• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

LONDON (AP) — The U.K. government plans to offer a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine to every adult by September as the nation’s health care system battles the worst crisis in its 72-year-history.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Sunday that the government will soon begin a trial of round the clock injections at some locations as it continues to add more vaccination sites to increase the pace of delivery. The National Health Service opened a mass vaccination center on Saturday at the historic Salisbury Cathedral, where injections were accompanied by organ music.

“Our target is by September to have offered all the adult population a first dose,” he told Sky News. “If we can do it faster than that, great, but that’s the road map.”
========================================================
I like their 'can do' outlook.

LONDON (AP) — The U.K. government plans to offer a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine to every adult by September as the nation’s health care system battles the worst crisis in its 72-year-history.

Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said Sunday that the government will soon begin a trial of round the clock injections at some locations as it continues to add more vaccination sites to increase the pace of delivery. The National Health Service opened a mass vaccination center on Saturday at the historic Salisbury Cathedral, where injections were accompanied by organ music.

“Our target is by September to have offered all the adult population a first dose,” he told Sky News. “If we can do it faster than that, great, but that’s the road map.”
Considering the current government has missed pretty much every single deadline or goal it has set out on almost everything, then I doubt it will happen.

I'm not holding my breath about getting my jab by mid-February! There's only ONE facility in the UK that can put the litre packs of vaccine into ampoules. Some of it is being sent back to Europe to be processed!

Dominic Raab was a fireplace salesman before becoming an MP. Johnson made him Brexit Secretary, and he famously stated that he hadn't realised the how dependent we were for the movement of goods on the Dover-Calais crossing!

Dominic Raab was a fireplace salesman before becoming an MP. Johnson made him Brexit Secretary, and he famously stated that he hadn't realised the how dependent we were for the movement of goods on the Dover-Calais crossing!

I will never understand European governments because I haven't lived in them. But Britain's is very odd. But I loved Downton Abby.

I'm not holding my breath about getting my jab by mid-February! There's only ONE facility in the UK that can put the litre packs of vaccine into ampoules. Some of it is being sent back to Europe to be processed!
Me neither; at 68 I'm in the fifth category of 'priority' and goodness knows when I'll get my invitation.

He said that?! Sounds just like when Trump said he never realised how complicated healthcare was!

Me neither; at 68 I'm in the fifth category of 'priority' and goodness knows when I'll get my invitation.

Only a couple of years ahead of you!
The Dorset Vaccination centre opened here in Bournemouth today. 9,000 jabs a week (Dorset has 60,000 over-eighties) by invitation only! Hanging on in there.
The rumours that the government might further extend to 12 week wait for the second dose is alarming!

Somewhat gloomy statistical update for UK and USA on progress of the disease. Dr John is a nursing lecturer who gives a no-nonsense rundown of where we are.

Back
Top Bottom