• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. troops 'embarrassed' by Trump's Syria plan, Kurdish commander says

TU Curmudgeon

B.A. (Sarc), LLb. (Lex Sarcasus), PhD (Sarc.)
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
From NBC News

KOBANE, Syria — American military leaders are "constantly apologizing" for President Donald Trump's Syria withdrawal plan, according to the commander who oversees a force of 65,000 U.S.-backed fighters that's battling the Islamic State.

“It was a joint war, but they left us in the middle of the road,” said Gen. Mazlum Kobane, who is in charge of the coalition of militias known as the Syrian Democratic Forces.

U.S. troops and Kurdish-led fighters were "brothers in arms" as partners on the ground in the war against ISIS in Syria, he added.

But Trump’s announcement that he was withdrawing all U.S. troops from the country immediately has left the Kurds feeling abandoned. The president tweeted on Dec. 19 that the U.S. had “defeated ISIS in Syria,” adding that was the “only reason” to have troops on the ground there.

On Wednesday, ISIS claimed responsibility for a suicide attack in Manbij that killed 19, including four Americans.

COMMENT:-

So far there is neither confirmation nor denial of the alleged report that Mr. Trump's response was that the troops should

"STFU and soldier. I'M the Commander-in-Chief and if they don't like it they should go back to where they came from - buncha pathetic losers - if they're so smart why ain't they rich like I am? Besides when I said what they said I said I didn't say it.".​

With the exception of the stupid people, the entire US is embarrassed by Trump.

From NBC News

KOBANE, Syria — American military leaders are "constantly apologizing" for President Donald Trump's Syria withdrawal plan, according to the commander who oversees a force of 65,000 U.S.-backed fighters that's battling the Islamic State.

“It was a joint war, but they left us in the middle of the road,” said Gen. Mazlum Kobane, who is in charge of the coalition of militias known as the Syrian Democratic Forces.

U.S. troops and Kurdish-led fighters were "brothers in arms" as partners on the ground in the war against ISIS in Syria, he added.

But Trump’s announcement that he was withdrawing all U.S. troops from the country immediately has left the Kurds feeling abandoned. The president tweeted on Dec. 19 that the U.S. had “defeated ISIS in Syria,” adding that was the “only reason” to have troops on the ground there.

On Wednesday, ISIS claimed responsibility for a suicide attack in Manbij that killed 19, including four Americans.

COMMENT:-

So far there is neither confirmation nor denial of the alleged report that Mr. Trump's response was that the troops should

"STFU and soldier. I'M the Commander-in-Chief and if they don't like it they should go back to where they came from - buncha pathetic losers - if they're so smart why ain't they rich like I am? Besides when I said what they said I said I didn't say it.".​

Hey, you are getting good at that hate Trump media speak. Maybe NBC has a job for you.

Now I have difficulty fathoming a reason we are or have ever been in Syria. Uninvited. Occupiers. Invaders. Weapons. Finding. Allied with Saudi Arabia, the home of terrorists and their supporters. For those simple reasons, I think pulling out of Syria is Trump's best executive decision to date. Perhaps he read some intelligence reports and found out the false flag gas attacks attributed to Assad were the clandestine CIA/MI6 supported White Helmets. The arms being captured from ISIS are mostly from the USA and does that trigger and synapses?
/

Hey, you are getting good at that hate Trump media speak. Maybe NBC has a job for you.

And you're getting even better at ignoring the point to attack whomever criticised your Dear Leader.

Now I have difficulty fathoming a reason we are or have ever been in Syria. Uninvited. Occupiers. Invaders. Weapons. Finding. Allied with Saudi Arabia, the home of terrorists and their supporters. For those simple reasons, I think pulling out of Syria is Trump's best executive decision to date. Perhaps he read some intelligence reports and found out the false flag gas attacks attributed to Assad were the clandestine CIA/MI6 supported White Helmets. The arms being captured from ISIS are mostly from the USA and does that trigger and synapses?
/
At least among the really dumb excuses for Trump's stupidity, this one is original.

/

You were making sense until the bolded... Then you lapsed into the standard CT speak and lies.

Now you have relief workers gassing civilians?

I wouldn't go that far, but I might agree with you if you inserted "effectively" between "the" and "stupid".

Back
Top Bottom