• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukrainian Americans protest Tucker Carlson appearance at California church

watsup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
“Saturday’s protesters claimed Carlson spreads pro-Russia propaganda. They arranged strollers, car seats and baby shoes to represent the more than 150 children killed by the war in Ukraine.

“Your heartless message to American people who are the cradle of democracy, home of the brave, land of the free, is completely unacceptable by anyone,” said Vadin Gudin, who was among the demonstrators.

“A lot of victims of this war are children,” added Iuliia Puchko, another protester.”

Now here’s what one of the mindless FOX types had to say about it:

““I think he is controversial, but I think almost everything he says is correct and I think that they’re listening to other people who are incorrect about what’s going on in Russia and Ukraine,” said Lisa Viceroy.”

So there you have it. Putin Pal Tucker Carlson is right and those who condemn Putin’s brutal war are “incorrect” according to Tucker fans.
God help us.

“Saturday’s protesters claimed Carlson spreads pro-Russia propaganda. They arranged strollers, car seats and baby shoes to represent the more than 150 children killed by the war in Ukraine.

“Your heartless message to American people who are the cradle of democracy, home of the brave, land of the free, is completely unacceptable by anyone,” said Vadin Gudin, who was among the demonstrators.

“A lot of victims of this war are children,” added Iuliia Puchko, another protester.”

““I think he is controversial, but I think almost everything he says is correct and I think that they’re listening to other people who are incorrect about what’s going on in Russia and Ukraine,” said Lisa Viceroy.”

So there you have it. Putin Pal Tucker Carlson is right and those who condemn Putin’s brutal war are “incorrect” according to Tucker fans.
God help us.
What's uglier and more ****ed up than Tucker Carlson? A church that invites political speakers to their sanctuary.

What is wrong with people?

God help us.
Carlson is a treasonous piece of shit.
A3F36C25-BA9C-4DB1-B6EB-656EB6FE5693.jpeg

And Lisa is a moron.

What's uglier and more ****ed up than Tucker Carlson? A church that invites political speakers to their sanctuary.

Inviting political speakers to speak at a church is not anything new and was used pretty effectively during the civil rights movement. Granted those are pretty opposite sides of the coin, but speaking politics at church has a deep rooted tradition in our country.

All that said any church that invited Carlson to speak is one I have no desire to attend.

Tucker has supported authoritarian types all along. I don't think it's because he himself thinks like that but he knows his audience well and he knows they love the strongman, take no guff, I'll show who is boss types. The right-wing has shown their love of control...they are OK with crackdowns on media with a different perspective, with limiting voting access in a way that benefits the "party", with hardline approaches to immigration of "others", with quashing legal protests, etc. It's all about audience control and ratings...he knows how to push their buttons.

Think about who he talks up...Erdogan, Orban, Putin......Trump and DeSantis.

ETA There are others on Fox who should hang their head in shame for undermining their CIC at this time of international and potentially National security. This situation is no time to push self serving political agendas.

HERE!! HERE!!

Inviting political speakers to speak at a church is not anything new and was used pretty effectively during the civil rights movement. Granted those are pretty opposite sides of the coin, but speaking politics at church has a deep rooted tradition in our country.

All that said any church that invited Carlson to speak is one I have no desire to attend.
I never heard of it before. The ministers I've ever heard, talk about how to behave, not how to vote or what politics to support. It simply isn't done.

I never heard of it before. The ministers I've ever heard, talk about how to behave, not how to vote or what politics to support. It simply isn't done.
I agree. Only once in my life did I hear a parish priest talk about politics and it was when Canada was considering legalizing gay marriage. His entire sermon was about how we should all get politically involved and not vote for any candidate supporting gay marriage. My daughter was maybe 16 at the time, definitely still in high school, she stood up and walked out of the Church. She has never gone back.

God help us.
I think it's time the DOD sends a few of their scariest investigators to have a little talk with Carlson. He has clearly stepped over the line. We are in a proxy war with Russia. I believe there is a word for aiding and abetting the enemy.

Come on man. Every election we get stories of this religious group supporting this candidate and stories of pastors including politicians as part of their sermons. In VA there was a little dust up over a video with VP Harris saying vote Terry that was shown in a bunch of “black churches”

Which tells you all you need to know about all those 'supposed' Christian evangelicals. They're mostly a bunch of fakes. Nothing Christain about them.

He's allowed to attend church, if he's not engaging in politics

I agree. Only once in my life did I hear a parish priest talk about politics and it was when Canada was considering legalizing gay marriage. His entire sermon was about how we should all get politically involved and not vote for any candidate supporting gay marriage. My daughter was maybe 16 at the time, definitely still in high school, she stood up and walked out of the Church. She has never gone back.
Sorry that happened to your daughter. At least a condemnation of gays was no doubt part of your church's doctrine. Pretty far fetched to somehow tie Tucker to anything in the Good Book.

