• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

So many blatant lies, so many false flags from the Zelensky regime.

While conducting an investigation of Russian attacks in the Kharkiv, Donbas and Mykolaiv regions of Ukraine between April and July, Amnesty International researchers said they discovered that the Ukrainian military was operating out of civilian buildings in at least 19 towns and villages. The discovery was corroborated by satellite images, according to the release.

The organization said that Ukraine committed "a clear violation of international humanitarian law" by basing at least five military facilities in civilian hospitals. Russian airstrikes on health care facilities have resulted in a significant number of civilian injuries and deaths during the war, according to the World Health Organization.

Amnesty International also discovered that Ukraine had installed military bases in 22 out of 29 schools visited in the Donbas and Mykolaiv regions during the investigation, according to the release. The organization said that Russia later launched strikes on many of the same schools between April and late June, resulting in multiple deaths and injuries.

Following the destruction of schools in at least three towns, Ukraine's military is accused of moving bases to schools in different areas, putting the community surrounding the new bases at risk for similar attacks.

That is completely possible. If I have been bringing anyone down, I apologize. :)
Wide ranging discussions from the war to how Eve got a bad rap on the apple thing
That aside, a number of fine discussions, where one at times steps over the trolls & gibberish

Wont that be nice:)? I can see the thread doing a rendition of John Lennon's Imagine to celebrate your metamorphosis

Imagine there's no Russia
It's easy if you try
No Putin below us
Above us, only Zelensky

Imagine all Azov Brigade
Livin' for today
Ah

Imagine there's no Nord Stream
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no Russian gas, too

Imagine Frau Baerbock
Green as ever
Livin' life in peace
You

You may say I'm a green man
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be green again

Imagine no carbon emissions
I wonder if you can
No need for oil or gas
A planet for green folks

Imagine there's no more trolls
Messing up the threads
You

You may say I hate Russians
But I'm not the only one
And the world will be free of Russians
lmao/ I especially like (Zelensky instead of just sky)
No Putin below us
Above us, only Zelensky
~~

well played sir -it's all good :)

So many blatant lies, so many false flags from the Zelensky regime.

While conducting an investigation of Russian attacks in the Kharkiv, Donbas and Mykolaiv regions of Ukraine between April and July, Amnesty International researchers said they discovered that the Ukrainian military was operating out of civilian buildings in at least 19 towns and villages. The discovery was corroborated by satellite images, according to the release.

The organization said that Ukraine committed "a clear violation of international humanitarian law" by basing at least five military facilities in civilian hospitals. Russian airstrikes on health care facilities have resulted in a significant number of civilian injuries and deaths during the war, according to the World Health Organization.

Amnesty International also discovered that Ukraine had installed military bases in 22 out of 29 schools visited in the Donbas and Mykolaiv regions during the investigation, according to the release. The organization said that Russia later launched strikes on many of the same schools between April and late June, resulting in multiple deaths and injuries.

Following the destruction of schools in at least three towns, Ukraine's military is accused of moving bases to schools in different areas, putting the community surrounding the new bases at risk for similar attacks.
good research. ain't nobody taking the high road in this slugfest

The high road? Russia invaded Ukraine. Ukraine did not Russia. Ukraine isn't castrating Russian POWs, murdering Russian POWs, and deliberately targeting Russian civilians. There is a road Russia can take, but it refuses. That road is straight out of Ukraine.

Sometimes a trolling post can be so desperate, witless, and stupid that it ends up cheering me up.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and opinions here.

lmao/ I especially like (Zelensky instead of just sky)
No Putin below us
Above us, only Zelensky
~~

well played sir -it's all good :)

Thanks Good Sir :) In this future new world of ours kids will refer to the sky as Zelensky. When it is a cloudy day the kids will be taught to say Zelensky be singin the blues. When there is an earthquake the kids will be taught to cross themselves and say Putin is pissed.

The tale of the Great Kherson Counter Offensive is taking some strange twists and turns. Now Kyiv has changed tunes; instead of threatening the mother of all counter offensives, Kyiv is now moaning and groaning, accusing Russia instead of planning an offensive in Kherson! Go Figure

The high road? Russia invaded Ukraine. Ukraine did not Russia. Ukraine isn't castrating Russian POWs, murdering Russian POWs, and deliberately targeting Russian civilians. There is a road Russia can take, but it refuses. That road is straight out of Ukraine.
you are a broken record. I was responding the the Amnesty findings

Sometimes a trolling post can be so desperate, witless, and stupid that it ends up cheering me up.
if you writing (yet another) ad hom @me cheers you up, im all for it.
"I dont care what you do / I wouldn't want to be like you" (Alan Parsons Project)

Wars = war crimes committed by all - difference is when used as a deliberate part of strategy.
Makes it policy .
Yes UAF has committed war crimes- deliberate strategy - Nope
Russia Yes
@anatta you do see the difference?

