• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Weapons Tracker... Russian Army Especially Generous Today

maxparrish

Conservatarian
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Today had to be one of the peaks in Russian contributions in vehicles to Ukraine...as well as donations of dead Russians to their war cemetery's. Some of the highlights:

And the Ukrainian Army also has Grad rocket launchers...

And lots of gift giving here:

I feel like I'm giving myself far to much credit that I deserve by saying "if I didn't have a child, I'd . . . "

I feel like I'm giving myself far to much credit that I deserve by saying "if I didn't have a child, I'd . . . "

Perhaps. But I am very confident that if I were healthy but had an expected short life, I'd go. But I know that if I had a reasonably long life ahead of me, I likely would not.

Today had to be one of the peaks in Russian contributions in vehicles to Ukraine...as well as donations of dead Russians to their war cemetery's. Some of the highlights:

Russians are retreating further into Mariupol while Ukes are claiming to destroy single didget numbers of helicopters

The Russians began today with a new tactic. In two different cities they destroyed a food store.

I think this begins the 4th week. So far they certainly aren't winning militarily.

Perhaps they now intend to starve the citizens into capitulation. They are applying Assad's Syria brutality to Ukraine.

The Russians began today with a new tactic. In two different cities they destroyed a food store.

I think this begins the 4th week. So far they certainly aren't winning militarily.

Perhaps they now intend to starve the citizens into capitulation. They are applying Assad's Syria brutality to Ukraine.

Bomb shelters, hospitals, schools, and now food stores. I can't think of anyone more deserving of cooking in one of Hell's boiling pots of Sulphur than Herr Putin...for eternity.

Doesn’t that strategy date back to Stalin?

Yeah the Russians have been consistently advancing against a peer army, have taken a major city and are nearly encircling Kiev itself. Definitely sounds like a loss.

This sounds like Hitler in the bunker level denial

Yeah the Russians have been consistently advancing against a peer army, have taken a major city and are nearly encircling Kiev itself. Definitely sounds like a loss.

This sounds like Hitler in the bunker level denial

They are not consistently advancing against a non-peer army.

They are not consistently advancing
Yes they are. The amount of territory controlled by Russia is growing.
against a non-peer army.
It looks to me like two countries with roughly similar equipment and many Russian commentators have been claiming the Ukranians are using Soviet doctrine in defense. How true that is I do not know, but the Ukranians are clearly far closer to Russia than Iraq was to America.

Bomb shelters, hospitals, schools, and now food stores. I can't think of anyone more deserving of cooking in one of Hell's boiling pots of Sulphur than Herr Putin...for eternity.

I can, but this forum has rules.

Yes they are. The amount of territory controlled by Russia is growing.

No, the Russians have made minor gains in some areas and in others have been pushed back. For the past few days Russians gains were virtually nonexistent.

It looks to me like two countries with roughly similar equipment and many Russian commentators have been claiming the Ukranians are using Soviet doctrine in defense.

By every conceivable Metric Russia has conventional superiority to Ukraine. This should not be as much of a struggle as it is for Russia.

How true that is I do not know, but the Ukranians are clearly far closer to Russia than Iraq was to America.

Given Iraqs performance that's not saying much.

The much-touted Russian military blitzkrieg of 190,000 troops was supposed to take Kyiv within 72 hours.

We are now into the 4th week and they have still not encircled Kyiv.

All evidence indicates that what this army is best at is committing war crimes.

The much-touted Russian military blitzkrieg of 190,000 troops was supposed to take Kyiv within 72 hours.
According to who? I never heard that from anyone until Russia actually invaded
We are now into the 4th week and they have still not encircled Kyiv.
So what?
All evidence indicates that what this army is best at is committing war crimes.
I’ve not seen any evidence of war crimes by Russian forces, so far every verifiable one has been done by the Ukes

According to who? I never heard that from anyone until Russia actually invaded

So what?

I’ve not seen any evidence of war crimes by Russian forces, so far every verifiable one has been done by the Ukes
Targeting civilians is a war crime. No matter who does it.
And yes, that means what you think it means.

Targeting civilians is a war crime. No matter who does it.
And yes, that means what you think it means.
Not always. And in any event Ukraine is claiming total war where they expect all civilians to fight which means the category of who qualifies as a civilian is greatly expanded. So with that in mind I can’t see any examples at all of where russians have knowingly targeted non combatants that can be confirmed by something other then the claims of the Ukes, who are actually targeting civilians and have been for years

Not always. And in any event Ukraine is claiming total war where they expect all civilians to fight which means the category of who qualifies as a civilian is greatly expanded. So with that in mind I can’t see any examples at all of where russians have knowingly targeted non combatants that can be confirmed by something other then the claims of the Ukes, who are actually targeting civilians and have been for years
This is an invasion of a sovereign country. If civilians are being targeted, it's not the civilians of the invading country, it's the civilians of the invaded country. Why would Ukraine be targeting it's own civilians?

This is an invasion of a sovereign country. If civilians are being targeted, it's not the civilians of the invading country, it's the civilians of the invaded country. Why would Ukraine be targeting it's own civilians?
Ask the Azov battalion, as well as the artillery Targetting Russian humanitarian corridors. And whoever deployed cluster munitions against Donetsk earlier this week.

Ukraine has done so and will continue to do so because their patron states will not hold them accountable for it

theatre-comp-1-1.jpg

Those words painted on the ground at either end of the building are the Russian word for 'children'. The theatre was being used to shelter kids in the bombed-out city of Mariupol.
The Russians bombed it.

images (16).jpeg

Got an example of Ukraine targeting civilians? Far as I know Ukraine hasn't taken this fight into Russia. Yet.

Ask the Azov battalion, as well as the artillery Targetting Russian humanitarian corridors. And whoever deployed cluster munitions against Donetsk earlier this week.

Ukraine has done so and will continue to do so because their patron states will not hold them accountable for it
Russia did that. Not Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom