• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ukraine Asks China to Mediate Ceasefire with Russia

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
So let me get this straight -- China instigates Putin into invading Ukraine -- and Ukraine now thinks China is their new hero & savior?
Are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?!
Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Ukraine has asked China to use its ties with Moscow to convince Russia to stop its invasion of the country.
Foreign minister Dmytro Kuleba made the request of his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi in a phone call on Tuesday, according to a statement from the Ukrainian foreign ministry.
The statement said that China’s Foreign Minister told Mr Kuleba that Beijing was ready to make every effort to help end the war through diplomacy.
A Chinese readout, that cites Mr Kuleba, said: “Ukraine is willing to strengthen communications with China, and it looks forward to China playing a mediation role in achieving a ceasefire.”
Mr Wang was also said to have been “extremely concerned about the harm to civilians” in the ongoing conflict.

Ukrainian govt are ****ing amateur hour. Bunch of ****ing morons.
Comedian+Boxer = Slapping Yourselves Silly

Gotta give credit to that crook Xi though, for his 4D chess. He's played everybody like a fiddle.

Last edited:
Russia's military is a joke... Their economy is 3rd world... If Putin latches onto China he will be China's bitch...

Xi now knows Putin and his economy and military is a joke... Xi will have Putin bending over and taking it and smiling...

I don't recall hearing anything about China instigating the Russian invasion, just that they requested Russia put off the invasion until the Olympics were over. Got a link?

This conflict will result in ~200 nations losing something and 1 nation, China, coming out ahead.

So let me get this straight -- China instigates Putin into invading Ukraine -- and Ukraine now thinks China is their new hero & savior?
Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Gotta give credit to that crook Xi though, for his 4D chess. He's played everybody like a fiddle.
They're desperate, and out of good options. Appealing to the vanity of China is about all they have left.

China already showed where they stood on the matter when they played the Biden adminstration.

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Wow. First America is responsible for the invasion, then NATO, then Ukraine itself, now China. At no point can you consider the possibility that Putin is responsible for invading a sovereign nation.

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Well, if the Russians will not listen to the Americans, maybe they will listen to the Chinese.

And maybe the Ukrainians simply don't think that the word of the US government is actually something that they can rely on.

Face it, if the Chinese DO manage to "mediate" the situation the result is (very[?]) likely to be that the Ukraine DOES lose some territory (which is heavily majority Russian) and the Russians will end up having a more secure Crimea AND that Ukraine becomes "China Friendly"

Well, if the Russians will not listen to the Americans, maybe they will listen to the Chinese.

The Russians and the Chinese are in cahoots. Do you know what "Good Cop, Bad Cop" means?

And maybe the Ukrainians simply don't think that the word of the US government is actually something that they can rely on.

Face it, if the Chinese DO manage to "mediate" the situation the result is (very[?]) likely to be that the Ukraine DOES lose some territory (which is heavily majority Russian) and the Russians will end up having a more secure Crimea AND that Ukraine becomes "China Friendly"

The Chinese have helped create this situation, so that they can come out ahead from it.

The Russians and the Chinese are in cahoots. Do you know what "Good Cop, Bad Cop" means?
Yep, it means "When WE do it, it's just peachy keen, but when THEY do it, it's terrible."
The Chinese have helped create this situation, so that they can come out ahead from it.
And the US has never helped create a situation so that it could come out ahead from it?

Oh sssssssssssssuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I don't recall hearing anything about China instigating the Russian invasion, just that they requested Russia put off the invasion until the Olympics were over. Got a link?

I don’t recall anyone making that claim except you.

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Are they mixing up Ukraine with the Biden Administration? This sounds like something Kamala and Blinken would suggest

Wow. First America is responsible for the invasion, then NATO, then Ukraine itself, now China. At no point can you consider the possibility that Putin is responsible for invading a sovereign nation.

China could put pressure on russia, but they are buddies. So one thing is correct about the OP, China is on the side of Russia. they knew about invasion plans, those assholes wanted to blame US for Russia's invasion and they are still defending Russia.

I wish our corporations weren't such greedy scum, manufacturing needs to be brought back to US and China can go F themselves.

China could put pressure on russia, but they are buddies. So one thing is correct about the OP, China is on the side of Russia. they knew about invasion plans, those assholes wanted to blame US for Russia's invasion and they are still defending Russia.

I wish our corporations weren't such greedy scum, manufacturing needs to be brought back to US and China can go F themselves.
It would be very easy to bring manufacturing back to the US. All that would be needed would be

[1a] for American companies to abandon that share of the international market that the currently hold and into which they are selling goods NOT made in America;​
and​
[1b] for American consumers to adjust their spending habits to account for the 30+% increase in the costs of items currently manufactured outside of the US by American companies;​
or​
[2] for American workers to lower their wages so as to match the wage cost of production in those foreign production facilities (that would mean a whole lot less production);​
or​
[3] for American companies to build new production facilities which lower the wage cost of production in those foreign production facilities (that would mean a whole lot fewer employees).​

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

Alternate option.
China knew invading Ukraine would harm Russia in multiple ways, and pushed them to do it to weaken Russia so their influence over them would grow.

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

The free world has turned their back on the Ukraine and is openly hostile toward Russia. What choice do they have to broker peace if not with China mediating. If anyone has any influence with Russia it's most likely china.

The free world has turned their back on the Ukraine and is openly hostile toward Russia. What choice do they have to broker peace if not with China mediating. If anyone has any influence with Russia it's most likely china.

China is in cahoots with Putin on this Ukraine invasion. China now gets to play the Good Cop to Putin's Bad Cop. China has quid pro quo with Putin on Taiwan.

So next when China invades Taiwan, then will Putin be called upon to mediate? That would be role-reversal.

Alternate option.
China knew invading Ukraine would harm Russia in multiple ways, and pushed them to do it to weaken Russia so their influence over them would grow.
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonaparte

Alternate option.

China wants Taiwan, Russia wants Ukraine, so it's quid pro quo

China is in cahoots with Putin on this Ukraine invasion. China now gets to play the Good Cop to Putin's Bad Cop. China has quid pro quo with Putin on Taiwan.

So next when China invades Taiwan, then will Putin be called upon to mediate? That would be role-reversal.
If we have no interest in assisting Ukraine why should Taiwan be viewed differently?

Good Cop, Bad Cop??

How did China instigate Putin into invading Ukraine?

How did China instigate Putin into invading Ukraine?

There's clear quid pro quo between Moscow and Beijing. There's no way Putin would have dared invade Ukraine on his own without foreign backing. which China is clearly giving.
Russia and China signed major energy supply agreements right before Putin's invasion of Ukraine. That's no coincidence -- that's Putin's insurance policy.
China wants Taiwan, Russia wants Ukraine, and the Ukraine invasion clearly helps China to divert attention from its plans to grab Taiwan.

If we have no interest in assisting Ukraine why should Taiwan be viewed differently?

It's a good question -- is the US a reliable ally to Taiwan? And what about Japan, or South Korea? After all, there's no NATO alliance in East Asia to help support that.
There's now suddenly a new AUKUS alliance -- though strangely, UK isn't located in the Asia-Pacific region -- with no actual Asian countries in that alliance.

Back
Top Bottom