• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#23,579]Ukraine War Thread

It appears that Israel might be having to quit the obstructionist fence siting and decide on who's side its on:​

Scoop: Ukraine asks Israel to share intel on Iranian support to Russian military

Ukraine asked Israel to share intelligence on any support Iran is giving to the Russian military in the war, senior Israeli officials told Axios.
Driving the news: Russia in recent days attacked several Ukrainian military positions with “Kamikaze drones” that Ukraine's military said were repainted Iranian Shahed-136 drones.

• The U.S. and Ukraine have accused Iran of sending hundreds of sophisticated attack drones to Russia — an allegation Tehran denied.
  • Ukrainian military commanders told the Wall Street Journal the Iranian drones gave the Russians a significant advantage in several areas.
Between the lines: Russia and Iran have grown increasingly close as the world seeks to isolate Moscow because of its invasion.

Behind the scenes: Israel's deputy director general for Euro-Asia Simona Halperin, who is in charge of the Russia and Ukraine files, visited Kyiv with the Israeli ambassador on Sept. 7. They met with Maksym Subkh, Ukraine's special representative for the Middle East, according to Israeli officials.

• Subkh said Ukraine wants to establish a “dialogue channel” with Israel about Middle East issues in order to share information and intelligence and coordinate positions, the Israeli officials said... Subkh stressed that Ukraine is opposed to the lifting of sanctions on Iran if a nuclear deal is signed, saying it will enable greater military cooperation between Tehran and Moscow...
  • Subkh said his country wants Israel to give military aid either directly or indirectly through third parties and join the international sanctions against Moscow, including the sanctions against individuals, the Israeli officials said.
State of play: Before Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the Israeli Defense Ministry gave an export license to Israeli companies that wanted to sell anti-drone systems to Ukraine. But when the war started, these licenses were suspended.
  • Last week, the Times of Israel reported that an Israeli company sold an anti-drone system to Poland in order to transfer it to the Ukrainian military.
  • According to the report, the Israeli Defense Ministry understood the system’s end user will be Ukraine but decided not to intervene.

1663907802770.png

Kuzgun precision-guided munition is a new generation product family of 100 kg class, designed to meet the needs of tactically guided munition, modular in terms of propulsion and methods of navigation or warhead guidance, low cost, suitable for reusable, high impact accuracy and low lateral damage.

Let Ukraine test these for you!

Last edited:
The Russians appear to be engaging in a mobilization strategy that involves ethnically cleansing their own population by sending minority ethnic groups to die in Ukraine.

As expected...( Maybe that should actually make me a little suspicious of the information...)

I feel bad for the draftees.

I know. I know a lot of countries are barring Russian entrants, but I would encourage as many of Russia's neighbors into opening up the doors in order to take in as many Russian men as possible to drain Russian manpower dry. It is hard for Russia to carry out a genocidal war of national extirpation and naked conquest without the men to do the genociding with.

Last edited:
Putin clearly, unambiguously threatening the use of nuclear weapons, followed by Medvedev's doubling down rather strongly suggests that it's time to extend a no-fly/no-strike zone over Ukraine. I'm not sure how much it matters, in the conduct of the war itself. I leave that assessment to people who know more about these things than I do. But, I think matching his ante will test whether or not he can wrangle any support for an invasion that cannot be accompanied by missile strikes or whatever it is Moscow can currently muster as air support. Let him send 300k blood offerings to Moloch during the rasputitsa with the skies denied to him.

Maybe it is time to do some nuclear sabre rattling of our own.

In 2010, in response to China testing new missiles in the East China sea, three American Ohio class boomers surfaced simultaneously in a show of force.
If Turkey would give permission for transit it would be nice to have one surface in the Black Sea accompanied by one each in the Baltic Sea and Barents Sea.

I feel bad for the draftees.
This is going to be an absolute shit show for Russia, but I have no idea what form it's going to take. Mass surrenders? Mass casualties? Mass desertions? They ain't gonna be the commando force in Predator, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Putin clearly, unambiguously threatening the use of nuclear weapons, followed by Medvedev's doubling down rather strongly suggests that it's time to extend a no-fly/no-strike zone over Ukraine. I'm not sure how much it matters, in the conduct of the war itself. I leave that assessment to people who know more about these things than I do. But, I think matching his ante will test whether or not he can wrangle any support for an invasion that cannot be accompanied by missile strikes or whatever it is Moscow can currently muster as air support. Let him send 300k blood offerings to Moloch during the rasputitsa with the skies denied to him.
Do you think Putin would really comply to a no fly zone? And from what I have seen, what little control Russia may have had over the skies is dwindling. I read 10 Russia MIGS were downed in the recent offensive. That's a big loss if true!

Back
Top Bottom