• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

UH OH... Bush did it again!

AK_Conservative

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I have read on here and been accused of constantly, mainly by Oreally and taxpayer that I am a Bush lover! Is that becuase i base my arguements off fact and logic?

I just want to clarify something! No i am not a Bush Lover, fanatic, or whatever you feel like pinning on me! I do not think he is a good president (though better than clinton for a number of reasons)! He is very weak and more concerend about public opinion and approval ratins and what the New York Times or newsweek have to say about him rather then ignoring that and stepping up his agenda! I feel his weakness is mainly becuase of the media. I absolutely despise the media. They can rarely report news without biased (either liberal or conservative) opinions or accusations! Please name me just one recent news story made by a national media organization that has reported the news with no biased view and post it! I havent seen much lately! Anyway, back to the point!

Since i not highly fond of Bush, I do tend to back him against absurd liberal accusations! If a democrat was in office and ran the country exactly, to the tee, as bush has, i would have the same exact opinion! Now this i want you guys to answer truthfully, If a democrat was in office and did what bush has done, would you support him? Would you back him up with from false accusations? I think generally most would! So many people play party politics! I guess you can say i play ideology politics, which in turn is fine becuase ideology is not a party, it is a belief structure! That is why i tend to use the terms conservative/liberal in my arguements!

So the other purpose of this post is i want you all to answer this question! If a democrat was in office and ran the country with a conservative point of view, as Bush has done. Would you support him (you would be playing party politics at this point) or not? I TRUELY do not believe the general public here would!

Well my alaskan cohort, welcome to lower 48 politics. They divide everything into partisan sides (not all but most of them). You have to be conservative or a liberal and if you break ranks, then they consider you the opposite party and not worth listening to. Here in Alaska, people tend to be independent thinkers and take a live and let live attitude socially. We are financially aware and financially independent from the rest of the country for the most part. We have a tendency toward independence and self reliance that makes us too busy to care what our neighbor is doing. Look at our politicians...our repubs are not hardliners...I mean do you hold Lisa Murkowsky on the same conservative plane as say...any other republican in the lower 48? Senator Stevens is conservative, yes, but how much do you hear about him trying to censor or oppress any rights at all? Its like we are playing a different game here. But, just expect to get called all kinds of names like bush lover, liberal whack job when you argue against a conservative, conservative nazi when you argue against a liberal, or anything infantile when you argue against navy pride. You'll be told you hate america, told cindy sheehan is your girlfriend, and even called a seal ****er (yes its happened).

And I just think to myself...yeah well, I got one up on all them...I am an Alaskan and that trumps liberal, conservative or whatever. :2razz:

Good point, I personally have not seen lisa murkowski as a conservative. She was a liberal in the state house wasnt she? Did you hear what she today, i think it was today, that she does not want the knik arm bridge to go through government hill? Now is it becuase she has property on government hill or is it that she does not think it is a viable route, though it is the cheapest! My concern is what is her mentality behind this?

alaskan politicians shut up and take a back seat they are like that so they get things for alaska
it is a logical response

they back bush to the hilt
no doubt about it

As for bush hes a comedian the whole world is laughing at him
and they feel bad for Americans because they are stuck with his war on terror for the next 10 or so years
no matter which side wins the next election
Iran is next in the war on terror

when the oil rigs start spewing oil all over Alaska like the exon valdez debacle
we will see how Alaskans feel about bush
as far as im concerned the best alaskans are the indians
they want to protect the environment at least

Canuck said:
alaskan politicians shut up and take a back seat they are like that so they get things for alaska
it is a logical response

they back bush to the hilt
no doubt about it

As for bush hes a comedian the whole world is laughing at him
and they feel bad for Americans because they are stuck with his war on terror for the next 10 or so years
no matter which side wins the next election
Iran is next in the war on terror

when the oil rigs start spewing oil all over Alaska like the exon valdez debacle
we will see how Alaskans feel about bush
as far as im concerned the best alaskans are the indians
they want to protect the environment at least

Did I also note that a lot of people in the lower 48 know absolutely nothing about how alaska really is? :doh

vandree said:
Care to list some?

While you are listing the ways Clinton is better than Bush, and he is listing the ways Bush is better than Clinton, I still see them both as scumbag presidents who disgraced the office.

vandree said:
Care to list some?

