• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK school bans meat because... of climate change

Can you read? Or do you just spew?
Will you stop making moronic excuses and answer the question?

There are more families that only or almost only serve meat dishes at home compared to families that only serve or almost only server vegetarian dishes. So that schools offering vegetarian school lunches can overall leads to more variety and choices for children. Also there can be negative health effects of eating to much meat.

Banning meat does not give more variety to children, it lessens it. English clearly isnt your primary language.

Banning meat does not give more variety to children, it lessens it. English clearly isnt your primary language.

Kids get nine meals at home and five meals at school during a school week. There more families only or almost only serve meal dishes at home, so yes serving vegetarian dishes at school will overall lead to more variety and choice for kids.

Kids get nine meals at home and five meals at school during a school week. There more families only or almost only serve meal dishes at home, so yes serving vegetarian dishes at school will overall lead to more variety and choice for kids.
Children need meat in their diets in order to help them grow. Scientific studies have confirmed this.

Why do you hate children and science so much?

You're gonna need proof for that last claim upos.

how so, if the child has fewer choices, they have fewer choices, it does need qualification.

how so, if the child has fewer choices, they have fewer choices, it does need qualification.
Meat is meat. Non meat protein comes from a variety of sources.

Meat is meat. Non meat protein comes from a variety of sources.
It does not matter, if there are say 100 possible choices of things to eat, and you
tell someone that they can only select form 50 of those 100 choices, you are limiting their selection.

If the community doesn't support it, then the policy will probably be changed back.

This is the UK though, so its also entirely possible that Jamie Oliver will just take this as a challenge and go do something awesome.
You would think that but we have seen how educators give little to no regard for parents opinions and set policy according to their own ideological beliefs.

It's not as black and white as you are painting it if the UK jas a system similar to ours.

It does not matter, if there are say 100 possible choices of things to eat, and you
tell someone that they can only select form 50 of those 100 choices, you are limiting their selection.
Only if they had considered alternative choices prior to one option being removed.

You would think that but we have seen how educators give little to no regard for parents opinions and set policy according to their own ideological beliefs.

It's not as black and white as you are painting it if the UK jas a system similar to ours.
Parents opinions are valid for their child. If they want to speak to the general there is a space for that, but it is prior to decisions being implemented.

Climate change and animal rights people are insane lunatics. Whenever they are given any power, they become complete tyrants.

If I were a parent of a child at that school I would show up with my meat smoker on a trailer and fire it up right outside the school office, and then I would be treating any kid, parent, or teacher who wanted to partake to some free BBQ. And I would be wearing an animal fur hat at the same time.

Screw that crazy woman. Humans are omnivores. We are not hamsters.

Enjoy:

Climate change and animal rights people are insane lunatics. Whenever they are given any power, they become complete tyrants.

If I were a parent of a child at that school I would show up with my meat smoker on a trailer and fire it up right outside the school office, and then I would be treating any kid, parent, or teacher who wanted to partake to some free BBQ. And I would be wearing an animal fur hat at the same time.

Screw that crazy woman. Humans are omnivores. We are not hamsters.

Enjoy:

I can't lie, the visual you painted gave me a good belly laugh thinking about the faces on those people that would be offended by your BBQ

Make sure it's a charcoal grill and not gas. 😅

I can't lie, the visual you painted gave me a good belly laugh thinking about the faces on those people that would be offended by your BBQ

Make sure it's a charcoal grill and not gas. 😅
The only think I use my gas grill these days much for is to use the high heat to season and restore my large collection of vintage cast iron skillets and cookware.

Read post #53, you know, the one above your silly reply. And stop hating children.

Last edited:
Children need meat in their diets in order to help them grow. Scientific studies have confirmed this.

Why do you hate children and science so much?

That study was done in Kenya where most families eat meat only once a week on average. There the positive health results were accomplished by starting to serve kids meat five times a week in school. So the kids in total got meat on average six times a week.

While people in the UK eat meat twice a day on average. So the kids in that school that replaced meat with vegetarian dishes got vegetarian dishes five times a week in school and on average meat nine times at home.

Also there are many other and better ways to get all the nutritions from a lakto ovo vegetarian diet than just giving kids a cup of milk like the researchers did in that study. There are also many better ways to get all the nutrients from a vegan diet than simply give kids vegetable oil like they did in that study.

