• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. suspends compliance with INFO treaty, may withdraw in six months

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Trump keeps telling our enemies what he's doing...

The United States is suspending its compliance with the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces Treaty with Russia on Saturday and will withdraw from the landmark 1987 arms control accord in six months if Moscow does not end its alleged violation of the pact, U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said on Friday.

Russia denies violating the treaty, which bans either side from stationing short- and intermediate-range, land-based missiles in Europe.

Pompeo announces suspension of nuclear arms treaty

U.S. suspends compliance with INFO treaty, may withdraw in six months

If Russia is going to violate the agreement, why should we bother staying in compliance?

And in this case telling everyone as much might be enough to get players to the table to talk about it. I doubt it, but we cannot completely rule it out.

If Russia is going to violate the agreement, why should we bother staying in compliance?

And in this case telling everyone as much might be enough to get players to the table to talk about it. I doubt it, but we cannot completely rule it out.

Only problem is the US was also violating the treaty... just saying.

Only problem is the US was also violating the treaty... just saying.

That may help my argument, why have one that no one is in compliance with?

Back
Top Bottom