• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine War: Russian Troops Forced Out Of Eastern Town Lyman

Lol is am extremely ignorant way to end your post.
This is as serious as a heartatrack.

People have a way of assuming that what has always been in their life will always be.
I fully expect this will cause Putin to respond. He has to. Its Russian soil now.
And if you think using nukes will be limited to Asia after Putin starts, I got a bridge to sell you.

I said this back in February, this may well be more than another American TV war
It may be time to duck and cover.
I ran a referendum in Russia and it came out 100% in my favor and so now I have annexed Russia and I will name it Chris.

I ran a referendum in Russia and it came out 100% in my favor and so now I have annexed Russia and I will name it Chris.

And if you had any might you would be part of the fight.
Such stupid posts.
Just posts jacked up on propaganda.

Why do I need might? Putin didn't have any, clearly.

Chris is mine. I love him.

More full throttle stupidity. How big is your military , Chris? How many nukes do you have? More than any country on earth? How many men can you call up if you need more for your army?
So many ****in dumb the posts here at DP.

More full throttle stupidity. How big is your military , Chris? How many nukes do you have? More than any country on earth? How many men can you call up if you need more for your army?
So many ****in dumb the posts here at DP.
I don't need to hold territory to claim it. That precedent has already been set. Chris is mine you can't have him.

If Putin's strategy was to retreat, he would not have annexed the land. Why is this so hard to understand ?
Putin has chemicals and nukes. Why on earth will he just go away.
Your posts are just stupid.
The moment he threatened nukes, the chance of there being a negotiated settlement disappeared in a puff of MAD.

If Putin's strategy was to retreat, he would not have annexed the land. Why is this so hard to understand ?
That's your opinion. Very easy to understand. My opinion differs.

Putin's strategy is to win. If he were succeeding militarily (as this thread topic seems to disprove), he would have no need for fake elections and phony pompous ceremonial speeches intended for only the internal audience. He'd be pushing into Kiev.

No one recognizes this annexation. It's meaningless propaganda.
Putin has chemicals and nukes. Why on earth will he just go away.
Your posts are just stupid.
Russia has had these weapons continuously yet ran away from Afghanistan.

Hitler top annexed territory, it's an old trick.

All of this talk of strategic nukes is just that, scare mongering. It's the only card the botox filled Putin has left too play.

The only exit ramp for Putin is too pull back to his own borders, anything less is unacceptable.

No appeasing autocrats Comrade!

Unless it’s the House of Saud or other US backed tyrants. Those guys, we’ll appease the shit out of ;)

Indonesia annexed East Timor with full US support and proceeded to carry out large scale mass murder. Where were the Hitler comparisons?

And if Putin isn't checked it will encourage China to take Tiawan.

The most dangerous course of action would be to let Putin get away with it.
And Putzin would attempt to engage in "special military operations" in other European countries.

The bully needs to be beaten and humiliated. And we are more then happy to supply Ukraine with the baseball bat to do just that.

And Putzin would attempt to engage in "special military operations" in other European countries.

The bully needs to be beaten and humiliated. And we are more then happy to supply Ukraine with the baseball bat to do just that.

Did the US getting beaten and humiliated in Vietnam deter it from starting other wars of aggression?

No?

Then why do we think Russia would be so?

China will take Taiwan. I dont understand why this is debated.
This has zero to do with Ukraine.
It has to do with "signs of weakness".

We cannot show weakness in the face of Russia's aggression. Otherwise, it would embolden China, who figures "Ha! They let Putin get away with his murder spree, so they'll let us get away with ours!"

It will be a cold and bitter winter without natural gas.

Too bad GOPs weren’t more forceful in their support of Ukraine and AGAINST their fave Vlad.

Even Xi is more opposed to Vlad’s war than the GOP.

That's not accurate. There won't be a dearth of natural gas and only a small minority of the GOP hasn't been supportive of Ukraine. I definitely not a GOP supporter but please be accurate.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 3.19.37 PM.png

The horror stories of life under Russia's thumb will start coming out soon.