That study was done in Kenya where most families eat meat only once a week on average. There the positive health results were accomplished by starting to serve kids meat five times a week in school. So the kids in total got meat on average six times a week.

While people in the UK eat meat twice a day on average. So the kids in that school that replaced meat with vegetarian dishes got vegetarian dishes five times a week in school and on average meat nine times at home.

Also there are many other and better ways to get all the nutritions from a lakto ovo vegetarian diet than just giving kids a cup of milk like the researchers did in that study. There are also many better ways to get all the nutrients from a vegan diet than simply give kids vegetable oil like they did in that study.
Whatever your silly beliefs are, you have no right to dictate what children eat because of it. You must be a Putin fan and a science hater too.

Whatever your silly beliefs are, you have no right to dictate what children eat because of it. You must be a Putin fan and a science hater too.

Russia is the world’s biggest exporter of fertilizer and wheat, where a lot of wheat and other grains are used to feed animals. A big usage for Russian oil is also in the production and transport of food. So eating more vegetarian and vegan dishes that require much less resources and also are cheaper can both be a way to stop the funding of the Russian war machine and reduce rising food prices.

There are also great opportunities for vegetarian and vegan dishes that are both healthy and tasty.

Russia is the world’s biggest exporter of fertilizer and wheat, where a lot of wheat and other grains are used to feed animals. A big usage for Russian oil is also in the production and transport of food. So eating more vegetarian and vegan dishes that require much less resources and also are cheaper can both be a way to stop the funding of the Russian war machine and reduce rising food prices.

There are also great opportunities for vegetarian and vegan dishes that are both healthy and tasty.

What does Russia have to do with your insane belief that children shouldnt be eating meat?

What does Russia have to do with your insane belief that children shouldnt be eating meat?

We are now seeing a global food crisis because of the brutal invasion of Ukraine, there Russia is a major exporter of both fertilizer and grain.

There one important way to both reduce the food crisis and the funding of the Russian war machine is to eat more vegetarian and vegan dishes that require much less resources and land.

"“Almost 50 percent of the grains produced in the world are fed to livestock,” says The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). “Yet there remain about 800 million people suffering from hunger and malnutrition mostly in the developing countries.”

According to the Nuffield Council, plant-based meat uses 72-99 percent less water and 47-99 percent less land than intensive farming. It also produces 30-90 percent fewer greenhouse gases. In contrast, intensive farming “can result in significant use of freshwater, greenhouse gas emissions, soil degradation, pollution, and loss of biodiversity.”"

Are you still with the vegetarian (or vegan?) girlfriend?

We are now seeing a global food crisis because of the brutal invasion of Ukraine, there Russia is a major exporter of both fertilizer and grain.

There one important way to both reduce the food crisis and the funding of the Russian war machine is to eat more vegetarian and vegan dishes that require much less resources and land.

"“Almost 50 percent of the grains produced in the world are fed to livestock,” says The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). “Yet there remain about 800 million people suffering from hunger and malnutrition mostly in the developing countries.”

According to the Nuffield Council, plant-based meat uses 72-99 percent less water and 47-99 percent less land than intensive farming. It also produces 30-90 percent fewer greenhouse gases. In contrast, intensive farming “can result in significant use of freshwater, greenhouse gas emissions, soil degradation, pollution, and loss of biodiversity.”"

What a stupid reply. The food crisis is being caused by the war, not because of climate change!

Are you still with the vegetarian (or vegan?) girlfriend?

She's vegan. And yes, why?

What a stupid reply. The food crisis is being caused by the war, not because of climate change!

She's vegan. And yes, why?

Is she like a school marm with those delicious, environmentally friendly, healthy vegan meals?

This is one school in the UK and PoS is somehow worried that this will mean everyone has to follow?

And so it begins. The climate cult will tell you what to eat from now on, and you must obey!
I wouldn't put much stock into this development. It is not the first time the UK has deprived its citizens of the food they require, nor will it be the last. This is bound to happen in any nation that has the power to dictate what its citizens can, or cannot, consume. Be thankful that the US federal government has no such power.

Reactions: PoS
Back
Top Bottom