Wont that be nice:)? I can see the thread doing a rendition of John Lennon's Imagine to celebrate your metamorphosis

Imagine there's no Russia
It's easy if you try
No Putin below us
Above us, only Zelensky

Imagine all Azov Brigade
Livin' for today
Ah

Imagine there's no Nord Stream
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no Russian gas, too

Imagine Frau Baerbock
Green as ever
Livin' life in peace
You

You may say I'm a green man
But I'm not the only one
And the world will be green again

Imagine no carbon emissions
I wonder if you can
No need for oil or gas
A planet for green folks

Imagine there's no more trolls
Messing up the threads
You

You may say I hate Russians
But I'm not the only one
And the world will be free of Russians
Wow! Nicely done.

you are a broken record. I was responding the the Amnesty findings

Judging by your posts, you so often seem dumbfounded by how Internet forums work. Allow me to be the training wheels on your bicycle careening along the information superhighway.

Everyone knows you were responding to the Amnesty findings. That isn't news to anyone, except perhaps to you, due to your need to remind yourself of it.

He was responding to your post. The gigantic hint indicating that he was responding to your post was that he quoted your post. In your post, you added something new. The new observation--the one to which Heisenberg responded, and which was not contained in the Amnesty findings--was the following assertion by you and you alone that was so bafflingly dumb that I found it uplifting:

anatta said:
ain't nobody taking the high road in this slugfest

Heisenberg patiently explained why your opinion is wrong.

Your response was nonsensical, and you seemed unaware of it. Now you are aware of it.

And thank you for your thoughts and opinions too.

Wow! Nicely done.

There you are! That much vaunted ISW- Instute for the Study of War- may have to eat some crow. Just July 31st, a few days ago, they posted an expert opinion that Russia had little chance of taking Bakhmut. Now the Wagner Ochestra is performing in Patrice Lumumba St in Bakhmut. Good thing someone remembered that ISW expert opinion.

There you are! That much vaunted ISW- Instute for the Study of War- may have to eat some crow. Just July 31st, a few days ago, they posted an expert opinion that Russia had little chance of taking Bakhmut. Now the Wagner Ochestra is performing in Patrice Lumumba St in Bakhmut. Good thing someone remembered that ISW expert opinion.

Russians taking a village. Really big news.

Russians taking a village. Really big news.

You should have been in my shoes during the 1st Quarter, the Kyiv phase. You guys were giddy as Russia was getting sacked left and right. After a bad 1st Quarter any yardage gained in 2nd Quarter is big. I cant wait for 3rd Quarter. Right now Russia is just running the ball for small yardages. 3rd Quarter? It will be long passes down field. I will be giddy the way you were in 1st Quarter

Judging by your posts, you so often seem dumbfounded by how Internet forums work. Allow me to be the training wheels on your bicycle careening along the information superhighway.

Everyone knows you were responding to the Amnesty findings. That isn't news to anyone, except perhaps to you, due to your need to remind yourself of it.

He was responding to your post. The gigantic hint indicating that he was responding to your post was that he quoted your post. In your post, you added something new. The new observation--the one to which Heisenberg responded, and which was not contained in the Amnesty findings--was the following assertion by you and you alone that was so bafflingly dumb that I found it uplifting:

Heisenberg patiently explained why your opinion is wrong.

Your response was nonsensical, and you seemed unaware of it. Now you are aware of it.
so you write 2 posts, including this wordy junk pile to explain what I wrote - when the only "added observation" was me telling
Heisenberg he's a broken record? or are you trying to say yet more nothingness contained in this blandishment?

There is a reason I responded the way I did.
it might not be up to your standards, or you are more likely just an argumentative bitch.

To cut to the chase -desperately needed here when there are 2 of your posts argumentative over my simple reply-
I suggest you get over it. Or as was said more eloquently then I can muster up:

The moving finger writes; and, having writ, moves on:
nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word ...Omar Khayyám

so you write 2 posts, including this wordy junk pile to explain what I wrote - when the only "added observation" was me telling
Heisenberg he's a broken record? or are you trying to say yet more nothingness contained in this blandishment?

There is a reason I responded the way I did.
it might not be up to your standards, or you are more likely just an argumentative bitch.

To cut to the chase -desperately needed here when there are 2 of your posts argumentative over my simple reply-
I suggest you get over it. Or as was said more eloquently then I can muster up:

The moving finger writes; and, having writ, moves on:
nor all thy piety nor wit shall lure it back to cancel half a line, nor all thy tears wash out a word ...Omar Khayyám

Another quote comes to mind when reading pro Russian nonsense....

"It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."
- Macbeth

Wars = war crimes committed by all - difference is when used as a deliberate part of strategy.
Makes it policy .
Yes UAF has committed war crimes- deliberate strategy - Nope
Russia Yes
@anatta you do see the difference?
While I appreciate your thoughtful distinction; to be blunt - tell it to the dead. war is a crime against humanity. always was/always is.
My way was to try everything to avoid where we are. more diplomacy, less threats against Putin
Less NATO expansion, more consideration of Russian red lines as being legit as any other state

Less meddling in Ukraine politics for our desires (Neocons at the Maidan /Nuland jockying the next governement)

Recall the maxim. "War is the ultimate failure of diplomacy" -we didn't really try the diplomatic approach
We relied on Russiaphobia / "unipolarism" and as Kissinger succinctly said

“demonization of Vladimir Putin is not a policy; it is an alibi for the absence of one.” ( Kissinger)

Back
Top Bottom