Last week it was mass graves in Izyum (including burn pits containing bound victims).
What will it be from Lyman? I cringe at the thought.

That's not accurate. There won't be a dearth of natural gas and only a small minority of the GOP hasn't been supportive of Ukraine. I definitely not a GOP supporter but please be accurate.

View attachment 67416123
Do you call 31 gop senators and 57 gop house members opposed to Ukraine aid a small number? If so, don’t bother replying. That’s just this package. I don’t have time for your support of these GOPutins.

Do you call 31 gop senators and 57 gop house members opposed to Ukraine aid a small number? If so, don’t bother replying. That’s just this package. I don’t have time for your support of these GOPutins.
And I've never supported the GOP. I loathe the GOP, especially what it has become since Trump became president. And I consider Putin a war criminal and dictator that needs to be hanged.

435 house members and 100 senators.

13 percent of house members isn't a massive amount of opposition to aid to Ukraine. (57 out of 435. )

And the last figures I saw of senators opposed to aid to Ukraine was only 11. That's 11 percent!

Do you have a citation for 31?

You did realize Darth Putin is a parody right?

And I've never supported the GOP. I loathe the GOP, especially what it has become since Trump became president. And I consider Putin a war criminal and dictator that needs to be hanged.

435 house members and 100 senators.

13 percent of house members isn't a massive amount of opposition to aid to Ukraine. (57 out of 435. )

And the last figures I saw of senators opposed to aid to Ukraine was only 11. That's 11 percent!

Do you have a citation for 31?

You did realize Darth Putin is a parody right?
Good luck with Ukraine aid when the GOP takes over.
One Senator is a majority when opposing Ukraine aid.
Too many searches of these GOP traitors …

Lol is am extremely ignorant way to end your post.
This is as serious as a heartatrack.

He was alluding to the fact that Putin had just falsely claimed that area as Russian soil and that he would defend Russian soil by any means.

I fully expect this will cause Putin to respond. He has to. Its Russian soil now.

The Ukrainians would disagree with you...as would the entire Western world.

And if you think using nukes will be limited to Asia after Putin starts, I got a bridge to sell you.

Asia ?
Who is talking about Asia ?

I said this back in February, this may well be more than another American TV war
It may be time to duck and cover.

Russia will not go nuclear...

1. It dare not for fear of the consequences (retaliation from the West and loss of what support it still has in the world)
2. The use of "tactical" nuclear weapons would not prove to be decisive anyway

You're big on spouting your uninformed opinion, low on sources.

Good luck with Ukraine aid when the GOP takes over.
One Senator is a majority when opposing Ukraine aid.
Too many searches of these GOP traitors …
GOP isn't taking over. They screwed the pooch with their packed court knocking down Roe vs. Wade. Women will come out to vote against the republicans in the thousands. And there are other factors working against them too.

Even my neighbors that voted for Trump are disgusted with him and the republican party and don't miss a vote.

It has to do with "signs of weakness".

We cannot show weakness in the face of Russia's aggression. Otherwise, it would embolden China, who figures "Ha! They let Putin get away with his murder spree, so they'll let us get away with ours!"

We have acted with far more resolve than Putin ever considered. We can't light the world on fire 🔥 however.

I think Joe is handling this very well. He has been tough as nails without escalation.

Now may well be time for diplomacy as Putin put himself in a box. We need to let him out. It's not going to be easy as I see no way he will ever give up Russian soil.

We have acted with far more resolve than Putin ever considered. We can't light the world on fire 🔥 however.

I think Joe is handling this very well. He has been tough as nails without escalation.

Now may well be time for diplomacy as Putin put himself in a box. We need to let him out. It's not going to be easy as I see no way he will ever give up Russian soil.
No one is asking him to give up Russian soil. All he has to do is get off of Ukrainian soil.

And no, his illegal referendum and silly claims of annexation aside, the areas he claimed to have annexed are not Russian Soil.

Back
Top Bottom