• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. trade deficit hits 10-year high; private hiring slows

MTAtech

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
[h=1]Reuters: U.S. trade deficit hits 10-year high; private hiring slows[/h]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. trade deficit jumped to a 10-year high in October as soybean exports dropped further and imports of consumer goods rose to a record high, suggesting the Trump administration’s tariff-related measures to shrink the trade gap likely have been ineffective.

Other data on Thursday showed private employers hired fewer workers than expected in November, pointing to a moderation in the pace of job growth. That was reinforced by another report showing a small decline in the number of Americans filing claims for unemployment benefits last week.
Another example of getting tired of winning.

I just can't remember who said, "trade wars are good and easy to win." I hope he has another realization, like the one that he had about health care ("who would have known that health care could be so complicated.")

I am sympathetic that rapid growth in globalization has hurt some American workers, and an import surge after 2000 disrupted industries and communities. But a Trump's trade war is only exacerbate the damage.

Trump needs to hope that he doesn't end up tanking the economy with his ill-planned trade wars and up & down stock market. It's all he has going for him, and his ratings are still bad. If the economy goes under, he's going to sink even further.

Trump needs to hope that he doesn't end up tanking the economy with his ill-planned trade wars and up & down stock market. It's all he has going for him, and his ratings are still bad. If the economy goes under, he's going to sink even further.

It seems perhaps he has a hard floor no matter what happens.

Why blame Trump for anything when you can blame the poor, Muslims, gays and immigrants?

Why blame Trump for anything when you can blame the poor, Muslims, gays and immigrants?

I don't blame them individually, but I do blame poor, Muslim, gay immigrants.

I just can't remember who said, "trade wars are good and easy to win." I hope he has another realization, like the one that he had about health care ("who would have known that health care could be so complicated.")

I am sympathetic that rapid growth in globalization has hurt some American workers, and an import surge after 2000 disrupted industries and communities. But a Trump's trade war is only exacerbate the damage.

That along with this news is about the make economic **** hit the fan...

She was in Vancouver and the US asked her to be arrested. Now the US is trying extradite her here. This will be a massive issue in trump's China trade wars.

Trump is making America great again, starting with a greater trade deficit than before.

Once again Mr. Trump proves that he can do anything better than any President in the history of the United States of America.

Mr. Trump's "stake" in the US economy is primarily in real estate and, as Samuel Clemens once remarked "Buy land, they've stopped making it.".

No matter how much the US economy shrinks (or expands) there is going to be the same number of square feet of land in the USA.

Thanks Obama!

If the economy tanks it will be because of the house Democrats.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

To save you some work, here is a clip from "The Big Little Golden Book of Official Positions" (Cliff's Notes version):

The __[insert negative happening]__ of the __[insert area of negative happening]__ is all the fault of __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ and would have been much worse had it not been for the wise foresight and determined action of __[insert name of current office holder]__. The fact that the __[insert derogatory term]__ actions which caused this temporary __[insert negative happening]__ of the __[insert area of negative happening]__ was solely the cause of the deliberate actions of __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ were beyond the power of __[insert name of current office holder]__ is proof that __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ is an active member of __[insert name of currently fashionable phantom menace]__ and means that it is only __[insert name of current office holder]__ who is preventing the country from being plunged into a __[insert type of bogyman state currently out of fashion]__. Thank you, no further questions and no further comments."

In order to save bandwidth, please issue the above simply as:

• SRRS 47/ __[insert negative happening]__ / __[insert area of negative happening]__ / __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ / __[insert name of current office holder]__ / __[insert name of currently fashionable phantom menace]__ / __[insert type of bogyman state currently out of fashion]__

as all official state agencies have been programmed to automatically populate the appropriate fields in their announcements.

Because the Republicans, who control the White House, the Fed, the Senate, and so on are too incompetent to stop them?

Because the Republicans, who control the White House, the Fed, the Senate, and so on are too incompetent to stop them?
Are you suggesting that the house of reps is a subservient branch of Gov, rather than a co-equal branch?