For example the way Clinton balanced the economy. He drastically cut military funding which downplayed military activites greatly! He also dove into social security to balance the economy! I do not wish to bring this up as well becuase of its controversy, but the lewinski problem. i am not talking about the perjury (which also was wrong) im talking about the act. The president should set a higher example for america and clinton being who he was and what he did, degraded american values! I do not respect any man who cheats on his significant other!! Would you like more examples?

AK_Conservative said:
For example the way Clinton balanced the economy. He drastically cut military funding which downplayed military activites greatly! He also dove into social security to balance the economy! I do not wish to bring this up as well becuase of its controversy, but the lewinski problem. i am not talking about the perjury (which also was wrong) im talking about the act. The president should set a higher example for america and clinton being who he was and what he did, degraded american values! I do not respect any man who cheats on his significant other!! Would you like more examples?

While it is true the prez should set a higher standard, I do believe the pres has the same rights to privacy as any other American. And if he and hillary worked it out and stayed together, I dont think it is the right of the repugnicans to smear him and drag his own family issues out and make a spectacle of them. The most embarassing thing about the situation was how the media and the repugs made a circus out of it.

But as for the perjury...nail the democrap to the wall for it!

jallman said:
While it is true the prez should set a higher standard, I do believe the pres has the same rights to privacy as any other American. And if he and hillary worked it out and stayed together, I dont think it is the right of the repugnicans to smear him and drag his own family issues out and make a spectacle of them. The most embarassing thing about the situation was how the media and the repugs made a circus out of it.

But as for the perjury...nail the democrap to the wall for it!

Good point but i still think the president should be set to a higher standard and what he does in that office should be a public matter unless it jeperdizes any type of security issue!

But no one has really addressed my point but you jallman.. im kinda disappointed in the rest!

If a dem were in office and had pulled the things Bush has, I'd want him out....and I lean to the left. I still have some conservative leanings, but after the witch hunt against Clinton, it's difficult to repect the republican party anymore...IMHO.

Would I be happy if a Dem was spending money like Bush has?

Of course not. But at least the dems expect society to pay for their spending programs...you know...'tax and spend.'

Bush loves to 'borrow and spend,' far worse for the future of America.

while the republicans and democrats,
argue whose fit for nailing to the wall .The elite ,own your party leaders and
they do with them ,as they will.
and if the stk market crashes ,as it did in 2000 , I assure you they will beat on you so hard , it will make you silly.
they will over run america with mexicans ,and send your jobs over seas.
and will jack the price of oil ,while they piladge it from Iraq .paid for with your soldiers lives
wait till you find out 10 years from now that that the terroists are still coming at you, with wmds.
well at least in Alaska you are well insulated when the big one comes ,you can hide.

Canuck said:
while the republicans and democrats,
argue whose fit for nailing to the wall .The elite ,own your party leaders and
they do with them ,as they will.
and if the stk market crashes ,as it did in 2000 , I assure you they will beat on you so hard , it will make you silly.
they will over run america with mexicans ,and send your jobs over seas.
and will jack the price of oil ,while they piladge it from Iraq .paid for with your soldiers lives
wait till you find out 10 years from now that that the terroists are still coming at you, with wmds.
well at least in Alaska you are well insulated when the big one comes ,you can hide.

I dont know about everyone else but I cant understand this rubbish.

AK_Conservative said:
I have read on here and been accused of constantly, mainly by Oreally and taxpayer that I am a Bush lover! Is that becuase i base my arguements off fact and logic?

I just want to clarify something! No i am not a Bush Lover, fanatic, or whatever you feel like pinning on me! I do not think he is a good president (though better than clinton for a number of reasons)! He is very weak and more concerend about public opinion and approval ratins and what the New York Times or newsweek have to say about him rather then ignoring that and stepping up his agenda! I feel his weakness is mainly becuase of the media. I absolutely despise the media. They can rarely report news without biased (either liberal or conservative) opinions or accusations! Please name me just one recent news story made by a national media organization that has reported the news with no biased view and post it! I havent seen much lately! Anyway, back to the point!

Since i not highly fond of Bush, I do tend to back him against absurd liberal accusations! If a democrat was in office and ran the country exactly, to the tee, as bush has, i would have the same exact opinion! Now this i want you guys to answer truthfully, If a democrat was in office and did what bush has done, would you support him? Would you back him up with from false accusations? I think generally most would! So many people play party politics! I guess you can say i play ideology politics, which in turn is fine becuase ideology is not a party, it is a belief structure! That is why i tend to use the terms conservative/liberal in my arguements!

