• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

U.S. Warns Iraq It Won't Support Sectarian Goals

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
The US goes over to Iraq to "liberate them from a radicalist totalitarian regime. Then with elections seems that the Iraqi's as well as the remainder of the muslim world prefer to have a sectarian government that is similar to that of Iran. Particularily the Shiites.
Well just another goofball screwup by Bush Inc. Should we be surprised at all?
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/i...&en=e031a0e2d8205e43&ei=5094&partner=homepage
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The irony is that this is one of the few good things were doing in Iraq that I support the President on. It is sad that even the perception of the good we are trying to do there has no chance to succeed.
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
jfuh said:
The US goes over to Iraq to "liberate them from a radicalist totalitarian regime. Then with elections seems that the Iraqi's as well as the remainder of the muslim world prefer to have a sectarian government that is similar to that of Iran. Particularily the Shiites.
Well just another goofball screwup by Bush Inc. Should we be surprised at all?
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/i...&en=e031a0e2d8205e43&ei=5094&partner=homepage
Iran is sectarian? Since when?
 

Kelzie

The Almighty
DP Veteran
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
13,534
Reaction score
1,000
Location
Denver, CO
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Kelzie said:
Iran is sectarian? Since when?
Umm...yeah disregard. Got my definitions mixed up and...wait...I was being sarcastic. Yeah, that's it...sarcastic...
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Kelzie:
Umm...yeah disregard. Got my definitions mixed up and...wait...I was being sarcastic. Yeah, that's it...sarcastic...
Be all that you could be.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
It is ironic that the only good thing Bush Inc does in Iraq turns around to bite right back in thier ***. All this ideology of how democracy would put an end to rising islamic fundamentalism sure has back fired hasn't it?
I can't wait to see the spin that equally radical members (aquapup, KC con) will put on this thread lol.
 

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 5, 2005
Messages
8,682
Reaction score
262
Location
Philadelphia,PA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
jfuh said:
It is ironic that the only good thing Bush Inc does in Iraq turns around to bite right back in thier ***. All this ideology of how democracy would put an end to rising islamic fundamentalism sure has back fired hasn't it?
I can't wait to see the spin that equally radical members (aquapup, KC con) will put on this thread lol.
It must be terrible to have an issue with how a governement should be run after 3 years since it only took our own government 12 years...:roll:
 

Conflict

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
cnredd said:
It must be terrible to have an issue with how a governement should be run after 3 years since it only took our own government 12 years...:roll:
Why do you juxtapose it in this sense? We didn't gain independence by installment. No nation ever has. It is by the influence of independent thought and prosperity in liberty that we had become what we were (not what we are now).

It is simply idiotic to assume that you can install your political belief upon a foreign nation by force. This has never worked in the past. The people of the said nation have to make that choice independently. You can't force it upon them and call it liberation in this sense.
 

Conflict

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
thread title said:
Re: U.S. Warns Iraq It Won't Support Sectarian Goals
No, The United States Government (neo-con elitists, et al) has warned Iraq that it won't support sectarian goals. The government won't stand for anything less than complete dictation.

The American PEOPLE on the other hand have made no statements and have not BEEN HEARD on the issue.
 

F41

Active member
Joined
Sep 8, 2005
Messages
341
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
jfuh said:
The US goes over to Iraq to "liberate them from a radicalist totalitarian regime. Then with elections seems that the Iraqi's as well as the remainder of the muslim world prefer to have a sectarian government that is similar to that of Iran. Particularily the Shiites.
Well just another goofball screwup by Bush Inc. Should we be surprised at all?
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/21/i...&en=e031a0e2d8205e43&ei=5094&partner=homepage
Just because we liberated them and they choose to elect a sectarian government do you really think we would have to support the Government they chose? They are free to choose the Government they want and we, as any nation, are free to not support them in there choice. It would be like what Jimmy (peanut) Carter wants in supporting an elected terrorist government as Hamas in Palestine. Ain't gonna happen.
 

Conflict

Banned
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Messages
745
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Centrist
ThePhoenix said:
Just because we liberated them and they choose to elect a sectarian government do you really think we would have to support the Government they chose?
If you are really concerned with liberating them and giving them a democracy then why wouldn't you support the government that THEY CHOOSE?

OF COURSE! WHat in the HELL are you thinking?

Oh, you think they should just do whatever we tell them, eh? DICTATION.

Do you really think that Bush is going to aquire a puppet democracy in Iraq? LOL!

Sycophant said:
They are free to choose the Government they want and we, as any nation, are free to not support them in there choice. It would be like what Jimmy (peanut) Carter wants in supporting an elected terrorist government as Hamas in Palestine. Ain't gonna happen.
Why the political reference to Carter? I can admit the guy is getting senile... but you are seeming no better than him.

It doesn't matter if you support them in their choice.

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT DEMOCRACY IS?
 
Last edited:

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by Conflict:
The American PEOPLE on the other hand have made no statements and have not BEEN HEARD on the issue.
I'm not sure what is worse. A tyrannical regime or the factors that allow it to exist.
 

jfuh

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 10, 2005
Messages
16,631
Reaction score
1,227
Location
Pacific Rim
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
ThePhoenix said:
Just because we liberated them and they choose to elect a sectarian government do you really think we would have to support the Government they chose? They are free to choose the Government they want and we, as any nation, are free to not support them in there choice. It would be like what Jimmy (peanut) Carter wants in supporting an elected terrorist government as Hamas in Palestine. Ain't gonna happen.
So why is the US spending soo much money over there to build a government it doesn't want? Didn't want Saddam, ousted him, is that going to be the same for Iraq again after democratic elections? Just what are you saying phoenix.
 
Top Bottom