• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Email: Smoking Gun

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
The timeline matches the narrative, the House narrative.

Newly released emails offer more details in timeline of pause to Ukraine aid - CNNPolitics

Shortly after President Donald Trump spoke to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on July 25, Trump's political appointees were already tasked with carrying out a freeze on security funding for Ukraine, newly released government documents show.

"Based on guidance I have received and in light of the Administration's plan to review assistance to Ukraine, including the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, please hold off on any additional DoD obligations of these funds, pending direction from that process," Mike Duffey, the White House official in the Office of Management and Budget responsible for overseeing national security money and a Trump political appointee, wrote to select OMB and Pentagon officials on July 25.

Duffey's email suggests that he knew the hold could raise concerns.

This is the biggest smoking gun since it was revealed that hologram planes hit the Twin Towers & Pentagon.

:eek:

This is the biggest smoking gun since it was revealed that hologram planes hit the Twin Towers & Pentagon.

Merry Christmas, 3L.

"Based on guidance I have received and in light of the Administration's plan to review assistance to Ukraine, including the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, please hold off on any additional DoD obligations of these funds, pending direction from that process," Mike Duffey, the White House official in the Office of Management and Budget responsible for overseeing national security money and a Trump political appointee, wrote to select OMB and Pentagon officials on July 25.

The next paragraph is very cloak and dagger.

"Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute direction,"

This isn't the same as the tapes Nixon turned over, it's not a smoking gun, but damn, it's getting very close to the barrel of that gun. The timeline is very important, that's why democrats want Mick Mulvaney to testify, he's the one that ordered the OMB to hold up the funds.

The fact that the Ukrainian aid funding release was delayed has never been in doubt. This bombshell appears to be pretty much a dud.

Only to the Cult.

You have to read between the lines.

"Guidance" is really a secret Trump code for "I can't possibly beat Biden head to head so I have to do something! Please, please help me!"

"Duffy", while it might appear to be someone's name, is a code word for "Putin".

"Funds" really means "Unless Biden ends up on a gallows these guys don't get one red cent!"

Keep this up, and the witnesses will just be the icing on the cake.

Sooooo ... what does this story add to what we already knew?

Umm...a simple and unbiased reading of the snippet cited in the OP does not show anything other than instructions to hold funds until further directions.

I'd say this is not the first time under any Presidency over the last 20 years that the same or similar kinds of emails have been sent regarding Presidential actions in dispensing aid.

Where is the "smoking gun?" Does anyone see "hold aid until the President gets dirt on Biden" evidence here?

Even the article itself doesn't say the email evidence shows anything. They simply "speculate" as to it's value.

Why anyone would think this email is evidence of anything nefarious...would IMO appear to be wholly based on confirmation bias. :coffeepap:

Last edited:
The fact that the Ukrainian aid funding release was delayed has never been in doubt. This bombshell appears to be pretty much a dud.

Is that why Trump’s apologists have tried to falsely claim that the Ukranians didn’t know about it, or why the Trump team tried to keep it secret.

It is clear that alarm bells went off all over the State, Defense departments and the OMB when it became clear that the White House had latched onto the idea of sitting on this aid in order to pressure Zelinsky into announcing an investigation.

Of course, all this was after Trump’s chummy meeting with Putin at the G-20.

Umm...a simple and unbiased reading of the snippet cited in the OP does not show anything other than instructions to hold funds until further directions.

I'd say this is not the first time under any Presidency over the last 20 years that the same or similar kinds of emails have been sent regarding Presidential actions in dispensing aid.

Where is the "smoking gun?" Does anyone see "hold aid until the President get dirt on Biden" evidence here?

Why anyone would think this email is evidence of anything nefarious...would IMO appear to be wholly based on confirmation bias. :coffeepap:

Admittedly so. It’s not as big a deal as it seems. But it does add to the documentary evidence. Also, the request to keep a lid on it is noteworthy.

You have to read between the lines.

"Guidance" is really a secret Trump code for "I can't possibly beat Biden head to head so I have to do something! Please, please help me!"

"Duffy", while it might appear to be someone's name, is a code word for "Putin".

"Funds" really means "Unless Biden ends up on a gallows these guys don't get one red cent!"

It means that from now on, it is not any presidents business when Americans involve themselves in graft overseas. That is certainly a great situation if you are connected enough to get your hand in the money pot!

The Ukraine Embassy in Washington was already asking State about the missing funding on July 25, the same day as Trump's call to Zelenskyy.

EMUocN8X0AAsBuC

This will only get worse for Dumpy as more and more evidence becomes available, like what we saw released late last night.

The fact that everything that comes out supports the allegation that trump extorted zelensky, and nothing that comes out undermines that allegation.

So, you agree. "The timeline matches the narrative, the House narrative."

The fact that everything that comes out supports the allegation that trump extorted zelensky, and nothing that comes out undermines that allegation.

Nothing but the transcript.
(You must be bored this morning to try to peddle that evidence-free "malarkey")

So, you agree. "The timeline matches the narrative, the House narrative."

The events have never been argued.
The House motivation narrative remains a fiction.
IOW, the words in the transcript stand.

The events have never been argued.
The House motivation narrative remains a fiction.
IOW, the words in the transcript stand.

:roll:

:2rofll:

The next paragraph is very cloak and dagger.

"Given the sensitive nature of the request, I appreciate your keeping that information closely held to those who need to know to execute direction,"

This isn't the same as the tapes Nixon turned over, it's not a smoking gun, but damn, it's getting very close to the barrel of that gun. The timeline is very important, that's why democrats want Mick Mulvaney to testify, he's the one that ordered the OMB to hold up the funds.

Yes there is no doubt that "sensistive" means illegal and everybody involved knew it. The consciousness of guilt is strong . As far as Mick is concerned he already confessed. Perhaps they should play the tape of his press conference at the trial.

When did "the Cult" ever deny that the Ukrainian aid release was delayed? Yep, never.

For quite a while they tried to pretend like the timeline differed, that Trump held up the aid in a manner that wasn't consistent with the allegations.

For quite a while they tried to pretend like the timeline differed, that Trump held up the aid in a manner that wasn't consistent with the allegations.

Correlation is not proof of causation.

Back
Top Bottom