• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine

humbolt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
How about a subforum for it? I don't know how much work is involved, but it does look like this is a significant event which will influence many. As some have already pointed out, there are many threads scattered around the site now. It would be helpful if they could all be move to a single posting area.

Yeah I see what you mean HB.....at first we didn't have any. If it is to much of a problem to do such......Then my suggestion would be to throw as much as they can in the thread Discussion Ukraine Crisis In International. That way all applies to whats taking place.

I tried the same with Syria. Thinking we can keep these types of Threads Stickied. Discussion whatever......Egypt, ME. People could still create other threads. But then when one doesn't want to start a New Thread.....they can just Update whats going on. A Discussion type thread will work. Allows people to Post up an update and the thread continues on. Hopefully drawing more hits to the thread and to the site too.

There doesn't need to be a subforum. The mods just need to be consistent on where these threads go. Some of the ukraine forums are ending up in int'l politics, some are ending up in europe politics, some are ending up in mainstream breaking news, some in non-msm breaking news, they just need to be consolidated into one consistent sub. IMHO, the breaking news forum is too broad. It's a catch-all, it absorbs lots of threads that would fit just fine into other existing subs.

There doesn't need to be a subforum. The mods just need to be consistent on where these threads go. Some of the ukraine forums are ending up in int'l politics, some are ending up in europe politics, some are ending up in mainstream breaking news, some in non-msm breaking news, they just need to be consolidated into one consistent sub. IMHO, the breaking news forum is too broad. It's a catch-all, it absorbs lots of threads that would fit just fine into other existing subs.

That and the General Political Discussion forum also. I think there needs to be some clear rules about it that only when the topic doesn't fit with all existing forums that it a thread can be started there. It's a huge mess.
Breaking News is also a mess but frankly I don't think they'll find a solution. They can't replicate all the subforums there can they?

Ukraine is hopefully not a long term issue. We rarely create a new forum around one specific case or instance. Zimmerman/Martin case was a rare exception because of the attention it garnered and how many headlines it took up. It was quite a while after the initial incident before we did create that specific forum.

Creating new forums just makes the site bigger and more congested. We typically stick to general region forums or specific "issues" that are more broad in scope than a specific country. I'm not saying that we won't create a Ukraine forum, but I'm saying that it's too early to even consider it at this point.

Ukraine is hopefully not a long term issue. We rarely create a new forum around one specific case or instance. Zimmerman/Martin case was a rare exception because of the attention it garnered and how many headlines it took up. It was quite a while after the initial incident before we did create that specific forum.

Creating new forums just makes the site bigger and more congested. We typically stick to general region forums or specific "issues" that are more broad in scope than a specific country. I'm not saying that we won't create a Ukraine forum, but I'm saying that it's too early to even consider it at this point.

I understand. I'm not technically competent in any of this, and certainly have no understanding of the complications such accommodations might create for those running this site. Thanks for taking a look at it. Hopefully, as you say, it will be the last look required.

yeah ikr xD there's no point even creating a subforum for any major events seriously guys xD just create a thread if you're soo interested in a particular topic!!

xxxxx -deleted, please disregard - my apology

Last edited:
I guess there could be a subforum on Foreign Policy under the United States Politics.

Back
Top Bottom