• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine's Zelenskyy to address full US Congress

Rogue Valley

Putin = War Criminal
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

000_32664ae.jpg

WASHINGTON: Ukraine's president will deliver a virtual address to the United States Congress on Wednesday (March 16). The appeal comes with both sides launching a fresh round of talks amid deadly air strikes in the capital Kyiv, nearly three weeks after Russia's President Vladimir Putin ordered the attack. "We look forward to the privilege of welcoming President (Volodymyr) Zelenskyy's address to the House and Senate and to convey our support to the people of Ukraine as they bravely defend democracy," House leader Nancy Pelosi and her Senate counterpart Chuck Schumer said in a joint letter to lawmakers. Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons Anthony Rota said that Zelenskyy would also address lawmakers in Ottawa on Tuesday.

Ukraine President Volodmyr Zelenskyy will speak directly to both houses of Congress and the American people tomorrow (I'm assuming this will be widely televised).

Kyiv time is 6 hours ahead of Washington time. I hope Zelenskyy's interpreter is up to this task and includes his nuance.

noonereal

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
I do not want to see our response to this situation swayed by an emotional appeal.

Our course has been perfect to date. We have no need to change course and certainly not for emotional reasons.

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal

Ukraine President Volodmyr Zelenskyy will speak directly to both houses of Congress and the American people tomorrow (I'm assuming this will be widely televised).

Kyiv time is 6 hours ahead of Washington time. I hope Zelenskyy's interpreter is up to this task and includes his nuance.

so, you think the Traitor twins will heckle him?

Top Bottom