So the other purpose of this post is i want you all to answer this question! If a democrat was in office and ran the country with a conservative point of view, as Bush has done. Would you support him (you would be playing party politics at this point) or not? I TRUELY do not believe the general public here would!

I agree w/you completely! I do not agree with everything president Bush does.

I USED to be a staunch democrat decades ago; ..but I was a leaning conservative one.

I would love to see the democrat party regain the good that it ONCE was. I stopped voting democrat in the mid-seventy's, ..as the democratic party embraced so much crap on the liberal agenda.

No, ..in fact the looney liberals control the democratic party; & they SILENCE other democrats who are conservative!

Democrats USED to care about defense, tough on crime, morality issues, traditional values,& religious values!

Since that time THEY have done almost everything to tear them down, & redefined themselves long ago by using phoney rights issues that kow-tow to the secularist humanist mindset, & anything goes in society, & have destroyed common basic decency codes that served America well for so long.

They despise our military, our country...& as always, "The blame America first concept" to stay in touch with their ever loving "internationalist" mentality which does not give a damn about America, or Americans.

Now....this cannot be said of ALL democrats in power, ..but it IS their genre & M.O.', & is & has been identified by some of their own mouthpieces.

As the once great L.A. Ram football player (Roosevelt Grier) once said; "I did not leave the democratic party, ...it left me"!

It is time for the once great democratic party to FIND itself again, ...but it seems so hopeless as the chasim they are in seems so deep.

In 1980 Reagan TOOK millions of voters with him,... I can tell you that. Did the democratic party learn ANYTHING from that, ..NO!

Instead of being relevant with regard to ideas in the marketplace, they have none, other than to tear down, & disparage their political opponents, & hatch some of the most OUTRAGEOUS conspiracy theories, ..& the name calling they employ is the most pathetic display of all!

There are MILLIONS & MILLIONS who share this view irrespective of Bush's imperfections, & overspending which is hardly being in step with conservative ideals.

Voting for a democratic party candidate that cannot honestly campaign on who, or what they really represent because they are dug so deep in unfettered liberalist theology will NEVER serve the democratic party any longer.

In truth I tell you, ..until the democratic party THROWS these people out from the ruling aspects of the democratic party; ..they will KEEP on losing elections because the mainstream voting majority sees them as a greater threat than most republican candidates.

The modern democratic party is in denial over it all because it garners MOST of its contributions from many many liberal organizations; ..hence the ridiculous & constant accusations of elections being fixed.

They prefer guise, ruse & rumors of conspiracy theories over fact, another testament to the democratic party's deep decent into the mire that THEY chose to sit, & break bread with (liberals)!

THe DNC has to placate all of these:

1.Femi-nazi's who despise men
2. Lesbians & homosexuals
3. THe so called Family planning groups, that really are a death cult, & bear NO resemblance to honest family planning!
4. The anti-war pacifists, & apologists
5. The multi-cultural groups who cry "racism" over everything
6. The environmental whackos..(not speaking of honest conservationists )
7. The phoney "rights" advocacy groups
8. The atheists
9. The social engineering crowd
10. The ACLU, who's sole function is to DESTROY past American traditional beliefs, & christianity within the American experience, while at the same time,... enhance, empower, give sympathy, & welcome FOREIGN religions, & constantly tell them that THEY are victims of most Americans.

Way too much to overcome, & I see the democratic party today sinking even further because it no longer can hide any longer exactly what it represents; & it it totally out of step with the REAL mainstream american majority.

So....as long as Bush's imperfections may plague us from time to time, & every effort to smear him via the major media (Democratic party kissing cousins) he is, & will remain more preferable than what the modern democratic party represents today, or has to offer!

There are millions, & millions of voters who share my views...& just for the record it has, & is EXACTLY what the perceptions of the democratic party has advertised themselves to be by their continual courting of the groups mentioned above!

The only time they (democratic candidates) make a FALSE gesture of distancing themselves from such groups is during campaign time, ..by pretending to be exactly what they are not.

I would relish a democratic party revival, whereas those groups were tossed out on their as.ses; ..it might then give the democratic party a fighting chance! Until then, the modern democratic party remains DEAD!:roll:

Last edited:
Stu Ghatze said:
I agree w/you completely! I do not agree with everything president Bush does.

I USED to be a staunch democrat decades ago; ..but I was a leaning conservative one.

I would love to see the democrat party regain the good that it ONCE was. I stopped voting democrat in the mid-seventy's, ..as the democratic party embraced so much crap on the liberal agenda.

