• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[Ukraine] A little town called Izyum

Juin

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Just some 50,000 inhabitants. So a small town, or big village. But combat had been raging there for weeks. The Army of the Russian Federation appears to have seized it. Its still a pinprick, but can create a dangerous situation for Ukraine's Donbass Army. It could develop into a Sedan for Ukraine if forces are not rushed to plug that gap. Izyum sits to the south of Kharkiv, but also behind the Ukrainian Armies deployed to the east in Donbass to hold the line against the separatist Republics. Can the Armies of the Federation exploit that gap? Can Ukraine rush in forces to plug that gap?

Opinions appear to suggest that the areas around the little town of Izyum may draw a lot of attention in the near future

Just some 50,000 inhabitants. So a small town, or big village. But combat had been raging there for weeks. The Army of the Russian Federation appears to have seized it. Its still a pinprick, but can create a dangerous situation for Ukraine's Donbass Army. It could develop into a Sedan for Ukraine if forces are not rushed to plug that gap. Izyum sits to the south of Kharkiv, but also behind the Ukrainian Armies deployed to the east in Donbass to hold the line against the separatist Republics. Can the Armies of the Federation exploit that gap? Can Ukraine rush in forces to plug that gap?

Opinions appear to suggest that the areas around the little town of Izyum may draw a lot of attention in the near future
Its been fortified for 8 years, tunnel systems have been dug into the houses, basically a fortress. The threat of encirclement is getting realer by the day

Its been fortified for 8 years, tunnel systems have been dug into the houses, basically a fortress. The threat of encirclement is getting realer by the day

The Ukrainian spin machine appears to have been especially busy following the Izyum loss. It is spinning fantastic tales of "chemical" warfare by residents of Izyum district. I am not sure whether this one is to boost morale, or what. But the spin Department is claiming the residents of Izyum offered poisoned pies to Russia soldiers, as a result of which 2 Russian soldiers are dead, and another 28 in intensive care. Another 500 Russian soldiers are hospitalised from drinking poisoned alcohol!

Wasnt there talk of residents in those besieged areas needing humanitarian corridors so food can be delivered? Turns out they were so stocked with food that they had pies to spare, to poison and feed to Russian soldiers!

The Ukrainian spin machine appears to have been especially busy following the Izyum loss. It is spinning fantastic tales of "chemical" warfare by residents of Izyum district. I am not sure whether this one is to boost morale, or what. But the spin Department is claiming the residents of Izyum offered poisoned pies to Russia soldiers, as a result of which 2 Russian soldiers are dead, and another 28 in intensive care. Another 500 Russian soldiers are hospitalised from drinking poisoned alcohol!

Wasnt there talk of residents in those besieged areas needing humanitarian corridors so food can be delivered? Turns out they were so stocked with food that they had pies to spare, to poison and feed to Russian soldiers!

The problem with doing that is the Russians will most likely lash out violently in retaliation.

The problem with doing that is the Russians will most likely lash out violently in retaliation.
Smells like bullshit to me.

Maybe food poisoning from MRE's and the Ukranians went into high spin mode? " Yeah WE did that."

I dont think it happened. It just seems to me like the kinds of wild rumours that swirl around in wars. There may be Russian soldiers suffering from food poisoning, but I dont believe it is from locals poisoning.

Back
Top Bottom