• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Uae/Israel agreement

No, they most certainly do not have to resort to terrorism. They now finally may find the clarity resulting from despair to recognize that they should not be =engaging in terrorism and indeed should not be doing ANYTHING to try to achieve the genocidal objectives that are the core of the Palestinian National Identity.

yes they do if no one likes them

Government Representatives getting rich through their office, it is called a conflict of interest here in the US, in Russia it is just another day of business.

representatives get very rich

representatives get very rich
Yes, yes they do, often while overlooking the needs of the State to look after their own needs. You guys tore a Nation apart over just such policy and thinking, now some condone it, seems some have lost their roots.

Yes, yes they do, often while overlooking the needs of the State to look after their own needs. You guys tore a Nation apart over just such policy and thinking, now some condone it, seems some have lost their roots.

this is not news

politicans are normal people-greedy selfish people

True, but they are supposed to rise above it and be Patriots, we ask it of those in uniform so why not those in suits?

True, but they are supposed to rise above it and be Patriots, we ask it of those in uniform so why not those in suits?

no they arent supposed to and never have

no they arent supposed to and never have

Disagree on Both points. Can you not name any Russian or American politicians that were more Patriot than Oligarch, have you lost your way that much?

Disagree on Both points. Can you not name any Russian or American politicians that were more Patriot than Oligarch, have you lost your way that much?

humans are humans

The best news out of the Near East for about twenty years. A triumph for the Trump administration, whether or not the President had much personal input into the negotiations.

We shall see what the professional Israel haters have to say. Probably a full-on barrage of lies and distortions.

James Carafano: Israel-UAE agreement shows Trump’s Middle East policy succeeding | Fox News
I'm a liberal Democrat who supports Trump. Truthfully I didn't this between Israel and the Emirates coming. I always thought there were under the surface commercial relations but I'm surprised and gratified it finally went public. The deal itself was a natural; Israeli talent partnered with Arab money is a beautiful combination. This area could rival the United States in importance and influence. As opponents it's a charnel house.

It would even be better if Iran got aboard the "love train."

The O'Jays - Love Train - YouTube

I'm a liberal Democrat who supports Trump. Truthfully I didn't this between Israel and the Emirates coming. I always thought there were under the surface commercial relations but I'm surprised and gratified it finally went public. The deal itself was a natural; Israeli talent partnered with Arab money is a beautiful combination. This area could rival the United States in importance and influence. As opponents it's a charnel house.

It would even be better if Iran got aboard the "love train."

The O'Jays - Love Train - YouTube

uae, qatar and bahrain are rich coutnrires like Israel

Palestinians are now isolated, with very few options.

I'm actually hopeful that these countries will use their newfound relationship with Israel to help broker a two state solution. For that to happen, the Arabs always had to come to the table and recognize Israel and kudos to the Trump admin for assisting in that. But this doesn't mean they no longer recognize Palestine does it?

One also has to wonder if it's just something for show now that Trump will forget about after the election - even if they win. Securing middle east peace is and has been a lengthy process and getting one or two Arab countries to start talking to Israel is a much-needed kickstart, but it's still going to take decades. Does the administration have the focus and diligence to stay engaged even after it's scored them a few evangelical points in the election at home?

We'll see. If nothing else this admin has left any future presidents - GOP or Dem - a diplomatic ball they can run with.

I'm actually hopeful that these countries will use their newfound relationship with Israel to help broker a two state solution. For that to happen, the Arabs always had to come to the table and recognize Israel and kudos to the Trump admin for assisting in that. But this doesn't mean they no longer recognize Palestine does it?

One also has to wonder if it's just something for show now that Trump will forget about after the election - even if they win. Securing middle east peace is and has been a lengthy process and getting one or two Arab countries to start talking to Israel is a much-needed kickstart, but it's still going to take decades. Does the administration have the focus and diligence to stay engaged even after it's scored them a few evangelical points in the election at home?

We'll see. If nothing else this admin has left any future presidents - GOP or Dem - a diplomatic ball they can run with.

I don't think there's going to be a two-state solution. Palestinians missed their chance.

