• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. voting rights activist Stacey Abrams nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

My rightful governor, the voting rights activist whose get-out-the-vote efforts helped win Georgia's 16 electoral votes and both its Senate seats for now, is going to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Go, Stacey! (y)

everyone gets nominated, heck even Donald was nominated

I would enjoy if she actually won the award.

My rightful governor, the voting rights activist whose get-out-the-vote efforts helped win Georgia's 16 electoral votes and both its Senate seats for now, is going to be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize. Go, Stacey! (y)
No...she lost the election. You sound like a Trumpite. Also, what is she nominated for again? She tried to invalidate the election she lost. Kinda goes against what she's been nominated for.

Sweet!

No...she lost the election. You sound like a Trumpite. Also, what is she nominated for again? She tried to invalidate the election she lost. Kinda goes against what she's been nominated for.
Once again for those who refuse to remember. She was beaten by Kemp, the GA Secretary of State (elected official in charge of running the election).
"It turned out that a year earlier Baiye had been removed from the voter rolls in a purge led by the office of Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who was running for governor against Abrams. On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections."
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/10/29/georgia-voting-registration-records-removed
Abrams lost the election by less than 50,000 votes. But Kemp did even more...

Once again for those who refuse to remember. She was beaten by Kemp, the GA Secretary of State (elected official in charge of running the election).
"It turned out that a year earlier Baiye had been removed from the voter rolls in a purge led by the office of Republican Secretary of State Brian Kemp, who was running for governor against Abrams. On a single day in late July 2017, Kemp's office had removed from the rolls 560,000 Georgians who had been flagged because they'd skipped one too many elections."
https://www.apmreports.org/story/2019/10/29/georgia-voting-registration-records-removed
I was removed from the voter rolls recently as well. That means jack and shit. She lost.

I was removed from the voter rolls recently as well. That means jack and shit. She lost.
Why were you removed?
Half a million voters removed. Do you think those removals accurately reflect the demography of the GA voter? Removing voters before you run for a higher office doesn't seem odd to you?

Why were you removed?
Half a million voters removed. Do you think those removals accurately reflect the demography of the GA voter? Removing voters before you run for a higher office doesn't seem odd to you?
Missing elections is my guess, same as was posted in the story. I'm in a predominantly white and GOP stronghold area and a registered Republican so what excuse are you going to use?

You were unfortunately disenfranchised by this, even if you see it as something to be personally concerned about.

Missing elections is my guess, same as was posted in the story. I'm in a predominantly white and GOP stronghold area and a registered Republican so what excuse are you going to use?
I'm going to say that could be true, but I have no reason to believe you.
Do you believe that President Biden was elected in a fair election that was free of statistically significant voter fraud last November?

I'm going to say that could be true, but I have no reason to believe you.
Do you believe that President Biden was elected in a fair election that was free of statistically significant voter fraud last November?
Yes, the election process for Biden was fair. I think the media, traditional and social, had a big effect though and gives Democrats a very large advantage. But that is not the actual election process.

That was also back when we had electronic-only voting machines. No paper trail. So a recount would have done nothing.

We then upgraded to electronic machines that printed out your vote. While hand ballots are the best, at least this gave us a paper trail. Early voting was also expanded.

Now our illegitimate governor has tried to take a lot of our voting rights away from us. We're going to have to rally again to get out the vote!

Yes, the election process for Biden was fair. I think the media, traditional and social, had a big effect though and gives Democrats a very large advantage. But that is not the actual election process.
Thank you.

