicles.

No, I have it on good authority, that occasionally their forced to leave their tanks to answer the call of nature

Still waiting for evidence of dismounted tank crew being attacked with Molotov cocktails Btw - you know like you said had definitely happened,

AKA, utterly refuting your argument. Must be flip-flopping or something....I mean your defeated in debate as often as Donald Trump loses an honest election.

Exactly, which is why guns should be banned*

*Subject to exemptions previously discussed.

*Consistent

Yeah, one post I say guns should be banned...next I call the gun control lobby "enemies of the Constitution"
Not.
*you're

Then you are saying he was defeated once.

Seems I remember something about ten amendments... :rolleyes:

Do you happen to know the terrain, standard of living, tribal power structures, and deep seated hatred of anyone 'not like us' that encompasses the vast majority of Afghanistan's land and people???? :unsure:

None of that dominates here. Perhaps there could be a 'successful' resistance high in the Rocky Mts, with religious zealot, white supremist small bands living without electricity, modern medicine, education, much passed subsistence level of nutrition... :cautious:

Your views on this are irrational... ✌️

I have no idea how anything you posted here has any connection to anything I posted.

Gun owners rarely understand any arguments...they just know that the answer is the right to bear arms.

The poster he responded to is a gun owner. So is he. Don't be in such a hurry.

Gun owners rarely understand any arguments...they just know that the answer is the right to bear arms.

If they come from you, yes. Most of your gun control arguments don't make sense, you flip flop on your argument or contradict your own argument.

If they come from you, yes. Most of your gun control arguments don't make sense, you flip flop on your argument or contradict your own argument.

Oh really ?

Tell me what gun control arguments ***DO*** make sense, in your opinion that is.

Oh really ?

Tell me what gun control arguments ***DO*** make sense, in your opinion that is.
Concentrate on trying to make something sensible of yours, before you go trying to shift the burden to others.

I have no idea how anything you posted here has any connection to anything I posted.
This ain't Afghanistan so your 'example' has no connection to the topic... :rolleyes:

There might be a slight connection if a few small bands of white religious zealots base themselves in remote high mountain valleys and received advanced weapons from third parties. Perhaps a few could survive deep in a swamp as well... :unsure:

I'm not surprised you lacking any idea... ✌️

I can tell you what is not sensible, banning all guns.

So the British, Australian and Canadian governments, plus their respective peoples who support them are not "sensible" in your opinion

As every one has banned guns in recent years

Apart from the USA, can you name a single foreign government that is "sensible" in your opinion ?

No, I have it on good authority, that occasionally their forced to leave their tanks to answer the call of nature

Still waiting for evidence of dismounted tank crew being attacked with Molotov cocktails Btw - you know like you said had definitely happened,
*they're

This ain't Afghanistan so your 'example' has no connection to the topic... :rolleyes:

There might be a slight connection if a few small bands of white religious zealots base themselves in remote high mountain valleys and received advanced weapons from third parties. Perhaps a few could survive deep in a swamp as well... :unsure:

I'm not surprised you lacking any idea... ✌️

The example of Afghanistan shows that guys with guns can do a whole lot to provide second thoughts to those who wish to do harm.

The first move of any despot when power is seized to to disarm the populace.

There's a reason for this.

Your lack of understanding does nothing to change reality.

The example of Afghanistan shows that guys with guns can do a whole lot to provide second thoughts to those who wish to do harm. The first move of any despot when power is seized to to disarm the populace. There's a reason for this. Your lack of understanding does nothing to change reality.

Trying to use Afghanistan to justify an armed civilian population is for the shallow minded. The Afghanis got OUTSIDE help in the form of expensive and sophisticated weapons (many trained in a neighboring nation) They bound the various factions together with a fanatical religious belief. A fanatic zeal we would later despise, had The Faithful vs Infidels. Charlie Wilson's Freedom Fighters became terrorists... :unsure:

The rest is just NRA shill propaganda. Ukraine wasn't an armed population, they need far more than 'guns' to face attack helicopters and Main Battle Tanks... Did you miss the drone attacks on tanks??? The importation of Anti-aircraft and Anti-tank missiles????? :cautious:

What this conflict shows us is an Army with low morale, training and a piss poor logistics train has no business invading a modern nation... ✌️

The example of Afghanistan shows that guys with guns can do a whole lot to provide second thoughts to those who wish to do harm.

Yeah, but they have a topography advantage. An invading army, can't occupy that kind of mountainous terrain (as the US also found).

Like Tito's partisans in Yugoslavia, in WWII.

Trying to use Afghanistan to justify an armed civilian population is for the shallow minded. The Afghanis got OUTSIDE help in the form of expensive and sophisticated weapons (many trained in a neighboring nation) They bound the various factions together with a fanatical religious belief. A fanatic zeal we would later despise, had The Faithful vs Infidels. Charlie Wilson's Freedom Fighters became terrorists... :unsure:

The rest is just NRA shill propaganda. Ukraine wasn't an armed population, they need far more than 'guns' to face attack helicopters and Main Battle Tanks... Did you miss the drone attacks on tanks??? The importation of Anti-aircraft and Anti-tank missiles????? :cautious:

What this conflict shows us is an Army with low morale, training and a piss poor logistics train has no business invading a modern nation... ✌️

It shows us that an armed population presents a greater threat than an unarmed population.

I find it interesting that you fail to see what is so obvious.

Back
Top Bottom