• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S to Release Surplus Pistols

Dibbler

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Civilian Marksmanship Program is a program through which the U.S. Government has been selling off their stock of aging firearms to the American public in an effort to promote the shooting sports and marksmanship training. They are best known as the prime source for M1 Garand rifles and M1 Carbines, but thanks to a bill signed today by President Obama the CMP may shortly begin to sell off the U.S. Government’s huge stock of 1911 handguns. These firearms saw duty from WWI through Desert Storm, and you can bet your butt I’ll be waiting in line to snap one up.

From the NRA press release:

Rounding out the list of pro-gun provisions is section 1087, which restores authorization to the Secretary of Defense to transfer to the Civilian Marksmanship Program surplus M1911 and M1911A1 .45 ACP pistols for sale to the public. The component of the CMP that dispenses the pistols would be required to obtain a federal firearms license and abide by all requirements of the Gun Control Act pertaining to licensed sales and transfers. Currently, the military has some 100,000 such pistols that it no longer needs and that are being stored as taxpayer expense. These historically-significant firearms can now be transferred to law-abiding owners at a net gain to the government’s heavily-indebted balance sheet.

BREAKING: Obama Signs Law Allowing Public Sale of Surplus U.S. Army 1911s - The Truth About Guns

Civilian Marksmanship Program |

Wut?!?!?!?

That's unpossible! Obamer is a krazy kommunist Muslim sleeper agent gun-grabber!!!

That's why we're all posting from UN/FEMA death camps!

Oh. Hold on a sec.....

I would like one free as a tax refund.

But the conservatives have been telling me that Obama wants to take all our guns away?! Me sooo confused.

But the conservatives have been telling me that Obama wants to take all our guns away?! Me sooo confused.

He's going to sell them off then take them away, that way he gets the money and the guns.

He's going to sell them off then take them away, that way he gets the money and the guns.

But I thought if we all had gunzzz we can fight off the goooberment! Why would that big bad Obama want us to be armed!!?!?!

Hmm...may need to make a trip to Camp Perry one of these days.

I've always wanted a 1911. Wonder what kind of shape they're in.

Using your logic if a republican pushed for bans on elective abortion, appointed people who share his views on abortion to various appointed offices including the supreme court,signed executive orders, and praised countries were elective abortion is illegal then that republican would still be pro-abortion or pro-choice. Which most anti-2nd amendment Trash would say no that person is not pro-abortuon or pro-choice. But Obama can push for laws banning semiautomatic firearms under the pretext of assault weapon bans, appoint people who share his views on guns to various appointed offices including the supreme court, sing anti-2nd amendment executive orders and praised countries like Australia and UK that enacted draconian gun control laws and you people say Obama is pro-2nd amendment.

I carried a 1911 in the army. Unless they have been refurbished I'm going to say they are haggard on a Courtney love level.

Using your logic if a republican pushed for bans on elective abortion, appointed people who share his views on abortion to various appointed offices including the supreme court,signed executive orders, and praised countries were elective abortion is illegal then that republican would still be pro-abortion or pro-choice. Which most anti-2nd amendment Trash would say no that person is not pro-abortuon or pro-choice. But Obama can push for laws banning semiautomatic firearms under the pretext of assault weapon bans, appoint people who share his views on guns to various appointed offices including the supreme court, sing anti-2nd amendment executive orders and praised countries like Australia and UK that enacted draconian gun control laws and you people say Obama is pro-2nd amendment.

Never said he was "pro-2nd amendment". And I'm making fun on the individuals like Alex Jones, and some other extreme "conservatives" who have claimed in the past that Obama wants to take all our guns aways....

The link in the OP is 7 months old. Apparently this isn't new news.

Never said he was "pro-2nd amendment". And I'm making fun on the individuals like Alex Jones, and some other extreme "conservatives" who have claimed in the past that Obama wants to take all our guns aways....

Obama has called for bans for certain types of semi-automatic firearms and praised countries that did take firearms away. That says he wants to take away guns.

They're kind of gun shaped, duh!!

:lol:

My understanding is that CMP goes over everything and culls anything that's unserviceable. It would be very cool, however, if they released any of the Singer models.

Obama has called for bans for certain types of semi-automatic firearms and praised countries that did take firearms away. That says he wants to take away guns.

Yea! Obama wants to take all our guns away so he willingly signs legislation that gives us more guns! Makes a whole lotta sense dont it? :roll:

And.....................he will know right where to find them!

I wish he'd free up all those M1 Garrands in S. Korea.

They will vary......from good, to rarely used, if at all, to junk.

I carried a 1911 in the army. Unless they have been refurbished I'm going to say they are haggard on a Courtney love level.

See above.

Yes, and Presidents are often forced to sign one piece of legislation to get another that they want. I wonder what the Pubs gave up?

The link in the OP is 7 months old. Apparently this isn't new news.

Yes it is, I knew about this ...............................7 months ago. :lamo

They're kind of gun shaped, duh!!

:lol:

My understanding is that CMP goes over everything and culls anything that's unserviceable. It would be very cool, however, if they released any of the Singer models.

Sure as hell would. I had one and sold it.

Yea! Obama wants to take all our guns away so he willingly signs legislation that gives us more guns! Makes a whole lotta sense dont it? :roll:

Yes it does....see above.

Back
Top Bottom