"My eye is on 2021. Because when we do re-districting in 2021, if we have not changed the electorate, especially in the South, we will have a majority minority population that is governed by a minority white conservative coalition. And that’s the most dangerous precedent that we can possibly set for the South in the next 20 years,” Abrams declared. "

So, people supporting voter suppression get nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize now?
Yes, by her own logic, Stacey Abrams suppressed the vote in Georgia and did it more blatantly than anything in the state’s new voting law, which will actually extend early-voting hours in many places.
Anyone calling the Georgia law “Jim Crow 2.0” at the very least has his enumeration wrong. The Stacey Abrams–supported bill in 2011 should, on these terms, get the 2.0 designation, rendering the new law Jim Crow 3.0.
The Abrams legislation cut the days for early voting from 45 all the way down to 21.
Why? Abrams says that early voting could be “a cost-prohibitive burden” to local governments. Smaller jurisdictions, she writes, complained they’d have to cut back in other budgetary areas to maintain the longer period of early voting, and the costs of keeping a facility open were the same whether many people were using it or not.
Since Obama was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize before accomplishing anything, the Nobel Peace Prize has lost credibility.

BTW, she really handed it to Sen Kennedy who was interrupting and trying to throw her off during testimony about GA changing voting laws. It was beautiful.

No, her opponant did everything he could do within the powers of Secretary of State for Georgia to rig his own election.

And, according to the twisted rules, she lost.

Folks are hip to the games that the right has been playing for years. Voter caging operations. Closing polling stations, and the rest.

And folks aren’t going to put up with it anymore.

Taht’s what yesterday was about.

And that’s why Stacey Abrams was nominated for the Nobel Prize.

The angry white mob that voted for Trump and has spent much time denigrating Barack Obama, and Kamala Harris mainly because of the color of their skin, and hide in their social media safe spaces, trade conspiracy theories, and listen to imaginary characters on the internet.

But that movement disgraced itself beyond redepemtion on Jan 6th.

And many have doubled down on that with denials, deflections, distortions, and outright lies.

And that’s another reason Stacey Abrams got nominated.

She works for and speaks for what this country says it believes in.

The Qanon shaman doesn’t!

No, her opponant did everything he could do within the powers of Secretary of State for Georgia to rig his own election.

And, according to the twisted rules, she lost.
She lost the election, and it was certified. Get over it and stop being mimicking Trumpers.

She may have lost the election due to Kemp's purging of thousands of voters at the last minute. In simpler words, he's a fu**ing cheater and ought to be imprisoned. I hope she wins the prize. God knows she worked her ass off to hand Georgia to the Dems.

She lost the election, and it was certified. Get over it and stop being mimicking Trumpers.

I got over it a long time ago.

That’s the way it is with elections. You lose because of the other guy’s dirty tricks. You still lose. I never disputed that.

But the caging operations, the manipulation of polling places and shorting of voting machines in minority areas, arcane and deliberately confusing voter ID laws, and having your opponant in charge of managing the election were all things that happened.

You can bray “get over it” all you want. But that’s what has been going on.

And the GOP, faced with being the ”party of no” for over a decade, and having little to show for it other than finding themselved behind and beholden to a con man who knew that playing Archie Bunker on TV would get the rubes out enough to get him close (although he never once, got 50% of the vote in any contested election).

And that legacy, is why the GOP is furiously trying to make it harder to vote.

Contary to your assertion, we “got over it”.

And we’re going to make sure that none of these old tricks work the next time.

I got over it a long time ago.

That’s the way it is with elections. You lose because of the other guy’s dirty tricks. You still lose. I never disputed that.

But the caging operations, the manipulation of polling places and shorting of voting machines in minority areas, arcane and deliberately confusing voter ID laws, and having your opponant in charge of managing the election were all things that happened.

You can bray “get over it” all you want. But that’s what has been going on.

And the GOP, faced with being the ”party of no” for over a decade, and having little to show for it other than finding themselved behind and beholden to a con man who knew that playing Archie Bunker on TV would get the rubes out enough to get him close (although he never once, got 50% of the vote in any contested election).

And that legacy, is why the GOP is furiously trying to make it harder to vote.

Contary to your assertion, we “got over it”.

And we’re going to make sure that none of these old tricks work the next time.
Always accusations of voter suppression but never any proof.

Back
Top Bottom