• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

UEFA Champions League 2013-2014

Andalublue

Hello again!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Left
Well, that's a great start for my beautiful, multi-cultural boys in bl... er, white!

After a very quiet first half in which we didn't quite get our heads around the way Plzen were playing, City really showed their class in the second half with three great goals that could easily have been five. I was so pleased to see the quality of the attack and the solid defence. Towards the end the midfield also showed some real ability in maintaining possession, stifling the spirited Plzen attack and shutting down the game, denying any possibility of a come-back.

And the goals! Three really, really good strikes: the first was great team-work, the second was the goal of the night and the third was a bit of genius from Agüero - he scored virtually with his back to goal. I'm a happy chap tonight.

Was watching 3 games at a time.. but not the City game. FCK held off Juve.. brilliant game. Real won of course and should have had Pepe thrown out and even Ronaldo who dived to try to get a penalty. Rooney put on a masterclass for Man U.. not a bad first evening of CL.

Was watching 3 games at a time.. but not the City game. FCK held off Juve.. brilliant game. Real won of course and should have had Pepe thrown out and even Ronaldo who dived to try to get a penalty. Rooney put on a masterclass for Man U.. not a bad first evening of CL.

Poor choices. City v. Plzen was a great match.

Watched the Bayern game.. looked good.

Madrid has an amazing team this season, they've made some very crucial changes with the leaving of Ozil and Higuain and the arrival of Isco, Illara and of course Bale.
They're my favorites for the title this season along with Bayern and Barca. The rest are just not at that level with all due respect to the English and Italian clubs and PSG.

I watched PSG and they did well, but was a bit disappointed by Juve who screwed my loto ticket. Still, I won 2.80 € last night!

Madrid has an amazing team this season, they've made some very crucial changes with the leaving of Ozil and Higuain and the arrival of Isco, Illara and of course Bale.
They're my favorites for the title this season along with Bayern and Barca. The rest are just not at that level with all due respect to the English and Italian clubs and PSG.

It's an opinion, I guess. Let's wait and see. I'm not judging our chances on the basis of an away win in the Czech Republic, and I wouldn't judge Real on the basis of spanking Galatasaray. Neither Barca nor Real are looking that magisterial at home so far. Too early to call it.

Watching football on TV is so last century. I watched on first row sports.

Yea yea ... my set up was

TV with TVE 1 with Real
TV with ITV with Man U
PC with Slingbox and TV3+ from Denmark with FCK..

It's an opinion, I guess. Let's wait and see. I'm not judging our chances on the basis of an away win in the Czech Republic, and I wouldn't judge Real on the basis of spanking Galatasaray. Neither Barca nor Real are looking that magisterial at home so far. Too early to call it.

The thing about Barca and Madrid is that you can always count on them to be at the top level of Europe.
Each year they make changes and each year they stay at the top.
This is something that you could tell in the past about ManU as well, but they have been falling gradually in their level during recent years.

About City I think they've had made huge mistakes during this summer with the players they bought.
However at the same time they did keep the majority of their stars and they're not supposed to fall short of last year's team, they're just not predicted to be better either.

Rooney looked very good last night as did United, don't understand why they don't play Kagwa more often?

AC Milan vs Celtic tonight! Always good fun watching Celtic in Europe!

Rooney looked very good last night as did United, don't understand why they don't play Kagwa more often?
De Gea looked shaky, but otherwise not bad, just not as good as City.

AC Milan vs Celtic tonight! Always good fun watching Celtic in Europe!
That's quite cruel. Apart from their Barca fluke last year Celtic are duds in Europe.

De Gea looked shaky, but otherwise not bad, just not as good as City.

That's quite cruel. Apart from their Barca fluke last year Celtic are duds in Europe.

They are very hard to beat at home! They have beaten the likes of Barca, Juve, Man U, Liverpool etc in recent years and they have managed to escape the group stages on several occasions despite having a very small budget ( something city have yet to do). Most of all I love the passion of the fans and the players they always give it their all which makes them fun to watch.

Poor old Celtic they held their own for 80 mins and after hitting the cross bar themselves they lose a cheap goal on the counter to AC Milan, Lucky lucky AC Milan

WTF Chealski? Cant even beat Basel at home? Time for Mourinho to go?... or maybe some of the players?

And what Ronaldo does... Messi does better :)

WTF Chealski? Cant even beat Basel at home? Time for Mourinho to go?... or maybe some of the players?

And what Ronaldo does... Messi does better :)

Huge loss for Chelsea, I love that Basel team they really look to bring the game to you.

Little Swansea show those LA Liga boys how to play the game! Smashed Valenicia in Spain, crazy!

Little Swansea show those LA Liga boys how to play the game! Smashed Valenicia in Spain, crazy!

Not really.. red card for Valencia after 10 minutes (deserved) kinda meant it would be much easier for Swansea. Add to that, the fact that Valencia has had a horrible season start and well.

Not really.. red card for Valencia after 10 minutes (deserved) kinda meant it would be much easier for Swansea. Add to that, the fact that Valencia has had a horrible season start and well.

Too easy pete ;)

Back
Top Bottom