• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK F-35s will use strange rolling carrier landings on HMS Elizabeth

Higgins86

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://youtu.be/5Nb64PMzSeA

Cool video i though some of you might enjoy. I’m looking forward to seeing what the US and the UK can teach each other about the F-35s.

Well both countries already know they are a huge profit center, if not the costliest and most profitable...of all time.

Started out $1.3 trillion and now running at $1.9 trillion. A cost overrun only that is $5 BILLION/a month...for ten years.

Now that's a weapon only the warmongering capitalist can enjoy.

Well both countries already know they are a huge profit center, if not the costliest and most profitable...of all time.

Started out $1.3 trillion and now running at $1.9 trillion. A cost overrun only that is $5 BILLION/a month...for ten years.

Now that's a weapon only the warmongering capitalist can enjoy.

“ war mongering capitalist “ ....tell that to the Ukraine.

https://youtu.be/5Nb64PMzSeA

Cool video i though some of you might enjoy. I’m looking forward to seeing what the US and the UK can teach each other about the F-35s.

Will they be fully operational in ten years?

If we are going to have any chance at all against the New Chinese Empire they have to work....and work after China/Russia has taken out our satellite system.

Will they be fully operational in ten years?

If we are going to have any chance at all against the New Chinese Empire they have to work....and work after China/Russia has taken out our satellite system.

I think you overestimate the Russians and the Chinese are busy getting greedy. Not to mention all their money can’t buy combat experience.

I think you overestimate the Russians and the Chinese are busy getting greedy. Not to mention all their money can’t buy combat experience.

Ya, I heard I think it was Petraeus say "Ya their government works (and he would have to admit that ours does not) and they are way ahead of where we ever imagined they would be in getting tech and then building it and then deploying it....BUT DONT WORRY!.....it will take them 40 years to figure out how to use it(paraphrase)"

He is wrong.

Ya, I heard I think it was Petraeus say "Ya their government works (and he would have to admit that ours does not) and they are way ahead of where we ever imagined they would be in getting tech and then building it and then deploying it....BUT DONT WORRY!.....it will take them 40 years to figure out how to use it"

He is wrong.

You reckon? I think the experience our forces have is invaluable. Lessons we’ve learned and the experience alone. Both the British and the US have men coming through the ranks with multiple combat tours. For me as someone who’s also served in combat that has to be worth something? You can train all you want but as soon as it’s goes south you find out who you are and more importantly how effective your leadership is.

You reckon? I think the experience our forces have is invaluable. Lessons we’ve learned and the experience alone. Both the British and the US have men coming through the ranks with multiple combat tours. For me as someone who’s also served in combat that has to be worth something? You can train all you want but as soon as it’s goes south you find out who you are and more importantly how effective your leadership is.

The Chinese have done EVERYTHING faster and usually much faster than the American experts claimed could happen.

How do you look at that and then now believe what you are told?

Dont you at some point wise up?

The Chinese have done EVERYTHING faster and usually much faster than the American experts claimed could happen.

How do you look at that and then now believe what you are told?

Dont you at some point wise up?

We “ the UK” are rebuilding our navy to adapt right now. The type 45s are a great stride forward and we’re adding more carriers. Plus the fact the US our ally is the most powerful country on earth by a long long way. Sure it’s healthy to fear the Chinese but could they launch a Global war vs the US and NATO? No way.

True but it suits them given our history with the Harrier.
Correct. The ski-jump launching and VSTOL for landing works well. As I understand it the VSTOL variant is also going to be used by US Marines for use from big deck amphibious ships.

We “ the UK” are rebuilding our navy to adapt right now. The type 45s are a great stride forward and we’re adding more carriers. Plus the fact the US our ally is the most powerful country on earth by a long long way. Sure it’s healthy to fear the Chinese but could they launch a Global war vs the US and NATO? No way.

Not today, but by 2030 they and their newly built team will be ready, and they will most likely kick our ass.

I long ago was cured of the rampant illness of underestimating the Chinese.

Last edited:
Correct. The ski-jump launching and VSTOL for landing works well. As I understand it the VSTOL variant is also going to be used by US Marines for use from big deck amphibious ships.

The Wasp class of carriers for the Marines, the British carriers and Japan is looking at converting its two helicopter carriers to operate f35Bs as well

Back
Top Bottom