No, ..in fact the looney liberals control the democratic party; & they SILENCE other democrats who are conservative!

Democrats USED to care about defense, tough on crime, morality issues, traditional values,& religious values!

Since that time THEY have done almost everything to tear them down, & redefined themselves long ago by using phoney rights issues that kow-tow to the secularist humanist mindset, & anything goes in society, & have destroyed common basic decency codes that served America well for so long.

They despise our military, our country...& as always, "The blame America first concept" to stay in touch with their ever loving "internationalist" mentality which does not give a damn about America, or Americans.

Now....this cannot be said of ALL democrats in power, ..but it IS their genre & M.O.', & is & has been identified by some of their own mouthpieces.

As the once great L.A. Ram football player (Roosevelt Grier) once said; "I did not leave the democratic party, ...it left me"!

It is time for the once great democratic party to FIND itself again, ...but it seems so hopeless as the chasim they are in seems so deep.

In 1980 Reagan TOOK millions of voters with him,... I can tell you that. Did the democratic party learn ANYTHING from that, ..NO!

Instead of being relevant with regard to ideas in the marketplace, they have none, other than to tear down, & disparage their political opponents, & hatch some of the most OUTRAGEOUS conspiracy theories, ..& the name calling they employ is the most pathetic display of all!

There are MILLIONS & MILLIONS who share this view irrespective of Bush's imperfections, & overspending which is hardly being in step with conservative ideals.

Voting for a democratic party candidate that cannot honestly campaign on who, or what they really represent because they are dug so deep in unfettered liberalist theology will NEVER serve the democratic party any longer.

In truth I tell you, ..until the democratic party THROWS these people out from the ruling aspects of the democratic party; ..they will KEEP on losing elections because the mainstream voting majority sees them as a greater threat than most republican candidates.

The modern democratic party is in denial over it all because it garners MOST of its contributions from many many liberal organizations; ..hence the ridiculous & constant accusations of elections being fixed.

They prefer guise, ruse & rumors of conspiracy theories over fact, another testament to the democratic party's deep decent into the mire that THEY chose to sit, & break bread with (liberals)!

THe DNC has to placate all of these:

1.Femi-nazi's who despise men
2. Lesbians & homosexuals
3. THe so called Family planning groups, that really are a death cult, & bear NO resemblance to honest family planning!
4. The anti-war pacifists, & apologists
5. The multi-culteral groups who cry "racism" over everything
6. The environmental whackos..(not speaking of honest conservationists )
7. The phoney "rights" advocacy groups
8. The atheists
9. The social engineering crowd
10. The ACLU, who's sole function is to DESTROY past American traditional beliefs, & christianity within the American experience, while at the same time,... enhance, empower, give sympathy, & welcome FOREIGN religions, & constantly tell them that THEY are victims of most Americans.

Way too much to overcome, & I see the democratic party today sinking even further because it no longer can hide any longer exactly what it represents; & it it totally out of step with the REAL mainstream american majority.

So....as long as Bush's imperfections may plague us from time to time, & every effort to smear him via the major media (Democratic party kissing cousins) he is, & will remain more preferable than what the modern democratic party represents today, or has to offer!

There are millions, & millions of voters who share my views...& just for the record it has, & is EXACTLY what the perceptions of the democratic party has advertised themselves to be by their continual courting of the groups mentioned above!

The only time they (democratic candidates) make a FALSE gesture of distancing themselves from such groups is during campaign time, ..by pretending to be exactly what they are not.

I would relish a democratic party revival, whereas those groups were tossed out on their as.ses; ..it might then giove the democratic party a fighting chance! Until then, the modern democratic party remains DEAD!:roll:

Wheres FDR or JFK when you need them?

SKILMATIC said:
Wheres FDR or JFK when you need them?

You are EXACTLY right too! The funny thing is this: If JFK were alive, ...he would have been VIEWED as MORE of a conservative with closer ties to the republican ideology.

I get accused of being a Bush nuthugger, ..its not true...but I voted for him because he displays a "can do belief, & a person who will not apologize to foreign murderers, stands up for what is right, loves America & does not disparage his own country, or servicemen in spite of America's past sins which he recognizes, as all Americans do.

And Bush does NOT wallow in the phoney race card either, ..he is more color blind than most democrats claim to be!

Bush may not be the most articulate, or polished ...but he is sincere, & has remained "dignified" in spite of those who have called him such wicked things, & charged him with such contemptable accusations.

