• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK PM: Multiculturalism has failed

More, what cameron was really about was that we can't bully people into taking on British values - we have to inspire them to take on those values.
And when leaders talk about 'incentives' for people to integrate, you also have to consider ramifications for those who don't. I'm talking about things like ghettoisation, radicalisation and wanting their ways imposed for their own sake or in spite of anyone elses'.

To go back to the lovely Muslims again, Blair once said that it was the Muslim Community's duty to root out its extremists. But once they inevitably didn't do a damn thing, Blair took it no further. The next logical step would have been to talk about punishments for not living up to responsibility.

Has Cameron considered that?
For a man who said that British people need to integrate with Muslims rather than vice-versa, probably not.

Blair: Muslims to confront 'evil ideology' | Mail Online

Blaming all but themselves: Blair to UK Islamists: "Anti extremist moves too slow" -Muslims: blame radicalism on "foreign policy not ...crazy notion of ideological problem" - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

Last edited:
And anyway, INCENTIVES? The buggers came here of their OWN FREE WILL! They should blummin' well WANT to live here and muck in without having to call on the Government to give them sugar lumps every 2 minutes!

If they don't like it here, send them back! There are plenty others a damn site more grateful wanting to come here!

And when leaders talk about 'incentives' for people to integrate, you also have to consider ramifications for those who don't. I'm talking about things like ghettoisation, radicalisation and wanting their ways imposed for their own sake or in spite of anyone elses'.

To go back to the lovely Muslims again, Blair once said that it was the Muslim Community's duty to root out its extremists. But once they inevitably didn't do a damn thing, Blair took it no further. The next logical step would have been to talk about punishments for not living up to responsibility.

Has Cameron considered that?
For a man who said that British people need to integrate with Muslims rather than vice-versa, probably not.

Blair: Muslims to confront 'evil ideology' | Mail Online

Blaming all but themselves: Blair to UK Islamists: "Anti extremist moves too slow" -Muslims: blame radicalism on "foreign policy not ...crazy notion of ideological problem" - Militant Islam Monitor - Militant Islam Monitor

You edited out your carrot post... why?

And anyway, INCENTIVES? The buggers came here of their OWN FREE WILL! They should blummin' well WANT to live here and muck in without having to call on the Government to give them sugar lumps every 2 minutes!

If they don't like it here, send them back! There are plenty others a damn site more grateful wanting to come here!

Cameron said "inspire" - YOU re-wrote that as offer a "carrot" and then edited and changed your post.

I replaced it with the new first sentence. It says the same thing and I think the new one flows better.

But the original said that if you're implying a carrot you also need a stick.

I like to write.

Under multiculturalism everyone gets to choose what he or she will be loyal to. The All-American Boy Anwar al Awlaki probably has his own vision of what is good for America. Under multiculturalist doctrine who is to say he is wrong?

I'm guessing you are inventing a definition of multiculturalism all your own. Good for you!

I replaced it with the new first sentence. It says the same thing and I think the new one flows better.

But the original said that if you're implying a carrot you also need a stick.

I like to write.

I agree entirely that carrots and sticks work together, however where do you get the idea his original 2007 articles for the Observer and Guardian were about carrots for the muslim community?

That implies provision of a carrot. But what about the accompanying stick for those who go further than wanting to keep eating their own food?

There's the old one. Bit woolly I thought.

...however where do you get the idea his original 2007 articles for the Observer and Guardian were about carrots for the muslim community?

Oooh, let me see now: Cameron condemns lack of Muslim integration in Britain | News

British PM says multiculturalism has failed, Muslims must integrate into British society - Jihad Watch

And interestingly enough, Cameron's own comments never did pass by unremarked by the BNP, with this roundup of theirs first on the Google search list: Chameleon Cameron

n an article which appeared in the Observer newspaper in May 2007 titled “What I learnt from my stay with a Muslim family,” Mr Cameron wrote: “Not for the first time, I found myself thinking that it is mainstream Britain which needs to integrate more with the British Asian way of life, not the other way around.

The article contains all the direct links to the articles in question to read for yourself, hence the one-off inclusion of a BNP link.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you are inventing a definition of multiculturalism all your own. Good for you!

Anwar al Awlaki, the All-American Boy, points the way. His actions produce the definition of multiculturalism.

How can division produce unity? How can separation produce shared consciousness?

Maybe I'm tired (I'm off to bed now) but maybe you could point out the carrots and the sticks in the links?

Maybe you are tired. You said yourself that Cameron said immigrants need incentives to integrate. To which I said that implies a carrot.

Maybe you are tired. You said yourself that Cameron said immigrants need incentives to integrate. To which I said that implies a carrot.

