• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UFOs are now officially UAPs

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Pentagon confirms legitimacy of Navy pilot's unidentified aerial phenomena video

The Pentagon on Thursday confirmed that a leaked video showing an unidentified aerial phenomena (UAP) was real, CNN reports.

The video in question was filmed in night vision and showed a triangle-shaped object flying through the sky.

Pentagon officials confirmed to the news outlet that the footage was taken by Navy personnel.

The imagery will be deciphered as part of "ongoing investigations" into UAPs, according to CNN.

Video: https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/15/politics/unidentified-aerial-phenomena-defense-department/index.html
==========================================================
Looks like the Navy says UFOs are not only real, they are here now.

This thread may overlap with this thread:
The photos of UFO are real...

Last edited:
I realize that DoD intentionally degrades photographic and video quality of sensitive stuff "as released to the public" however that said, even if the quality is NOT degraded, a two hundred dollar consumer drone has better video quality than what we're seeing.
I realize there's a lot of tension in Congress right now but the fact is, we're going to want much higher quality images.

Do we need to consult with the producer of America's Funniest Home Videos producer (Vin DiBona) or something?

I realize that DoD intentionally degrades photographic and video quality of sensitive stuff "as released to the public" however that said, even if the quality is NOT degraded, a two hundred dollar consumer drone has better video quality than what we're seeing.
I realize there's a lot of tension in Congress right now but the fact is, we're going to want much higher quality images.

Do we need to consult with the producer of America's Funniest Home Videos producer (Vin DiBona) or something?
That indicates to me that the sensitive stuff is 'terrestrial origin', and is either a vehicle owned by the DoD, or a foreign power.

nearly everyone in the country if not the world is constantly walking around with really good video cameras. if aliens were folding the universe to come here with the goals of abducting schizophrenics and dissecting farm animals, we'd have live video of every incident from about five hundred different angles. we don't, because they aren't.

Triangle-type UFOs happen to appear as the Air Force tests new 6th generation fighters and drones that are triangle shaped. Co-inky-dink?

15333-1-1-.jpg

That indicates to me that the sensitive stuff is 'terrestrial origin', and is either a vehicle owned by the DoD, or a foreign power.

Not necessarily.
I wish I knew for sure, but as I've never contracted with the Federal Government (and in particular, DoD) to do any kind of video work, I can't say for sure but I do SUSPECT that "any and all video" has to get routed through some office that determines if a video file gets released AS IS to the public, without some form of "handling" procedure.
I'll just say that it wouldn't surprise me.

If there's a DoD policy on degrading video of this nature released to the public, there might be a special policy regarding UFO's or it may be a blanket policy that adheres to some sort of generalized master policy related to operational security, that applies to everything.

In the days of analog video it was easy, just adhere to a policy of only releasing third or fourth generation dubs, not the master tape footage.
Now with digital being what it is, generational quality loss isn't nearly the problem it used to be, unless you want to introduce such "loss".
Intentionally doing that is just a matter of transcoding to a much more compressed "lossy" file format.

Not necessarily.
I wish I knew for sure, but as I've never contracted with the Federal Government (and in particular, DoD) to do any kind of video work, I can't say for sure but I do SUSPECT that "any and all video" has to get routed through some office that determines if a video file gets released AS IS to the public, without some form of "handling" procedure.
I'll just say that it wouldn't surprise me.

If there's a DoD policy on degrading video of this nature released to the public, there might be a special policy regarding UFO's or it may be a blanket policy that adheres to some sort of generalized master policy related to operational security, that applies to everything.

In the days of analog video it was easy, just adhere to a policy of only releasing third or fourth generation dubs, not the master tape footage.
Now with digital being what it is, generational quality loss isn't nearly the problem it used to be, unless you want to introduce such "loss".
Intentionally doing that is just a matter of transcoding to a much more compressed "lossy" file format.
Maybe not, but the chances of that being the case verses what they are trying to imply are much higher. Until there is more.. hum.. substantial information and evidence, I will assume it's terrestrial origin, and the DoD trying to confuse the issue.

Maybe not, but the chances of that being the case verses what they are trying to imply are much higher. Until there is more.. hum.. substantial information and evidence, I will assume it's terrestrial origin, and the DoD trying to confuse the issue.

We are not that far apart. I'm saying "maybe or maybe not" and you're just being more of the pessimist/skeptic and saying "Yeah well, maybe not" . 😂
I can go with that, I do the pessimist thing sometimes!

To hell with the video.... I'd be more interested in what EME information was recorded for this incidents. Did they have a radar signature? What was their IR profile? Did they cause any interference?

Last edited:

The major development recently in China & Russia have been hypersonic vehicles, not UFO-like aerial vehicles. While this doesn't rule those out, our spy satellites should have picked up vehicles of this kind years ago.

The major development recently in China & Russia have been hypersonic vehicles, not UFO-like aerial vehicles. While this doesn't rule those out, our spy satellites should have picked up vehicles of this kind years ago.
And, of course, we wouldn't talk about it anyway.

I live ~15 miles north, as the crow flies, of Elmendorf AFB which is just north of Anchorage. I was never very good at aircraft identification, so I see UFOs/UAPs all the time. Having a strong background in astrophysics, it never once crossed my mind that these UFOs/UAPs could be from any other location than the planet Earth.

Back
Top Bottom