Stu Ghatze said:
You are EXACTLY right too! The funny thing is this: If JFK were alive, ...he would have been VIEWED as MORE of a conservative with closer ties to the republican ideology.

I get accused of being a Bush nuthugger, ..its not true...but I voted for him because he displays a "can do belief, & a person who will not apologize to foreign murderers, stands up for what is right, loves America & does not disparage his own country, or servicemen in spite of America's past sins which he recognizes, as all Americans do.

And Bush does NOT wallow in the phoney race card either, ..he is more color blind than most democrats claim to be!

Bush may not be the most articulate, or polished ...but he is sincere, & has remained "dignified" in spite of those who have called him such wicked things, & charged him with such contemptable accusations.

Great contribution! I appreciate that greatly! :applaud It is good to hear some sense!

I have not heard much from the liberal ideology on this matter! Why is that?

AK_Conservative said:
Great contribution! I appreciate that greatly! :applaud It is good to hear some sense!

I have not heard much from the liberal ideology on this matter! Why is that?

I do not feel like getting too deep at this time of night, suffice to say this:

You will not hear much on, or from liberal ideology because it does not, nor has it ever represented the mainstream majority in anything.

They are basically atheist, social engineers who try to explain away any concept of God, preferably the christian concept, they love to divide people by race, & class.

They feed off of conspiracy theory, accusations...or scandals ALWAYS directed at republicans who play any leadership role whatsover because THEY are the biggest threats to the democratic party who HOUSES the liberal mentality.

Liberal ideology was, & used to be genuine but that was probably 40, 50+ years ago as far as helping to end racism where racism, & discrimination was real, ..not like the phoney race crap that is being played out for the ignorant masses that prefer to believe it!

Liberals also helped advance equality w/regard to our women at one genuine time. Today it is nothing but a mouthpiece for lesbian, man hating femi-nazi's that despise the traditional role of women. Hence the insistence of all this uni-sex crap, & allowing women to play in the same teams in the same "BOY" sports like in some of our high schools etc.

It is so g-damn ludicrous too, because the human bodies are so obviously different as men by their very nature have more muscle cells etc, whereas the biology of women have more fatty, & soft tissue etc.

Liberals believe that its better for everybody to be poor, & helpless than for anybody else to be wealthy.

And of course they would tell you that most who are wealthy got it by fraud, corruptuion, greed or by inheritence...& that nobody should be entitled to wealth, ...except them however.

Liberals also have a nice secular view on crime too. They believe that socio/economic conditions explain crime, & in fact "some" even believe that it can be justified to commit crime! THey reject that those committing crime actually know right from wrong irrespective of their economic situations at hand.

Liberals believe that the constitution was meant to throw religion out of the land, ..not protect its free exercize thereof.

Liberals prefer 1- atheist to have the right to exercise his rights over the majority, because afteral, ..if he is a minority in either race, or belief system....why he just has to "BE A VICTIM" of the majority!

Liberals ALSO do not believe in any moral absolutes, ..but that is because the majority of them do not believe in the traditional religious concept of God, or Christianity, they prefer in believing in "moral relativity", & accepting the notion that if & when society says that homosexuality is acceptable, ..why it must then become acceptable.

Have YOU ever noticed that liberals RARELY ever condemn the islamic faith..? THere is a reason for that, its no coincidence, its because the majority in America believe in christianity, & that IS viwed as the biggest threat in America to the liberal, & certainly is more traditional, & must be slowly eradicated by their friends in the ACLU.

Christian doctrine IS a threat to most liberals, & in fact a contradiction as many liberals USED to be missionaries who helped the poor, the sick in 3rd world countries & preached the gospel, as I said it USED to be genuine, it is no longer.

Liberals believe that those who work, & pay taxes should support those who do not want to work, they would also have you believe that the poor of today are really poor. THis is NOT so...in fact, the poor of 50-100 years ago WERE REALLY POOR, as there were no safeguards, or social programs available back then, & people relied upon the FAMILY, & their FAITH in GOD to help them survive.

THey were also much more responsible than what they are today, & depended upon the man of the household. Today this is NOT so, in fact many of our wards of the state claim they are poor yet own, & drive cars, have computers, have subsidized housing , food stamps, access to free college, free school lunches, free pre-natal care, & follow up, free emergency services, free medical cards, free free free.

THe man is no longer needed, & the many of the men folk go around "copulating" with anything on two legs pregnating more women, & destroying more families, & create even more dependency...& you & me , & all of us are told that some, or all of us are "insensitive" to the so called poor!