Maybe you will find this civics video helpful

https://youtu.be/tEPd98CbbMk

To save you some work, here is a clip from "The Big Little Golden Book of Official Positions" (Cliff's Notes version):

The __[insert negative happening]__ of the __[insert area of negative happening]__ is all the fault of __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ and would have been much worse had it not been for the wise foresight and determined action of __[insert name of current office holder]__. The fact that the __[insert derogatory term]__ actions which caused this temporary __[insert negative happening]__ of the __[insert area of negative happening]__ was solely the cause of the deliberate actions of __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ were beyond the power of __[insert name of current office holder]__ is proof that __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ is an active member of __[insert name of currently fashionable phantom menace]__ and means that it is only __[insert name of current office holder]__ who is preventing the country from being plunged into a __[insert type of bogyman state currently out of fashion]__. Thank you, no further questions and no further comments."

In order to save bandwidth, please issue the above simply as:

• SRRS 47/ __[insert negative happening]__ / __[insert area of negative happening]__ / __[insert description of anyone other than current office holder]__ / __[insert name of current office holder]__ / __[insert name of currently fashionable phantom menace]__ / __[insert type of bogyman state currently out of fashion]__

as all official state agencies have been programmed to automatically populate the appropriate fields in their announcements.
Isnt that what I said?

Are you suggesting that the house of reps is a subservient branch of Gov, rather than a co-equal branch?

Maybe you will find this civics video helpful

https://youtu.be/tEPd98CbbMk

Why are you posting videos?

Co-equal to two other branches that you assume can't stop them=Republicans are weak

Republicans used to be strong, until they got behind that loser in the White House.

According to Trump and his minions, that's ("If the economy tanks it will be because of the house Democrats.") exactly right.

I believe that "The **O*F*F*I*C*I*A*L** List" (start from the top and work down if the chosen "Responsibilityizer" doesn't work) is:

1. Crooked Hillary;
  2. Rotten Obama;
  3. Ugly Pelosi;
  4. Stupid Sanders;
  5. the Democratic Party;
  6. elected Democrats;
  7. weak-kneed, so-called, "Republicans";
  8. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "A";
  9. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "B";
  10. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "C";
  11. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "D";
  12. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "E";
  13. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "F";
  14. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "G";
  15. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "H";
  16. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "I";
  17. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "J";
  18. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "K";
  19. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "L";
  20. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "M";
  21. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "N";
  22. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "O";
  23. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "P";
  24. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Q";
  25. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "R";
  26. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "E";
  27. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "U";
  28. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "V";
  29. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "W";
  30. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "X";
  31. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Y";
  32. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with the letter "Z";
  33. any person in or out of the United States of America whose last name starts with letters other than "TRUMP" (in exactly that sequence), whose Christian names are NOT "Donald John", and who was NOT born on June 14, 1946 at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, New York City, New York, in the United States of America;
  34. The Easter Bunny;
  35. The Tooth Fairy;
  36. Santa Claus;
  37. The Lizard People from Arcturus;
  38. Satan;
  39. some one related to a person whose last name starts with the letters than "TRUMP". whose Christian names are NOT "Donald John", and who was NOT born on June 14, 1946 at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, New York City, New York, in the United States of America;
  40. the Bogyman;
  41. inevitable fate; and
  42. God's Will.

although that list might not be complete.

Isnt that what I said?

Yes, but you didn't use the **O*F*F*I*C*I*A*L*L*Y** **A*P*P*R*O*V*E*D** version.

When people say things like "President Trump will always blame anyone other than himself for the negative consequences of his own actions." or like "President Trump will always claim the credit for any positive results of anyone's actions, even if he had bupkis to do with them." they might get the impression that Mr. Trump is NOT the light that shines out of God's Butt and we can't have that happening.

Call me Nosterdomus (sp?)

Nostradamus.

As for the prediction you made, there are other factors at work causing the uncertainty in the market; a part of that has to do with this administration's trade policy with China. Aside from that other areas have been hit because of slowing sales and demand; the tech sector's been hit pretty hard with normally top performers like Apple and Google taking hits.

Christ, you just can't make this **** up.

"Trade wars are easy to win!" :lamo

We know that that so-called "report" is Fake News, because Mr. Trump has not personally announced it on FOX News. If it were real, then Mr. Trump would be announcing yet another outstanding achievement for his administration - right?

Christ, you just can't make this **** up.

"Trade wars are easy to win!" :lamo

Well, most things are easy to do until they're not. Remember healthcare? Who knew it would be so difficult except for all of the people who did? Trump isn't a person who focuses on details, which is why you get that kind of inane response. If he had taken the time to delve into the matter, surely he wouldn't be surprised by its complexity.

Back
Top Bottom