He's allowed to attend church, if he's not engaging in politics
He wasn't 'attending church.'

La Jolla native and Fox News star Tucker Carlson will appear at a San Marcos megachurch in April, according to social media posts Saturday by host Awaken Church.
Carlson, whose top-rated show triggers outrage on the left and fandom on the right, is set to speak at 6 p.m. April 2 for tickets priced from $30 to $5,000 (for front-row VIP seating)— plus $20 parking.

1. I have a definite stick in my craw about the way the American right has co-opted the Church. I think it damages the Kingdom, it damages our ability to Witness, and, I can't think of worse things to say about it than that. I don't even like having American flags in Churches, as many do. I don't like Christian nationalism or anything that smacks of it.

2. I don't know, however, that I would say that, for example, Dr. King's Church is "Uglier and more *****ed up than Tucker Carlson" because they invited a political speaker like Barack Obama to speak.

He wasn't 'attending church.'

La Jolla native and Fox News star Tucker Carlson will appear at a San Marcos megachurch in April, according to social media posts Saturday by host Awaken Church.
Carlson, whose top-rated show triggers outrage on the left and fandom on the right, is set to speak at 6 p.m. April 2 for tickets priced from $30 to $5,000 (for front-row VIP seating)— plus $20 parking.
I'm surprised that's legal in terms of their tax status.

God help us.

By supporting ****er Calson, this church supports the demolition of the wall of separation between church and state, and worse, supports the war crimes of Vladmir Putin.

And evangelical Americans wonder why their numbers are collapsing.

1. I have a definite stick in my craw about the way the American right has co-opted the Church. I think it damages the Kingdom, it damages our ability to Witness, and, I can't think of worse things to say about it than that. I don't even like having American flags in Churches, as many do. I don't like Christian nationalism or anything that smacks of it.

2. I don't know, however, that I would say that, for example, Dr. King's Church is "Uglier and more *****ed up than Tucker Carlson" because they invited a political speaker like Barack Obama to speak.
Southern churches seem to be a wholly different animal than us cold weather Puritans run. I almost asked Chill if he was from the South when I made my post. It seems to matter.

Pres Obama seems to actually be 'attending church' here.

Okay, here he did allude to politics, so you win.

Southern churches seem to be a wholly different animal than us cold weather Puritans run.

:) Quite possible, though we have our Presbyterians as well :D

I almost asked Chill if he was from the South when I made my post. It seems to matter.

He appears to be speaking. I was recently informed that this sort of thing means that church is "Uglier and more ****ed up than Tucker Carlson". I'm not a fan of mixing Church and Politics myself, but, I'm not sure that's correct.

:) Quite possible, though we have our Presbyterians as well :D

He appears to be speaking. I was recently informed that this sort of thing means that church is "Uglier and more ****ed up than Tucker Carlson". I'm not a fan of mixing Church and Politics myself, but, I'm not sure that's correct.
I already conceded. Keep rubbing my nose in it, why don't you?

I'm not positive that charging up to $5000 a ticket to see a Fox political pundit is equivalent to asking the first black candidate for President to speak at MLK's church, but hey. You're right. Let's compare them.

Southern churches seem to be a wholly different animal than us cold weather Puritans run. I almost asked Chill if he was from the South when I made my post. It seems to matter.

Pres Obama seems to actually be 'attending church' here.

How much did they charge?

I already conceded. Keep rubbing my nose in it, why don't you?

You have my apologies - I missed that part, or I would not have posted as I did.

I'm not positive that charging up to $5000 a ticket to see a Fox political pundit is equivalent to asking the first black candidate for President to speak at MLK's church, but hey. You're right. Let's compare them.

I wouldn't say they are the same thing, agreed. I can see hosting a charity event where one might do such a thing and it be Good rather than Scummy. I was simply pointing out that bringing in political figures to speak is not, in and of itself, that wrong.

You have my apologies - I missed that part, or I would not have posted as I did.

I wouldn't say they are the same thing, agreed. I can see hosting a charity event where one might do such a thing and it be Good rather than Scummy. I was simply pointing out that bringing in political figures to speak is not, in and of itself, that wrong.
Jesus turned over the tables of the money lenders. I wonder what he'd do at that mega church, confronted with Tucker Carlson.

Y'all do what you do and I'll keep my mouth shut, but even if the minister invited Susan Collins to speak (I'm a fan), I would roll my eyes.

1649283931052.png

Jesus turned over the tables of the money lenders. I wonder what he'd do at that mega church, confronted with Tucker Carlson.
No idea, tbh. He's a bit bigger than my understanding, and more powerful with his words than a thousand kings and emperor's have been with their armies.

Y'all do what you do and I'll keep my mouth shut, but even if the minister invited Susan Collins to speak (I'm a fan), I would roll my eyes.

View attachment 67384219
Much would depend, I think, on the nature of the event, and what they were speaking about.

Back
Top Bottom