An entitlement mentality to be sure has been created, courtesy of the liberals which exacerbated most things to even worse consequences as those that were in need 40 years ago, still claim they are poor, & in need...& what has all the money done that was thrown around for education? Not much, as many are dumber than generations ago, & many drop out more today than they did long ago. More teen age pregnancy, more STD's, & more immorality.

But see, we are not allowed to talk about immorality because' thats not relative to social causes, & what right does anybody have talking about God, or Godly sound principles, right? "Don't be forcing your religion on us"...they would say.

Liberals are pretty slick too, ..THEY just want everybody to think that they represent the majorities views.

In truth they do not, & that is why whenever they cannot win elections, & use the legal legislative process...they get some ideological liberal who share their views who happens to sit on the supreme court to MAKE LAWS in their attempt to "INSTITUTIONALIZE" liberalism because they cannot get it at the ballot box!

They will use race, religious class, & economic classes, & accuse all they can can of being racist, hateful, or mean spirited in order to accomplish their objective, which is to STAY in power, or FORCE the majority to accept liberalist ideology because they do not have the votes to legally change laws.

They LOVE "so called" victims, & INVENT them continually, ..& love parading them around!

Why THEY even loved presenting bastard terrorists around as victims of America, thus giving aid, & comfort to our enemies. Even democrat Dick Durbin sought to actually empower the terrorists by wanting them to have legal access to our constitution..??????

Yep, ....out of ignorance more than anything as terrorists do not represent any country, or any legal government & are NOT honorable...& in fact do not deserve any treatment other than simple basics because they "DELIBERATLEY" target innocents for death, & care less who dies, & follow NO laws of military engagement.

The mindeset of modern liberals is anti-american, & anathema to traditional religion, & moral values because to them God simply does not exist, & to them America IS the greatest threat to world peace & prosperity. Its other mindset is to PROMOTE internationalism, & foreign law into america!

They (liberals) have replaced God with secular "humanism", & want NO mention, or knowledge of God ever spoken, or taught...& they also want to destroy any & all concepts of our founding fathers link, & faith that they had in God.

Why do you think the ACLU actively goes into a town to force any christian symbols during religious holidays to have them taken down?

It is to FORCE the majority to give in to a lone dissenting atheist, or muslim who claims to be offended by the christian God symbol.
In fact in SOME high schools today, ..any mention of God is forbidden, yet...many new muslims living in America pray in public schools their muslim prayers, & damn little is said, in fact it is tollerated because of political correctness, ..yet as far as any American children go..it is against the law to allow our own kids to practice their OWN christian belief system in the very same public schools!!!!

Like it or not...even the NEA is riddled with hardcore liberalist ideology, & they are teaching our school kids!

They have even taught young students about the acceptance of "meet Daddy's new friend" (the two daddy's crap, or the two mommies lesbian acceptance)..in attempting to mainstream homosexuality in spite of parental complaints!!

Modern liberalism is an absolute danger to society; & it is time it is exposed for all to see.

Originally Posted by AK_Conservative:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember calling you a "...Bush Lover".

SKILMATIC said:
I dont know about everyone else but I cant understand this rubbish.

In time ,when you grow you will understand perfectly.
it will be crystal clear

galenrox said:
dude, we talked about this before the last time you felt like making a fool of yourself with ignorant liberal bashing.
Yes, if someone subsribed to all of the liberal values they'd be an idiot, as goes for conservatives. This is because there are views that are lumped together to combine to make the liberal and conservative ethos, but these views are not interconnected enough to make sense with all of them together. I really hope you're smart enough to realize that the reason a lot of liberals classify themselves as liberals because they fall more closely to the liberal ethos than the conservative ethos.
And that is completely failing to mention your ridiculous appraisal of the situation.
1. I have known many feminists in my day, and NONE of them hate men. I've even been to a NOW meeting and not a single one of them hates men. The man-haters are for all practical purposes a myth, and the fact that you believe that they really exist in any relevant numbers really speaks volumes about how much you actually know about feminism, and thus your actual credibility since despite your complete lack of knowledge and understanding didn't prevent you from pretending like you knew what you were talking about.
2. The majority of liberals are religious. This is a really stupid statement that makes my head hurt. The jesuits are a socialist group, Jimmy Carter's an evangelical christian, Jesus believed in 100% taxes, so from where exactly do you drawn this conclusion?
People claim that the republican party is the party of christians, but as far as I can tell the only things the republican party represents that could be considered christian by certain interpretations is their distaste for abortion and homosexuality, so that takes care of one line out of the bible. As far as the rest of the bible, which conservatives choose to ignore, all speaks of taking care of the poor and the sick, and endless forgiveness, neither of which the republican party is really interested in.
3. To claim we don't believe in moral absolutes is just ridiculous. Just because we understand the need for complex thought better than you do doesn't mean we can't say "That is just wrong." This is just an excuse to be lazy and not try to really understand what's going on before you choose what to do about it.
4. It's true, liberals stand by the gays, and it shocks me that you don't. Do they not hold citizenship in the United States? Are they doing anything illegal? Since not, the actual attacks on homosexuals, American citizens, is quite simply the least American thing to do. Remember the concept of the melting pot, and the quote that America was founded on "I may not agree with a single thing you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it." This implies that regardless if our own personal opinions on things we will support their right to practice, instead of these McCarthyesque attacks on the homosexual community.
5. The ACLU exists for one purpose, to make sure the rights provided by the constitution are protected. And a town government officially celebrating only a few religious holidays a year, and only ones coming from the Judeo Christian heritage qualifies under the establishment of a state church.
I'm a devout christian, and I love christmas, but I think I can do it just fine with my friends and family, I don't need the government celibrating it for me.
And if you hate the constitution so much, you can always leave, I hear Iran holds very similar values and governing theory as you.

So I understand you're afraid because this egocentric image of the world you hold is threatened, but you have to learn to adapt. The world does not circle around you and your "opinions" (I think the word is unfair since implies that you've actaully thought about these matters and came to conclusion as opposed to these seemingly random thoughts and spurts of hatred that you actually present), and not everyone is as ignorant, close minded, and hate filled as you. Once again, may I suggest Iran, I think you'd fit in really well there.

Damn good post.

galenrox said:
dude, we talked about this before the last time you felt like making a fool of yourself with ignorant liberal bashing.
Yes, if someone subsribed to all of the liberal values they'd be an idiot, as goes for conservatives. This is because there are views that are lumped together to combine to make the liberal and conservative ethos, but these views are not interconnected enough to make sense with all of them together. I really hope you're smart enough to realize that the reason a lot of liberals classify themselves as liberals because they fall more closely to the liberal ethos than the conservative ethos.
And that is completely failing to mention your ridiculous appraisal of the situation.
1. I have known many feminists in my day, and NONE of them hate men. I've even been to a NOW meeting and not a single one of them hates men. The man-haters are for all practical purposes a myth, and the fact that you believe that they really exist in any relevant numbers really speaks volumes about how much you actually know about feminism, and thus your actual credibility since despite your complete lack of knowledge and understanding didn't prevent you from pretending like you knew what you were talking about.
2. The majority of liberals are religious. This is a really stupid statement that makes my head hurt. The jesuits are a socialist group, Jimmy Carter's an evangelical christian, Jesus believed in 100% taxes, so from where exactly do you drawn this conclusion?
People claim that the republican party is the party of christians, but as far as I can tell the only things the republican party represents that could be considered christian by certain interpretations is their distaste for abortion and homosexuality, so that takes care of one line out of the bible. As far as the rest of the bible, which conservatives choose to ignore, all speaks of taking care of the poor and the sick, and endless forgiveness, neither of which the republican party is really interested in.
3. To claim we don't believe in moral absolutes is just ridiculous. Just because we understand the need for complex thought better than you do doesn't mean we can't say "That is just wrong." This is just an excuse to be lazy and not try to really understand what's going on before you choose what to do about it.
4. It's true, liberals stand by the gays, and it shocks me that you don't. Do they not hold citizenship in the United States? Are they doing anything illegal? Since not, the actual attacks on homosexuals, American citizens, is quite simply the least American thing to do. Remember the concept of the melting pot, and the quote that America was founded on "I may not agree with a single thing you say, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it." This implies that regardless if our own personal opinions on things we will support their right to practice, instead of these McCarthyesque attacks on the homosexual community.
5. The ACLU exists for one purpose, to make sure the rights provided by the constitution are protected. And a town government officially celebrating only a few religious holidays a year, and only ones coming from the Judeo Christian heritage qualifies under the establishment of a state church.
I'm a devout christian, and I love christmas, but I think I can do it just fine with my friends and family, I don't need the government celibrating it for me.
And if you hate the constitution so much, you can always leave, I hear Iran holds very similar values and governing theory as you.

