• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Forces Retake Village Outside Kharkiv

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Some good news from Ukraine.

The Ukraine military are now attacking Russians to retake a village outside Kharkiv.

I hope that they continue to force the russian military out of their nation.

I wish this war had never started.

This might be Putin's "Little Big Horn". Once the Russian soldier's bodies come home, combined with the sanctions - Putin's going to be found in a spider-hole, like Sadaam.

This might be Putin's "Little Big Horn". Once the Russian soldier's bodies come home, combined with the sanctions - Putin's going to be found in a spider-hole, like Sadaam.

......so he’s going to go on to win the war decisively?

Because, err, that’s what happened. The Native American coalition effectively collapsed following their victory.

The US is always under the impression that any dictatorship we oppose is as fragile as glass and that it’ll topple if only we yell loud enough. Reality shows otherwise.

Because, err, that’s what happened. The Native American coalition effectively collapsed following their victory.

The US is always under the impression that any dictatorship we oppose is as fragile as glass and that it’ll topple if only we yell loud enough. Reality shows otherwise.

Are you sad that Putin is losing ground? :)

Are you sad that Putin is losing ground? :)
Nope. I am sad that jingoistic idiots have decided the Azov thugs are “heroes” though.

That said, turning a report of a village changing hands into “the Russians are losing ground!” is pretty much the definition of making a mountain of a molehill 😂

Here's why I don't believe you:

I am sad that jingoistic idiots have decided the Azov thugs are “heroes” though.

That said, turning a report of a village changing hands into “the Russians are losing ground!” is pretty much the definition of making a mountain of a molehill 😂

Nobody cares what people dumb enough to buy into the “Putin is literally Hitler” drivel think.

More dishonesty. I have never said that. Meanwhile you keep whiffing and acting like Ukraine's pushing back against Russia is not a good thing.

As he is a midget, the hole won’t have to be very deep….

More dishonesty. I have never said that. Meanwhile you keep whiffing and acting like Ukraine's pushing back against Russia is not a good thing.
Who said that?

I pointed out it was the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill. When you get all fired up over some obscure village changing hands….that’s enough to tell you the war’s not going well, no matter what anyone wants to admit.

Who said that?

You did, and you did it again right here:

I pointed out it was the definition of making a mountain out of a molehill. When you get all fired up over some obscure village changing hands….that’s enough to tell you the war’s not going well, no matter what anyone wants to admit.

Putin should have conquered Ukraine by now. You're right that this war's not going well, but not in the way that you want us to think.

You did, and you did it again right here:

Putin should have conquered Ukraine by now. You're right that this war's not going well, but not in the way that you want us to think.

The impression that the Ukrainians would just roll over with all their top of the line western equipment and die says more about the Westerners assuming it than it does anyone else.

But I’m not surprised that reality has you befuddled.

The impression that the Ukrainians would just roll over with all their top of the line western equipment and die says more about the Westerners assuming it than it does anyone else.

But I’m not surprised that reality has you befuddled.

Tell us, Tiger: If Ukraine is able to push Russian troops back to Russia and no further, will Ukrainians treat that like a victory?

Tell us, Tiger: If Ukraine is able to push Russian troops back to Russia and no further, will Ukrainians treat that like a victory?

Depends on what we are calling Russia. I’m sure, for instance, there’ll be moaning over Crimea, but funnily enough I don’t see the Russians ever giving that one back.

Depends on what we are calling Russia.

Russia proper, where the border actually is. Now answer my question if you can.

I’m sure, for instance, there’ll be moaning over Crimea, but funnily enough I don’t see the Russians ever giving that one back.

Did Putin bomb Crimea when he took it over?

Russia proper, where the border actually is. Now answer my question if you can.

Did Putin bomb Crimea when he took it over?

And how, exactly, are they supposed to have done that?

Nope. Your point?

Nope. I am sad that jingoistic idiots have decided the Azov thugs are “heroes” though.

I guess you didn't read that article I posted.

It will tell you why retaking that village is important.

Since you won't read it I'll tell you why.

russia was using that village to launch attacks on Kharkiv.

So now the bomb attacks they were launching from that village have stopped.

That is why this is important and not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You give me the impression you don't understand that everything starts with a first step. That first step can lead to more steps and after a while, those steps add up to being something significant.

I saw on the news American warriors are going over to Ukraine to join in on the killing of the Russian pigs. I'm sure there are other fighters joining in as well.

I guess you didn't read that article I posted.

It will tell you why retaking that village is important.

Since you won't read it I'll tell you why.

russia was using that village to launch attacks on Kharkiv.

So now the bomb attacks they were launching from that village have stopped.

That is why this is important and not making a mountain out of a mole hill.

You give me the impression you don't understand that everything starts with a first step. That first step can lead to more steps and after a while, those steps add up to being something significant.
You do realize where Kharkiv is….right?

One village is not what determines whether it gets shelled or not.

In this case it's a leader who is already paranoid and has been centralizing power and cracking down on protests for precisely this reason. I am not putting any bets on Putin being usurped. What I do see is a world where Russia ends up the pariah for a while.

Russia's military is not strong barring the nukes. Their methods go back to the dark ages for the combat soldiers.

Back
Top Bottom