• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK school bans meat because... of climate change

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

In the letter to parents last week, headteacher Rachel Tomlinson said she had made the decision to offer only vegetarian lunches over a year ago to "stop climate change".

She highlighted that the livestock industry has a huge carbon footprint and meat and dairy products "come at a huge environmental cost".

It concluded: "If you still want to send packed lunches, could you please consider meat-free options to further support us in doing our bit to reduce carbon emissions as a school community?"

And so it begins. The climate cult will tell you what to eat from now on, and you must obey!

If the community doesn't support it, then the policy will probably be changed back.

This is the UK though, so its also entirely possible that Jamie Oliver will just take this as a challenge and go do something awesome.

And so it begins. The climate cult will tell you what to eat from now on, and you must obey!

If you follow the link, there's a nice shot of the sign out front
of the school with some very detailed information on it.

If the community doesn't support it, then the policy will probably be changed back.
I wouldn't be too disappointed. I'm sure those running the school and their supporters will find some other way to exert their authority and worldview on the kids and their parents.

This is the UK though, so its also entirely possible that Jamie Oliver will just take this as a challenge and go do something awesome.

Never underestimate children's ability to disappoint Jamie Oliver

aBgxo6x_460swp.webp

Its pretty funny that the policy has been in place for a yeartws and some folks just noticed.

I wouldn't be too disappointed. I'm sure those running the school and their supporters will find some other way to exert their authority and worldview on the kids and their parents.
Its almost like democratic societies go back and forth on policies sometimes.

If the goal is to reduce the carbon footprint, I hope that they are only serving locally sourced vegetable-based options. Otherwise, the "carbon footprint" of going vegetarian is negated by trucking in the non-meat alternatives.

Do they eat meat at home?

Hmmmmm.

>>When approached by The Sun, Mrs Tomlinson added: "We made our school lunches meat free over a year ago, and while we have not received any complaints from parents, I'm happy to discuss it with anyone who has any queries.<<
>>And while the school claims it has hasn't received any complaints about its meals, Facebook is full of unhappy parents.
Mum Zoe Douglas is so seething at the situation she is even trying to transfer her children to a different school.
"It is a joke. I'm looking to move mine as I've had enough of that school," she said.<<

So this has been going on for over a year, and no one has complained. And still no one has really complained, except for some snowflake parents on Facebook?

Hmm, gotta tell ya here PoS, I think this "story" here is just a tempest in a teapot, doesnt seem to have a lot of merit. I won't be getting real concerned about this issue at this time.(y)

Do they eat meat at home?

They are free to bring in meat lunches on their own. Perhaps that's what most of them do anyway, thus, no one really complaining about this policy that's been in place for a year.

They are free to bring in meat lunches on their own. Perhaps that's what most of them do anyway, thus, no one really complaining about this policy that's been in place for a year.
So this is just another one of those threads trying to take the spotlight off of the ex president and his love for the Russian dictator as he invades and slaughters people?

I've noticed a bunch of those diversionary threads from the same people since the "genius" comment.

Its pretty funny that the policy has been in place for a yeartws and some folks just noticed.
That was the second thing that struck me, after notiing it was in the Lying Murdoch S*n, and not to be taken seriously. Faux news in print.

Hmmmmm.

>>When approached by The Sun, Mrs Tomlinson added: "We made our school lunches meat free over a year ago, and while we have not received any complaints from parents, I'm happy to discuss it with anyone who has any queries.<<
>>And while the school claims it has hasn't received any complaints about its meals, Facebook is full of unhappy parents.
Mum Zoe Douglas is so seething at the situation she is even trying to transfer her children to a different school.
"It is a joke. I'm looking to move mine as I've had enough of that school," she said.<<

So this has been going on for over a year, and no one has complained. And still no one has really complained, except for some snowflake parents on Facebook?

Hmm, gotta tell ya here PoS, I think this "story" here is just a tempest in a teapot, doesnt seem to have a lot of merit. I won't be getting real concerned about this issue at this time.(y)
So doing anything want is okay if it took a awhile for parents to find out? So I guess if one of their teachers molested a student and it took over a year to find out, then its okay with you both as well. Noted.

If you follow the link, there's a nice shot of the sign out front
of the school with some very detailed information on it.
You (and The Sun) forgot to lead in with "We don't want people to start sending death threats, but..."

Without that disclaimer, people might wonder why it's necessary to put a national and international spotlight on this headteacher's contact information.

So doing anything want is okay if it took a awhile for parents to find out? So I guess if one of their teachers molested a student and it took over a year to find out, then its okay with you both as well. Noted.

That's quite a harsh view of vegetarianism.

Perhaps not on vegetarianism itself, but on those who would push their choices on others!

Oh good Lord, students are free to bring in whatever food they want.

At least their teachers and school library aren't under attack.

Oh good Lord, students are free to bring in whatever food they want.

At least their teachers and school library aren't under attack.
The school is encouraging parents to pack meat free lunches, and are only providing meat free choices to those who do not pack a lunch.

That's quite a harsh view of vegetarianism.
Im questioning your excuses on this. By your logic, if it takes a long time for parents to find out, then its perfectly okay for school officials to force children onto any sort of maniacal belief or action.

Why do you hate children?

So have you stopped eating meat yet?
I love children, and I'd like to see them able to grow up in a world that remains more than just habitable.

No, but 2 days a week no animal product passes my lips. Not difficult and I've had really enjoyable and delicious meals that I wouldn't have tried otherwise.

Try giving up meat one day a week. Everybody could do that.

Vegetarian food can both be healthy and tasty so the problem is instead that many Western countries still have schools that offer no free school meals and/or only unhealthy choices. Another big problem is food deserts in big cities which leads to less and also more unhealthy and costly choices.

Their building car dependent cities have contributed to that.

Back
Top Bottom