So I understand you're afraid because this egocentric image of the world you hold is threatened, but you have to learn to adapt. The world does not circle around you and your "opinions" (I think the word is unfair since implies that you've actaully thought about these matters and came to conclusion as opposed to these seemingly random thoughts and spurts of hatred that you actually present), and not everyone is as ignorant, close minded, and hate filled as you. Once again, may I suggest Iran, I think you'd fit in really well there.

Sorry Fella,. ...but I'm NOT bashing liberals, ..I'm only telling it like it REALLY is with regards to liberalism.

I know, ...its as embarrassing as hell too, ..not for me...but for liberalism in general to be really exposed for what its core beliefs are.

Close minded, ..not at all, its just that most tenets of liberal ideology are just plain WRONG, period. Liberals LOVE calling people haters if one does not graciously accept liberalism with an open smile, ..or more fittingly,.. "bends over, & grabs their ankles"!

I love the constitution, but dislike those that deliberatly attempt to "read" things in it that does NOT, nor ever existed in it just so "they" can effectly get their personal policy preferences invoked as "law" thereby hoping to keep things "unchangeable, & untouchable", ..as most liberals love to see occur!

You are merely upset because you do not appreciate seeing liberalism as it "really" is.

Gotta hand it to liberals though, ...THEY love the nuance' of new inventive words & phrases like "family planning" which actually means "abortion, & death"...& we must NOT forget that it was liberal's who replaced the word homosexual with the word, "Gay"!

With liberalism, ..THEY simply do not like it when the PROPER actual "words" "descriptions" are used, & it sounds much more acceptable using the newer words, & definitions.

Why can't liberals be what they really are, ..& espouse the things they really do....instead of ALWAYS hiding their true selves, & hiding what they actually believe in?

I suspect that even you would have had the "hootspa" to argue with God while standing outside the city gates of Sodom, & Gomorah &....lecturing HIM that we should all be more politically correct, & refer to the homosexuals as "gays"!

You would probably also be telling the "almighty",.. that THEY were not hurting, or bothering anybody too!;)

AK_Conservative said:
He is very weak and more concerend about public opinion and approval ratins and what the New York Times or newsweek have to say about him rather then ignoring that and stepping up his agenda! I feel his weakness is mainly becuase of the media.
Disagree. If this were true he would be making immediate plans for
withdrawal from Iraq as public opinion, according to AP-Ipsos polls
(take that for what it's worth), indicates erosion of public support.

AK_Conservative said:
Now this i want you guys to answer truthfully, If a democrat was in office and did what bush has done, would you support him? Would you back him up with from false accusations?
A wasted question my compadre. To expect a leftist to say they would
have an opinion against "their guy" under any circumstances has
already been proven fallacious. Bill Clinton committed perjury for an act
most leftists perceive as "only about sex" and a "private matter of the
bedroom." This act did nothing to sway their opinion about him. He should
have been removed from office by the Senate for "high crimes and
misdemeanors" on that very point. You and I would have been staring at
bars for months or years for committing the same offense.

Don't get me wrong. The Republican majority in the Senate did not have the
political fortitude to do what was right. It makes one wonder how many
pictures of members of Congress in compromising positions are floating
around.

AK_Conservative said:
Now this i want you guys to answer truthfully, If a democrat was in office and did what bush has done, would you support him?

Anybody, Republican, Democrat, Whig or Tory, that takes our country with a surplus budget and in two years runs up 1/2 trillion dollar annual deficits completely loses my support.

Anybody, Republican, Democrat, Whig or Tory, who committs our nation to an invasion and occupation based on (at best) gross mistakes in using intellegence, completely loses my support.

Hoot said:
If a dem were in office and had pulled the things Bush has, I'd want him out....and I lean to the left. I still have some conservative leanings, but after the witch hunt against Clinton, it's difficult to repect the republican party anymore...IMHO.

Would I be happy if a Dem was spending money like Bush has?

Of course not. But at least the dems expect society to pay for their spending programs...you know...'tax and spend.'

Bush loves to 'borrow and spend,' far worse for the future of America.

So did you want Clinton out?:roll:

I have my problem with the spending this administration is doing.........I wish the democrats would not block the line item veto on bills that way the president could block a lot of pork items......

I do have to give the Adminstrations some leeway though because 9/11/01, 2 wars and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this country cost money and I believe no matter who was in office the deficit would still be huge...........

Back
Top Bottom