One thing I will say, if freedom, universal healthcare, free education, a social safety net, relatively safer streets then where they're probably from, clean running water, and the ability to get food to eat with or without money isn't enough.

Then I don't know what is.

I'll drink to that comment:

One thing I will say, if freedom, universal healthcare, free education, a social safety net, relatively safer streets then where they're probably from, clean running water, and the ability to get food to eat with or without money isn't enough.

Then I don't know what is.

Would that it were true. Far too many scoundrels have been seeking their last refuge in patriotism.

Patriotism itself is good and natural. Though if I were to say 'far too many scoundrels have been seeking their last refuge in Islam', I'd get a reply that Islam itself is lovely and groovy, so you know what I'm talking about.

the genetic and cultural history of the UK shows that only a tiny minority of true original Brits exist

If you're arguing the racial (im)purity angle, let's take a butchers at the evidence.

Indigenous Brits were simply the first humans here and can be traced back 12,000 years, though the more recent invasions from Europe were small in number and were of the same general racial stock nevertheless. For example, the Norman Conquest only put over a few thousand troops for the landing and up to most went home afterwards anyway. Anglo-Saxon DNA is only about 5% of the whites here, apparently.

What's more, similarities between European genes are huge and the culture has been known to be similar too.

Britain still has a set of indigenous people.

The Norman Invasion

Surprising lack of Anglo-Saxon DNA | Science | The Guardian

How long have we been in England! - Anglo-Saxon Foundation

http://forums.skadi.net/showthread.php?t=131312

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/2006/10/mythsofbritishancestry/

Gene Expression: CELTS AND ANGLO-SAXONS

'There are no true Brits'
, 'there is no such thing as English culture'... all denigratory liberal self-hate to 'justify' effective ethnic and cultural cleansing by mass immigration and PC brainwashing. And all to big-up the tsunami of immigrants we supposedly need every last one of.

Sick sick people these MultiCultis.

Last edited:
EXTRA:

Genetic Britain: How Roman, Viking and Anglo-Saxon Genes Make up the UK's DNA | Heritage Key

Though this link gives you the now-obligatory 'mongrel race nation of immigrants' spin crap, you also see the real story of settlements from successive waves of kindred people. (Though it also mentions 700,000 year old evidence of early temporary settlements, further disproving the 'racial mix all along' stuff.)

All this is less reason to argue for becoming coffee-coloured on racial grounds, not more. Indeed, it would seem very sad to experience a racial wipeout, just because the beardy-sandal weirdo brigade think it would be quite groovy and far-out man.

Nob-End: Candidate calls Britain the most mongrel nation in the world

Last edited:
The study found remarkable genetic similarities between the two populations and concluded that a ‘mass migration event’ must have occurred in the Dark Ages.

What loathsome, disgusting AIDS viruses these liberals are. Brutal, murderous foreign invasions are just 'migration events' when they happen to us!

That's what these vermin mean by vibrancy!

I have to share this gem with you. The famous Canadian Mark Steyn on Multiculturalism:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdEGJb5W5ks

On one hand "multiculturalism" is about feeling all warm and fluffy about other cultures and on the other hand (4 minutes 45 seconds into the video) he speaks of true multiculturalists as teachers who went and taught natives but knew objectively which culture (that of the grey rainy dingy isle I live on) as being "objectively superior" to everyone else.

I can live with the latter, we're objectively superior and have an objectively superior culture to American, Israeli, Chinese, Canadian, Polish, German, Botswanan, Indian, Japanese etc cultures.

All you b****y dirty unwashed foreigners better start paying me fealty and kneeling on one knee when I post on this forum from now on. :)

Patriotism itself is good and natural. Though if I were to say 'far too many scoundrels have been seeking their last refuge in Islam', I'd get a reply that Islam itself is lovely and groovy, so you know what I'm talking about.

Well, you wouldn't get that response from me. I don't think Islam is lovely and groovy. I'm no more keen on Islam than I am on Judaism or Christianity. There's something about the Abrahamics that seems to lead more than a few people to demagoguery, same with patriotism. In the right hands, all can be beautiful things, but in the hands of scoundrels all have the potential to be poisonous.

Genetic Britain: How Roman, Viking and Anglo-Saxon Genes Make up the UK's DNA | Heritage Key

Though this link gives you the now-obligatory 'mongrel race nation of immigrants' spin crap, you also see the real story of settlements from successive waves of kindred people. (Though it also mentions 700,000 year old evidence of early temporary settlements, further disproving the 'racial mix all along' stuff.)
Very interesting and learned article. It hardly helps with any of these debates however as there are voices in it that argue both for the mongrel race theory, and for the commonality of ancestry theory. You pays your money...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom