• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S., U.K. Say Russian Government Responsible For Cyberattack On Ukraine

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

The United States and Great Britain have accused Russia of being behind the February 15 cyberattacks on Ukraine's Defense Ministry and banking system. Anne Neuberger, the White House's chief cyber official, told reporters on February 18 that "we believe the Russian government is responsible for widespread cyberattacks on Ukrainian banks this week." Neuberger said U.S. officials decided to quickly go public with the information on the cyberattack because of the urgency of the situation, given Russia's massive buildup of troops along the Ukrainian border. Neuberger said U.S. experts had obtained data showing that infrastructure connected with Russia's GRU military intelligence agency "was seen transmitting high volumes of communication to Ukraine-based IP addresses and domains." Neuberger said U.S. experts had obtained data showing that infrastructure connected with Russia's GRU military intelligence agency "was seen transmitting high volumes of communication to Ukraine-based IP addresses and domains."

The Ukrainian government on February 15 said the websites of its armed forces and several ministries and banks were crippled by a cyberattack. The website of the Defense Ministry "probably suffered DDoS (distributed denial-of-service) attacks when an excessive number of requests per second was recorded," the ministry said on Twitter. The ministry was one of at least 10 Ukrainian websites that stopped working due to DDoS attacks, AP reported. It said the Foreign Ministry and the Culture Ministry were among the others affected.
At least two banks, Privatbank and Oschadbank, were also targeted by cyberattacks on February 15. Privatbank's outages were caused by a DDoS attack, the center said. Neuberger said earlier this month that Russia could use cyberattacks as part of its efforts to destabilize and further invade Ukraine. Two U.S. technology companies -- Microsoft and Palo Alto Networks -- on February 4 said a hacking team that Ukraine says is controlled by Russian intelligence has targeted a wide range of organizations in the country.

No surprise here. There will no doubt be a huge cyber-attack campaign whenever Putin gives the order to invade.

Targets will include the UA military, power grids, financial institutions, media websites etc.

Who else would it be?

Who else would it be?

It could also be a Ukrainian false flag operation. To procure arms. If I were head of the Ukrainian KGB I will conduct at least one false flag a week. Each war scare so far has seen Ukraine showered with planeloads of Javelin and Stingers. Boris the Menace in London doesn't even need false flags to engage in arson, but good false flags from the Ukrainian KGB can give him the political cover to engage in real mischief.

Don't the Ukrainian's have anti malware programs. I can send them my copy of Norton protection. It cost me single dollars

It could also be a Ukrainian false flag operation. To procure arms. If I were head of the Ukrainian KGB I will conduct at least one false flag a week. Each war scare so far has seen Ukraine showered with planeloads of Javelin and Stingers. Boris the Menace in London doesn't even need false flags to engage in arson, but good false flags from the Ukrainian KGB can give him the political cover to engage in real mischief.

Don't the Ukrainian's have anti malware programs. I can send them my copy of Norton protection. It cost me single dollars
Wow, so Putin is the good guy and the Ukrainians have forced him to move 150,000 troops with tanks, artillery, and missile launchers to their border in ready attack positions?

Wow, so Putin is the good guy and the Ukrainians have forced him to move 150,000 troops with tanks, artillery, and missile launchers to their border in ready attack positions?

Putin a good guy? There are no good and bad guys. They are all gray.

And I was talking about false flags. The Ukrainian KGB is quite capable of mounting its own

You should know Juin by now. Ever the Putin/Kremlin apologist.

Bit like the UK and US fake dossier on Russian interference in elections .

In other words -- undiluted drivel .

Back
Top Bottom