• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. top court tosses ruling against illegal immigration encouragement law

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
By Andrew Chung
May 7 (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday threw out a lower court ruling that had invalidated a decades-old federal law defended by President Donald Trump's administration that makes it a felony to encourage illegal immigration.
The high court, ruling 9-0, did not resolve the legal merits of the dispute but faulted the 2018 decision by the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals as an overreach. The justices found that the 9th Circuit had based its decision on an issue never presented in the California case - the question of whether the law at issue was overly broad.
The Supreme Court, in its tersely worded ruling written by liberal Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, sent the case back to the 9th Circuit to start its work again. Ginsburg wrote that the lower court's "radical transformation of this case goes well beyond the pale."

U.S. top court tosses ruling against illegal immigration encouragement law

A unanimous SCOTUS ruling against judicial over reach.

"The case centered on the prosecution of a U.S. citizen named Evelyn Sineneng-Smith, who ran an immigration consultancy in San Jose, California that primarily served Filipinos who worked as home healthcare providers.[snip] Federal prosecutors in 2010 accused Sineneng-Smith of duping illegal migrants into paying her to file frivolous visa applications while remaining in the country indefinitely."

Typical democrat scammer playing every angle for profit...probably cried for a news camera at least once.

Honestly the fact that people are still trying to cut corners when it comes to immigration it is annoys me to no end. I have personally worked so hard to get where I am right now and it pisses me off that people would not put in the effort but try to reap the benefits of the legal status of a US citizen. I am currently in the process of getting a US e1 visa and it has not been very easy for me that is for sure. I have been blessed though with a really great lawyer. He has been super professional and has been in top of his game. I have been extremely lucky as well because I found him on a whim. I have been doing research regarding e1 visa Los Angeles (I always wanted to live in LA) and his name popped up one of the first on my search. I talked with him a few times and he has been amazing. He has some experience with cases like mine so I am happy that he agreed to take on my case. I know that everything is kind of in a standstill right now but I am optimistic when it comes to my future.

Honestly the fact that people are still trying to cut corners when it comes to immigration it is annoys me to no end. I have personally worked so hard to get where I am right now and it pisses me off that people would not put in the effort but try to reap the benefits of the legal status of a US citizen. I am currently in the process of getting a US e1 visa and it has not been very easy for me that is for sure. I have been blessed though with a really great lawyer. He has been super professional and has been in top of his game. I have been extremely lucky as well because I found him on a whim. I have been doing research regarding e1 visa Los Angeles (I always wanted to live in LA) and his name popped up one of the first on my search. I talked with him a few times and he has been amazing. He has some experience with cases like mine so I am happy that he agreed to take on my case. I know that everything is kind of in a standstill right now but I am optimistic when it comes to my future.
Welcome, Lysa. I'm interested in learning about your experience in the process. I have niece-in-law that had a relevant, and convoluted, experience with immigration to the United States. I don't know how much detail you'd be comfortable revealing, but I'm interested in your thoughts. I'm also terribly opinionated.

Back
Top Bottom