• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

U.S. Supreme Court Spurns Bid for Religious Opt-Out From Vaccine Rule

Coercion is force.
When insurance companies jack up the rates for those who refuse to be vaccinated, is that coercion?

It is coercion when they charge higher life insurance rates for those who smoke?

Coercion is force.
Suppose an employer had a factory that ran 24/7. Would you have any problem with the employer making it company policy that all unvaccinated employees will work the overnight shift?

It's not theatrics. People are being fired for it, for example. People I work with.

Do you work in the medical field?

So what you’re saying is that those people refused to take a simple test.

That Is my problem with some. They are given a compromise to get a test yet they refuse to even compromise.

I have no sympathy for selfish people who refuse to even compromise.

They got what they deserve as far as I’m concerned.

I'm pleasantly surprised. Particularly since it's religious exemption.

No.

People are being fired for not taking the vaccine.

There we go...now the truth comes out. It's really about those who do what you don't think they should "getting what they deserve" in your eyes.
Life is tough. Employers have the right to do that.

They probably shouldn't, but that's the way America likes it. Any reason or no reason.

They probably shouldn't, but that's the way America likes it. Any reason or no reason.
When it comes to protecting the health and well being of their employees and customers, they should. Now, if we had universal health care, things would be easier.

The problem is the USSC has already set precedence in the Hobby Lobby decision. If you have a deeply held religious belief, you do not have to obey laws that run contrary to that belief. you get an exemption.
This is the problem when a religious institution decides it is a charitable institution to avoid taxation. Little wonder that millionaire televangelists can afford several luxury homes, yachts and private jets.

while i support religious rights and in this country my rights as a Christian are 100% protected

"exemptions" are tricky because the majority of times i have seen people try for them its based on bigotry and or hypocrisy and not their religion.
Wtf BIGOTRY? what the hell does a MEDICAL PROCEDURE have to do with bigotry? "Oh look at all these ****en mexicans, getting VACCINATED can you believe? NO VAX FOR ME!" :ROFLMAO:
Sothis is why its hard to get them and defend them and it should be

:ROFLMAO: man, all it requires is for you to sincerely believe that people can make their own decisions, even the wrong ones!

Having a quiet (maybe not so quiet) laugh to myself right now. I have dual nationality with New Zealand and spend a lot of time there so know it, and some other western democracies I've lived/worked in pretty well. I often read what to me seem to be 'less educated' people proclaiming that the US is the last bastion of individual freedom, and 'liberal' societies like in NZ are suppressed sheep etc etc.

WELL, on the same day SCOTUS upheld the vaccine mandates, the NZ supreme court just declared them an illegal violation of an individuals rights. Maybe those sheep in other democracies aren't as 'supressed' as some of the 'anti-liberals' would like to pretend.

It is not. One is what you're doing regarding your own body, while the other is what you're doing to someone else's body.
You guys don't mind telling others what they can do with their bodies, right ladies? Is there a difference?

You guys don't mind telling others what they can do with their bodies, right ladies? Is there a difference?
There is a difference between asking someone to do or refrain from doing something with your body and forcing someone to do something.

Irrelevant to the point being made, and in some of the cases I'm referring, it's government employees being fired.

Irrelevant to the point being made, and in some of the cases I'm referring, it's government employees being fired.

Oh so now you don't support the conservative law of right to work?

while i support religious rights and in this country my rights as a Christian are 100% protected

"exemptions" are tricky because the majority of times i have seen people try for them its based on bigotry and or hypocrisy and not their religion.

Sothis is why its hard to get them and defend them and it should be
I would like to add that even the Christian Scientists understand and knows the importance of vaccinations and public health.
……….

Concern for public health and safety is something that all responsible people share—including Christian Scientists. Grateful as we are to live in communities where honest differences can be respected, Christian Scientists are also mindful of the obligations all citizens have to respect the rights of others in their communities.

For more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination. Christian Scientists report suspected communicable disease, obey quarantines, and strive to cooperate with measures considered necessary by public health officials. We see this as a matter of basic Golden Rule ethics and New Testament love.

well thank god America isn't design like that, the constitution disagrees with you and we have rights in this great country

Thank God? How ironic. No?

It is not 1787. Religion should be treated no different than any other fiction. Enjoy it if you would like. Period.

Yes, and one big principle is that they have to worry about the health and well being of all the ones that aren't getting fired.

And they have the right to do that.

I would like to add that even the Christian Scientists understand and knows the importance of vaccinations and public health.
……….

Concern for public health and safety is something that all responsible people share—including Christian Scientists. Grateful as we are to live in communities where honest differences can be respected, Christian Scientists are also mindful of the obligations all citizens have to respect the rights of others in their communities.

For more than a century, our denomination has counseled respect for public health authorities and conscientious obedience to the laws of the land, including those requiring vaccination. Christian Scientists report suspected communicable disease, obey quarantines, and strive to cooperate with measures considered necessary by public health officials. We see this as a matter of basic Golden Rule ethics and New Testament love.
Ah yes.. that thing that should be linked to 'personal freedom', but quite often is not. Without the obligations, freedom is being nothing but a spoiled brat\

You are confusing bodily autonomy with bodily integrity.

Wtf BIGOTRY? what the hell does a MEDICAL PROCEDURE have to do with bigotry?
maybe you should read the post slower this time and it will control your unhinged delusion retarded triggered meltdown posts from looking so hilariously stupid LMAO
:ROFLMAO: man, all it requires is for you to sincerely believe that people can make their own decisions, even the wrong ones!
nope, that's factually not how it work. THanks for the laughs though
😂🍿

Thank God? How ironic. No?

It is not 1787. Religion should be treated no different than any other fiction. Enjoy it if you would like. Period.
LMAO you post changes nothing
again thank god America isn't designed like that, the constitution disagrees with you and we have rights in this great country PERIOD LMAO
😂🍿

maybe you should read the post slower this time and it will control your unhinged delusion retarded triggered meltdown posts from looking so hilariously stupid LMAO
I literally bolded the word. You said it was because of bigotry. What bigotry? Please explain how bigotry plays into refusing a vax.

then they were fired for their CHOICE, this is nothing new 🤷‍♂️
WHere are vaccines being factually forced?
Where are vaccines being factually coerced?

Back
Top Bottom