I don't think there's going to be a two-state solution. Palestinians missed their chance.

It's not a case of only getting "one chance" and missing it. They are still a stateless people and that still needs to be addressed. The Arab states aren't going to accept Israel annexing the West Bank either.

It's not a case of only getting "one chance" and missing it. They are still a stateless people and that still needs to be addressed. The Arab states aren't going to accept Israel annexing the West Bank either.

Generations of political foolishness and military incompetence have a price. The Palestinians are paying it now. They took a wrong turn at Oslo, and the other Arabs have grown tired of them. No one cares whether the Palestinians are stateless, and there will be a deal to make the West Bank problem disappear.

Generations of political foolishness and military incompetence have a price. The Palestinians are paying it now. They took a wrong turn at Oslo, and the other Arabs have grown tired of them. No one cares whether the Palestinians are stateless, and there will be a deal to make the West Bank problem disappear.

It won't 'disappear' as long as there are Palestinians there. My guess is the Arab states are looking at addressing it in some form sooner or later and have finally realized (duh) that they'll have to talk to Israel too. The right wing Israeli dream of occupying the entire West Bank depends very much on which govt is in power at the time and Netanyahu's bunch won't be around forever. Likewise the US attitude depends on who's in the White House: suffice to say neither the American left nor the Arab states subscribe to the evangelical dream of a 'Holy Land' occupied solely by the 'Chosen People' that will usher in the Rapture.

Pragmatism dictates the two sides need to come to an agreement sooner or later. Since you mentioned Oslo it is quite possible the Palestinians won't get as sweet a deal as they'd once hoped - they've lost a lot of territory since then. But nor will they just 'disappear' or submit to Israeli rule. I imagine the gulf states don't expect them to either.

It won't 'disappear' as long as there are Palestinians there. My guess is the Arab states are looking at addressing it in some form sooner or later and have finally realized (duh) that they'll have to talk to Israel too. The right wing Israeli dream of occupying the entire West Bank depends very much on which govt is in power at the time and Netanyahu's bunch won't be around forever. Likewise the US attitude depends on who's in the White House: suffice to say neither the American left nor the Arab states subscribe to the evangelical dream of a 'Holy Land' occupied solely by the 'Chosen People' that will usher in the Rapture.

Pragmatism dictates the two sides need to come to an agreement sooner or later. Since you mentioned Oslo it is quite possible the Palestinians won't get as sweet a deal as they'd once hoped - they've lost a lot of territory since then. But nor will they just 'disappear' or submit to Israeli rule. I imagine the gulf states don't expect them to either.

None of the Arab states actually care at all about the Palestinians. They were just a weapon to use against Israel. Now that Israel is no longer an enemy, there is no longer any reason to support the Palestinians. The Palestinian people will gradually be absorbed into the populations of neighboring states.

None of the Arab states actually care at all about the Palestinians. They were just a weapon to use against Israel. Now that Israel is no longer an enemy, there is no longer any reason to support the Palestinians. The Palestinian people will gradually be absorbed into the populations of neighboring states.

israel is still an enemy to non-oil rich countries like the majority of them

most countries recognize israel and palestine except america and terrible middle eastern countries

LOL, then Christ will come down with a flaming sword, smite the unbelievers and - including all the Jews I imagine - and take all the happy clappers up to heaven. Gee, thanks Gulf States for making that easier.

Look they are now one step closer to resolving this issue, but not to the extent that one party will get everything it wants. And hopefully the American camp under the next administration will go back to being an honest broker rather than a shill for the religious Right.

LOL, then Christ will come down with a flaming sword, smite the unbelievers and - including all the Jews I imagine - and take all the happy clappers up to heaven. Gee, thanks Gulf States for making that easier.

Look they are now one step closer to resolving this issue, but not to the extent that one party will get everything it wants. And hopefully the American camp under the next administration will go back to being an honest broker rather than a shill for the religious Right.

It's over. The Palestinians lost. And FWIW, I'm agnostic.

Indeed. The Palestinians sealed their own fate a good while ago now. The Iranians unwittingly gave it all the final push.

Back
Top Bottom