• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

I'm going through resumes for a Cyber Security expert, needs to be US Citizen that can get and maintain Top Secret/SCI clearance. So many resumes from India, not eligible, even if they have a green card. The guy we picked had all the clearances and was Special Forces cyber security, and is still that in the Guard. Bonus: we got him from one of our top competitors.

I don't know what your org's building, but I bet it's hella' interesting! :p

Calling bullshit on this one.
I'm not so sure. They have millions of those, and they're a simple rifle to operate and maintain.

If I had a bunch of conscripts, that's what I would issue.

Took them Goddamn long enough!

A report released yesterday from the Chief Executive Leadership Institute of Yale School of Management reports a sliding scale of companies still active in russia here:

Cliff notes for some of the many American companies still active in russia:

Carl's Jr.
Sbarro Pizza
TGI Friday's
Abbott Laboratories
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Colgate-Palmolive
Domino's Pizza
Eli Lilly
Hilton
Hyatt
J&J
Merck
Nabisco
Pfizer
Subway

. . . among many (many, many) others.

Interesting. That city (Svotov), along with Troitske, appear to be the two main immediate tactical goals for the Kharkiv counter-offensive, as they command the main northern rail lines to Lysishank/Severodonetske/Donestesk - IOW the newly RU claimed Eastern Oblasts.

A report released yesterday from the Chief Executive Leadership Institute of Yale School of Management reports a sliding scale of companies still active in russia here:

Carl's Jr.
Sbarro Pizza
TGI Friday's
Abbott Laboratories
Bristol-Myers Squibb

Colgate-Palmolive
Domino's Pizza
Eli Lilly
Hilton
Hyatt
J&J
Merck
Nabisco
Pfizer
Subway

. . . among many others.

I'm sure those pharmaceutical companies are claiming they have to stay for "humanitarian reasons". Truth is, Russia as near zero ability to produce medications. If they had an ounce of integrity they'd burn down their plants and facilities and leave.

Let the masses of Russia that suffer without western drugs and treatments sooth themselves on Domino's Pizza.

Carl's Jr.
Sbarro Pizza
TGI Friday's
Abbott Laboratories
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Colgate-Palmolive
Domino's Pizza
Eli Lilly
Hilton
Hyatt
J&J
Merck
Nabisco
Pfizer
Subway

. . . among many (many, many) others.
I don't care about restaurants, but the pharma companies should face daily fines in the millions.

I'm sure those pharmaceutical companies are claiming they have to stay for "humanitarian reasons". Truth is, Russia as near zero ability to produce medications. If they had an ounce of integrity they'd burn down their plants and facilities and leave.

Let the masses of Russia that suffer without western drugs and treatments sooth themselves on Domino's Pizza.
Heh. Parallel thoughts.

That's what they said but it doesn't mean they can settle in Ukraine. UA was referring to their well being as POW's.

The audacity of Urkraine not to give Russian enemy troops the key to the city after they surrender. What's this world coming too!

I can see the argument to be made perhaps for conscripts that claim refugee status.

Interesting. That city (Svotov), along with Troitske, appear to be the two main immediate tactical goals for the Kharkiv counter-offensive, as they command the main northern rail lines to Lysishank/Severodonetske/Donestesk - IOW the newly RU claimed Eastern Oblasts.

In my humble opinion, Ukraine ought to put Kherson on the back burner and transfer some forces to the North to finish the job. Take that rail line through one of those two cities and the whole game changes.

I only made the list of active U.S. companies in russia so short because I'm inherently lazy.

The actual list is ridiculous.

I can see the argument to be made perhaps for conscripts that claim refugee status.
How did it work when Americans went to Canada to escape the Vietnam draft?

I found this:

Starting in 1965, Canada became a choice haven for American draft evaders and deserters. Because they were not formally classified as refugees but were admitted as immigrants, there is no official estimate of how many draft evaders and deserters were admitted to Canada during the Vietnam War.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion, Ukraine ought to put Kherson on the back burner and transfer some forces to the North to finish the job. Take that rail line through one of those two cities and the whole game changes.

Hm. I dunno. Never a good idea to take your foot off their neck when making progress. Then, what are the efficiency losses from the movement.

I'd also worry about reprisal counter-attack down south, bit given RU's dug-in & fortified, they may decline even if given the opportunity.

But yeah, your strategy would seem to have merit. But I don't have the skills to evaluate it!

How did it work when Americans went to Canada to escape the Vietnam draft?

I found this:

Starting in 1965, Canada became a choice haven for American draft evaders and deserters. Because they were not formally classified as refugees but were admitted as immigrants, there is no official estimate of how many draft evaders and deserters were admitted to Canada during the Vietnam War.

We weren't at war with Canada.

Back
Top Bottom